Re-entering (or Not) After Long Overstay

littlebigman

:o I think your a complete waste of space and dont think that any respectfull and law abiding person here should give you any advice and certainly not encourage you to return to Thailand. You have knowingly broken the law here which just keeps on getting tighter and more restrictive for the people who do the right thing and abide by it, The reason it keeps getting more restrictive? well the answer to that is simple, PEOPLE LIKE YOU. Do us all a favour, go home and dont come back.

Cheers Mango. :D

I wouldn''t go so far as to say he is a complete waste of space, but I certainly don't have any sympathy for him if he is refused entry.

If the Thai government really wanted to crack down on overstays, it is very easy to fix. Simply remove the 20,000Baht maximum fine, and make it so that failure to pay the full fine would result in PNG.

It's sad that the new requirements they create affect law abiding visitors more than the criminals. Basically, criminals don't care about new regulations, as they are already breaking old regulations.

I wouldn''t go so far as to say he is a complete waste of space, but I certainly don't have any sympathy for him if he is refused entry.

:D Yeh i know that comment "waste of space" was over the top and i diddnt realy mean that . However it realy does annoy me. I have a bussines here in Bkk and at the moment im busy setting up another, when i go to see officials about paper work, permits, tax, visa etc etc, it does not help me that the guy i'm talking to and asking for asistance has just dealt with someone from the same country as me who was blatently taking the piss out of the system for which he works. :o

Cheers Mango.

• 2 weeks later...
I'm a UK citizen. I'm not a career criminal, or a terrorist. I'm not a bad man at all.

But I did break the law by overstaying my visa in Thailand by a whopping three years and two months, and I suppose that does make me a criminal. I left the country two weeks ago to visit my father, who is unwell, and somewhat optimistically I bought a return ticket. I paid my B20,000 fine, and got sent on my way with a cold look, a shake of the head and that's pretty much all.

so what happened?