Doi Angkhang Royal Project Bungalows

jaideeguy

Several years ago, I went with the family up to Doi Angkhang and not wanting to stay in the Amari at their rates, we opted for a simple A-frame bungalow located within the Royal Project grounds and it was quite nice and affordable. Has anyone done that trip recently and know if the A-frames are still available?? and a contact number would be appreciated......

Thanks in advance....

Several years ago, I went with the family up to Doi Angkhang and not wanting to stay in the Amari at their rates, we opted for a simple A-frame bungalow located within the Royal Project grounds and it was quite nice and affordable. Has anyone done that trip recently and know if the A-frames are still available?? and a contact number would be appreciated......

Thanks in advance....

I've just got back from Angkhang and I was pleasantly surprised as to how cool it was. I thought it would be cooler than Chiang Mai but I didn't expect it to be chilly at night. Wonderful - a great break from the heat of town. We stayed at Amari, but next time I'd probably stay in the Royal Project resort bungalows. we asked about a two bed bungalow and was told 800 but that was only a cleaner that told us so I don't know if that is right. They're practically empty - we were the only ones I think at Amari.

• 2 months later...

Hi

We had a night in the bungalows last week. Yes it was 800bt/night for the 2 bed bungalows. Tall people beware low doorways! No cheaper for a one week booking. They had larger bungalows that had 6 beds side by side in a row (and little/no other furniture in the room) for 1,200 baht I think.

The road wasn't nearly as bad as I had been led to believe (we went the shorter windier way and back the longer way). Well worth the drive if you like mountain scenery and very refreshing temp and clean air. Plenty of flowers blooming. The place was virtually empty as was the Amari Resort. Maybe if they dropped the price during the weekdays in the low season they might do a bit better.

I would be interested to hear if anyone knows of any cheap accomm there for longer term stays. I looked at the web site for the Angkhang Villas but it has no prices listed. In another (hotel booking) web site it listed prices very similar to the Royal Project Bungalows, but the web site looked out of date.

Google maps reference follows:

Link: <http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&hl=en&...mp;ll=19.910466,99.042574&spn=0.004822,0.006609&t=h&z=17>

if you don't need the Amari luxury, then the second best place to stay on Doi Angkang is at the 'Ban Luang Resort' - a few Km's before Ban Khoom (the village at the 'summit'/bowl)

around 1200 baht inc' breakfast..

• 2 months later...

> The road wasn't nearly as bad as I had been led to believe (we went the shorter windier way and back the longer way).

would the longer, hopefully not-so-steep road up to Doi Angkhang be ok with a 105cc motorcycle? (and which road is it?) I can easily make it up to Doi Suthep, and have done the Samoeng loop, so that's what I can compare it to.

thanks for any help!

• 4 weeks later...

Went a few weeks ago, but stayed at Amari. But did check out the A frames, i think just two or three of them. Still there. And would have stayed if not booked. Doi Angkhang is great.

but having just done the mountain roads to Pai on a chopper, - in the rain. Im still convinced the best bike route ive done is the back route to Mae Sai via Chiang Dao --> Fang.

Having said that, the near vertical roads up to Ang khang were a blast.

If you see the rows of sapling trees on the roadside at the top there. I planted two of them!

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
LRB, On the odd chance you haven't already found this info .... If you scroll half way down this page there are some contact details provided:

http://wcm-birding.blogspot.com/2008/02/wh...i-angkhang.html

Thanks for that CMB. I did find that link when searching and it made me want to stay there even more. Unfortunately they were not able to accomodate our group of 9 in 3 rooms on Christmas day. I think I'll check with them again in the Spring. I was able to find something near Fang/Thaton that looks nice as well. Thanks again for the help.

Does anyone have a telephone number, website, or other contact details for Ban Luang Resort at Doi Ang Khang, as mentioned above?

TIA

The bungalows

434136452_9taFj-M.jpg

Try these contact details

58 Moo 5, Mae Ngon, Fang, Chiang Mai 50320

Phone : 08 7183 7500, 08 1881 8114

www.angkhangvilla.com/index.html