What Are You Planning To Do During Songkran?

george

What are you planning to do during Songkran?  

592 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

This is my 4th and last Songkran for quite a bit (moving back before next year :/ ) I love it, I will be out for the next few days in Chiang Mai. However, my wife hates it, she went out with my last year and a bunch of drunk guys grabbed her... I held my camera up and said if they don't let go of her I was going to smash their skulls in... I added a few interesting adjectives as well... It's a fun holiday, but is being ruined by a bunch of losers...

I'm moving back as well. I think it's gone a bit too far lately with Songkran. My first couple were a novelty. We, in the West, also take things too far during our holidays. Look at all the deaths during Christmas time in the USA. I'm going to stock up, stay home and maybe have a barbeque. Happy New Year all.

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Will miss getting saturated in LOS. Songran is really good fun in Panom Sarakham. Alas have had to come back to home to earn money. Wife and I are going to the Buddist Temple In Adelaide SA. for Thai New year and to meet some other Thai people who live in South Australia. Cheers to all and a happy Songkran, keep safe.

Woke up early and waied/watered down the parents and grandparents. Luckily each set lives less than 50 meters in one direction and less than 100 meters in the other direction. Just finished up with a handful of employees on Songkran overtime doing the same to me. Won't leave the house for another 3-4 days during the day... maybe going out at night to enjoy the empty expressway and a not so empty pub or something.

:o

Woke up early and waied/watered down the parents and grandparents. Luckily each set lives less than 50 meters in one direction and less than 100 meters in the other direction. Just finished up with a handful of employees on Songkran overtime doing the same to me. Won't leave the house for another 3-4 days during the day... maybe going out at night to enjoy the empty expressway and a not so empty pub or something.

:D

....or something.... :D:D

Send the kids off to the city on a songtaew the missus and myself will be going to several temples as far away from the city as time permits, then to an expensive spa for a half day, a BBQ at a friends house, next day - make donations to 2 orphanages, a couple of more temples, and a general run down Mae Sa Valley.

:o Sawasdee Songkran khrap!!

Here in Pattaya with our 10 day Songkran, you might just call it another amazing case of killing the goose that laid the golden egg. It could be a great tourist attraction and even fun for the locals if it was limited to one day.

10 days!! :o You have my sympathies Jingythingy. My g/f just got back - soaked, bedraggled, looking rather fetching I must say. Excuse me if I log off for a while... :D

I have only just arrived back in the country after finishing work in Brazil. I spent yesterday in the village with the family doing the water sports and now i need a break.

I am flying to Samui today with my wife and kids for a 1 week holiday, if i am going to get wet for the next few days i might aswell do it on the beach. I hope i can get my flight ok, as we have had really big thunder storms in Sakon Nakhon all night, so fingers crossed.

Geordie

Here in Pattaya with our 10 day Songkran, you might just call it another amazing case of killing the goose that laid the golden egg. It could be a great tourist attraction and even fun for the locals if it was limited to one day.

10 days!! :o You have my sympathies Jingythingy. My g/f just got back - soaked, bedraggled, looking rather fetching I must say. Excuse me if I log off for a while... :D

Even worse. There are some blankety blank farangs spraying at night now. Got hot badly tonight at 10:30 and 2 AM on a baht bus. Kind of ruins the idea to spray people at night when the sun can't dry you out, grumble grumble ...

Out of the country - back in the UK for this one, but can't say I'm missing it much. If I was there it would be my 7th one - think the novelty has gone a bit flat nowadays.

My wife is already missing the temperature though!

many farang seem to not understand the nature of the holiday and think its standard to chase you down the street trying to get as close to your face as possible to shot you with a high powered water gun. if i was not with a certain group of people today i would have almost definitely stuck my keys into the side of a fat 40 year old Scandinavian dudes head.

Edited by YoungFarang13

many farang seem to not understand the nature of the holiday and think its standard to chase you down the street trying to get as close to your face as possible to shot you with a high powered water gun. if i was not with a certain group of people today i would have almost definitely stuck my keys into the side of a fat 40 year old Scandinavian dudes head.

I suppose I could qualify as a "really old", long-term hand (27 years in TH...) here as I'm all of 51 yrs. old...

In any event, drove from my house down Rt. 107 on the way to drop the kids off near(ish) the city and didn't see one "farang" throwing / shooting water ON THE HIGHWAY the whole trip of 7.2 km...... Or on the way back as well

There are very big celebrations in Thai town in LA. With Muey Thai fights all day, classical Thai dancing and all the good food, will attend.

Here in San Diego there are smaller and very nice celebrations at some of the Thai temples, will attend.

04.20 and 04.27... :o

Nice one ...wife annointed me over the shoulder with holy H2O and I recipricated......said hello to our little "monks" elephants et all and put some new apples outside the front of the house (on top of the gas meter cupboard) to celebrate ....

Happy SK/Hogmanay....in con thai.........then down to the local for a swallow....cheers and Chalk D-na kp.... :o

Didnt have the chance to join, work was quite a hel_l with the Malaysian/Indonesian/Singaporean customers entering Hat Yai.

An extra 5 hours of work due to Songkran wasnt a pleasant moment.

I'm looking forward to the fun next year though.