Looking For An Opportunity With An Established Ngo....

Dear Sir or Madam:

I am looking for an opportunity with an established NGO (preferably paid) that focuses in the Educational, Environmental (including Eco-tourism) or Community Development sector specifically in Thailand, but will also consider any country within SE Asia.

I hail from San Francisco, CA, USA and currently reside here. I would love to return to Thailand soon.

Previously I lived in Thailand for two years. During my time here I taught ESL and Mathematics to Maytthom students in Govt. schools.

My biggest challenge as a teacher was taking on an opportunity in Ranot (Songkhla province). When I took on this role I discovered I was the first foreign teacher at the school within the past three years; in fact, I was the only foreigner living in this town at the time. Students and locals alike were astonished to see a foreigner in the area. It took a bit of time for us to adjust to each other. Once we settled, everything went smoothly.

One of my main responsibilities in Ranot was to establish a curriculum for the English department. By evaluating all the English classes I was able to formulate a curriculum that met their needs. Once it was implemented, I gradually noticed significant improvements in their fluency of our complicated language! This was a very gratifying experience. It was very unique since immersing myself in the community was essential. It is here that I gained a firmer grasp of the culture.

Within my two years here, I gained a better understanding of the culture and became increasingly aware of challenges the country faces.

I think it would be great to be able to contribute to improving its society.

I will forward you my details upon receipt of your request (initially through a PM).

I look forward to receiving your inquiries and appreciate your time.

Edited by norbdemn