Rotten Chicken Meat At Friendship And Villa

Jingthing

Rotten meat in this heat?

Quite understandable.

Careful where you buy, if possible put in a insulating bag, smell at home and cook immediately!

The heat is in the indoor market?

Come on, I have said I took it right home (at night, not in the hot sun), and it was already rotten.

Stop making excuses for these shoddy business practices.

Both of these stores have staff who specialize in meat, day in, day out. They know what is rotten meat. Are you suggesting they don't know, have not been instructed by management, to move the meat, no matter what?

No excuses what so ever

They should make it a priority to make sure ALL foodstuffs are fit for human consumption and that,s the bottom line.

The fact that you bought yours from an unpackaged source ( display case ) which was then packed makes for an even more negligent scenario.

The stuff going off / already off would be crawling with unfriendly bacteria, which in turn contaminates the fresh stuff is a management issue on policy regarding fresh food stuff.

They have an obligation to ensure any old foodstuff is got rid of within the safety limits that are proven to be fit for consumption.

You do not keep it and mix it with the new stuff...................... unless you are trying to pass it on to aviod losses.

If so, it is criminal and more importantly you do not deserve to be in the foodstuff business

How many of us have gone in a super market where the electricy had been off in the night and the staff are moping down the contents of the chillers and putting it back in the now working storage areas ?????

In the heat / humidity of this country !!!!!!!!!!!! <deleted> do they do this, apart from the obvious losses, which if they are honest, are all they care about.

Imagine sitting in a suana for awhile wrapped in plastic poly ect., cause that,s the cycle that the foodstuff has been put through.

marshbags :o

P.S.

It is difficult to give it the smell test, if it,s pre packed and only when you get it home and open it, do you get the effects of it,s foul condition.

Should you then take it back to the store of purchase, the usual get out is " it was fresh when it left the store. "

LFIW

Me, i,ve quickly wrapped it in a tight bag to keep the odour contained, if it was a new purchase and took it back anyway,

If no responsibility is accepted, opened it up and left them with the contents and hopefully customers to witness it.

Gives me a certain satisfaction at least.

End of my small rant and voicing a pet hate of mine.

Edited by marshbags

Downloaded this statement off their website.

Quote :-

About Villa Market

Villa Market is a unique success in Thailand. This family-owned business began in 1974 with one store at Sukhumvit Soi 33. Today, there are many locations in the Bangkok metropolitan area, and beyond. Villa Market has gained a solid reputation for quality and service as the original supermarket.

When only the best will do

The store recognized the needs of the community for high quality, imported and local food stuffs. Villa set its policy on one single aim: to provide the best quality groceries available. Bangkok was ready for this common sense approach to marketing.

Quality assurance

Satisfaction guaranteed. Period.

Food quality is measured in so many ways that it takes a trained grocer to recognize the subtle differences. Here is the strength of Villa Market. As a family owned market Villa has complete quality control of the products it stocks and over the years it has formed solid partnerships with reliable food producers and suppliers who meet Villa’s high quality standards. Villa believes in their products, the entire family - from Villa’s founder Khun Pong to the youngest grandchild - taste tests every food item sold at Villa.

Perfect Processed Meats

Villa is renowned for its meat quality. Most are free range, which naturally brings out the best in flavor.

Beef - For its beef supply, Villa has a perfect process certificate and has joined with a co-operative farm that raises cattle without the use of steroids or hormones.

Pork - Villa’s suppliers of pork do not use growth hormones or other artificial enhancements. Their products are regularly inspected by an auditing agency and certified as export quality. It is then shipped to Japan, (a very demanding importer) as well as Villa Market. Copies of the certificate are on view at the meat counter.

Chicken - Like pork, Villa purchases chicken only from reliable suppliers who use no growth enhancing chemicals.

Lamb - Fresh, chilled cuts of lamb are imported from the best Australian free range farms.

Seafood - Villa’s fresh fish are deep-water varieties caught in the Andaman Sea as well as halibut imported from North America, salmon from Scotland, oysters from France and the catch of the day from Australia and New Zealand.

Unquote.

Going on the O.P,s bad experience and other observations, it seems the need to address certain lapses in customer relations may be in order and perhaps as a gesture of goodwill, offer the O.P. a free sample of your " quality chicken " along with allowing customers to have redress on genuine claims of below standard meat products they purchase from the store / stores.

marshbags :o:D

Ref url taken from your Thai visa logo:- http://www.villamarket.com/aboutvilla.html

Foodland is happy to supply you with a free bag of ice to go with your order so your meats will stay cool until you arrive at your home. I have always done this and have never had a problem.

If only the staff at Foodland would learn to pack meat properly. They constantly dump my meat into bags with fruit, vegetables or dairy items. I catch them out every time and insist it's bagged alone. One time I didn't catch them out and I had blood all over my veges when I got home.

Newspaper wrapping for frozen products would be a bonus.

Edited by tropo

If you are buying fresh meat, chicken or fish fron a display cabinet, use ya nose.

Ask to sniff it. Open corner of pre-packages food and sniff too.

I do it all the time, where ever I am, NZ, OZ... even Thailand..........LOL

A person's own fault if ya take home bad food.

If you are buying fresh meat, chicken or fish fron a display cabinet, use ya nose.

Ask to sniff it. Open corner of pre-packages food and sniff too.

I do it all the time, where ever I am, NZ, OZ... even Thailand..........LOL

A person's own fault if ya take home bad food.

That method is not fool proof. What if the food is just about to turn but not yet smelling off?

Same happened to me some months ago with TOPS here in Phuket.

What the did not know that I am a HACCP trained Chef, so I asked for all the documentation for delivery, exp. date etc.

In the end it was very embarrasing for them and they gave me a big basket with free food and my money back.

Gerd

it's all very well getting a basket of food but you might have published or reported this earlier,,,,,,others have to buy who might not be as skilled in judging their produce.

I see you are not in Pattaya, but this sort of stuff is illegal and should be reported.

Villa is disgusting and I NEVER buy any meats or fish and I have one right next door. The last time i bought some fish it was labelled as packed today and expired in 3 days. I walked 50 m back home and opened the pack and it was so rotten i started dry reaching. It was that bad that I had difficulty trying to dispose of it. You only have to look at the green meat still on display on their shelves and Im wondering what on earth are they thinking??

Villa is disgusting and I NEVER buy any meats or fish and I have one right next door. The last time i bought some fish it was labelled as packed today and expired in 3 days. I walked 50 m back home and opened the pack and it was so rotten i started dry reaching. It was that bad that I had difficulty trying to dispose of it. You only have to look at the green meat still on display on their shelves and Im wondering what on earth are they thinking??

I appreciate the warnings. I'll stick with Foodland.