Make Sure You Check Your True Bills Carefully !

Crushdepth

I just got my first High-Speed Internet bill from True. We signed up to the 1MB package for 890 baht per month. So, imagine my horror when I saw the bill - 8,900 baht !!!!

I rang them up and they said um...yeah, sorry...seems to be an extra zero on the end of that !!!

So, check your statements ! These guys are NEVER going to get automatic deductions from my account. Lucky they don't run a bank !

• 3 weeks later...

Here's some follow up: 2.5 weeks have passed since True admitted adding an extra zero to my bill and 'already approved' a correction to my account. I rang up tonight to ask about paying. My current balance for one month's subscription to the 890 baht package ?

8,900 baht + taxes :o

They do have a 'record' of my complaint, which has magically slipped from 'already approved' down to 'being processed'.

I asked how long I've got left to pay, they said normally they cut people off after the end of the month. Please pay as soon as possible !

:D

Here's some follow up: 2.5 weeks have passed since True admitted adding an extra zero to my bill and 'already approved' a correction to my account. I rang up tonight to ask about paying. My current balance for one month's subscription to the 890 baht package ?

8,900 baht + taxes :D

They do have a 'record' of my complaint, which has magically slipped from 'already approved' down to 'being processed'.

I asked how long I've got left to pay, they said normally they cut people off after the end of the month. Please pay as soon as possible !

:D

True Lies. :o

I talked about True's shoddiness before, but it bears repeating:

Early this year I cancelled my old True subscription to change the package. However, they didn't seem to get the idea, since I could still login to the old account, which I tried every so often. I had done the paperwork, so I thought that it would be fine. It wasn't, and I was still receiving bills, but I didn't pay since I knew that I had already done the paperwork and one of True's employees had already confirmed it.

A few months later, a True lady calls to ask about the unpaid bills, and I tell her the situation. She says, yes, I can see that, so she says she will clear my account. I ask her two more times just to be sure "Do I have to pay those bills?" each time she says "Your account is cleared". I hang up and forget about the bills.

A few months ago, I get a notice, threatening LEGAL ACTION if I don't pay the bills. Of course, I call True again. They say pay, or else. They say, they have no record of anyone clearing my account. They say give them the name of the person who called. They say, since you can't give the name, pay up, or go to court. So, I have no choice but to pay for a service which I didn't actually use.

I think that True is pretty darn *%$#*+#&@ and also very *@#$&%#@^#*, if you get my meaning. The sad thing is that these events aren't rare. They occur pretty often, and in the end it's the customer that's truly screwed.

I went down to the True office on Sunday, bill issue still not sorted out, but I made a point of paying for 1 month's subscription (ie. what I actually owe them).

Today they cut me off ! I guess I'll be getting a letter from their debt collection department soon !

Although I have not (yet!) had any problems with True, I can relate to your experience. I have generally given up on telephone conversations or face to face meetings to address these types of issues. Anything relating to invoicing gets dealt with by fax, email with return receipt requested or registered mail. Have found that a clear paper trail makes it harder for them to deny responsibility.