What Do You Want To Listen To?

mobs00

Music Choices  

38 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

All the bars I've visited in town, seem to play the same ol' tired stuff. I wish I could find a place that played Country and Western music.

What this town needs is a good old fashioned honkey-tonk bar, done up right. Country music playing, mechanical bull, shuffle board table, and sawdust on the dance floor. Maybe put on a weekly women's mud wrestling event (a la Gilley's in Vegas).. :o

You can choose the type of customer by your music , so you can also .. filter your customer by the type yu don't play .

and the volume can also determine if you have a interactive group or just some tourist or old fart trying to whisper into the thai girl ear cos the music is too loud .

all this can be control .. and at the same time alter the body language and also how oe feel in your BAr ..

i do not know what kinda BAr you focusing ..

on Beer Sale or FOOD ? or Tips for the House girl ..

so having a wise choice is very importance ..

if you just want .. Custome r..

play the lastest Hit list .. get NICe house girl .. play music loud enough so that you can't heard your customer unless your house girl have their ear.. inches away from the customer mouth .. :o

Lighting is also importance ..

soft light that is relaxing ..help alot ..

study show that .Customer drink more beer in darker lighting ..

I always thought a bar in Thailand would be the proper venue to play that greatest of American disco artists, Blowfly, composer of those classic hits such as "What a Difference a Lay Makes", "Panty Lines", and of course my personal favorite, "Who Did I Eat Last Night?"

post-9366-1208617416.jpg

Here is a small sample of my playlist:

ACDC

Aerosmith

Alice Cooper

Billy Idol

Billy Squier

Blondie

Bon Jovi

Boston

Bryan Adams

The Cars

The Cranberries

Deep Purple

Def Leppard

Duran Duran

Eddie Money

Foghat

Foreigner

Frankie Goes to Hollywood

George Thorogood

Guns N' Roses

Heart

INXS

J Geils Band

Jimi Hendrix

Judas Priest

Lenny Kravitz

Michael Jackson

Mississippi Queen

Motley Crue

No Doubt

The Offspring

Offspring

Pat Benatar

Poison

Queen

Red Hot Chili Peppers

Rick Springfield

Robert Palmer

Scorpions

Skid Row

Steppenwolf

Tom Petty & the Heartbreakers

Van Halen

Warrant

Whitesnake

ZZ Top

Edited by mobs00

It is not who you play, but which songs you choose that really counts. When I see Duran Duran and Frankie Goes to Hollywood< automatically think: :D but they probably had a few good songs. :o

When you see the list you just have to remember that I only picked out songs that are really good to dance to. :D

Here's a selection from my current Winamp playlist, all decent bands I think:

Pavement

Black Sabbath

Beth Orton

Grateful Dead

Good list, I like all those bands myself. Saw My Bloody Valentine live once in SFO, afterwards called them 'My Bloody Ears', third loudest concert I've ever attended. 1st place goes to Led Zeppelin's Swan Song tour, 2nd place (you may be shocked), Little Feat. Yes Little Feat, louder than My Bloody Valentine and almost as loud as Zep ...

ACDC to ZZ Top, et al., and everything in between.

Yikes.. If that is your playlist, PM me with your location, please!

Gotta to with protecting my eardrums and the ability to carry on at least minimal conversations and, in spite of TA-tutu's opinions, I have good friends with whom I like to share a visit/drinks/music all at the same time. If I want LOUD, I can go to any Thai bar and be blasted into oblivion. Even Guitarman/Tonic Rays tend to be a bit loud for such a small place but the music is so good that it is difficult to complain and I have come away with their CD's.

I actually have been carrying my own CD's with a collection of old-to-contemporary 'creative' Rock and Roll/Country-ish (such as many of those on your list) with me on evenings out and had bars play them for me and my friends and found that their bar would rapidly go from three customers to twenty as folks came in from the cold just to listen.

Unfortunately, the ThaiLady bartenders would put up with it for one CD, change back to their favorite techno, drum-machine, BOOM-BOOM junk, and the population of the bar would drop quickly back to three then even less as we collected my CD's and departed for another venue.

A warning - do not believe anything TigerBeer says!

(Just kidding TB and it was a true pleasure to meet you the other night and we look forward to the next time). :o

If the music is well-played and represents true creativity in music, be it rock or opera or whatever, it will "bring 'em in"...

Best of luck!

Rock ON, Dude!

Thanks to all who voted. Looks like it is going to be Rock and Classic Rock played 50-75% of the time. It'll take the staff a bit of getting used to but after a while I am sure they will enjoy it :o

To all those who voted for "other" it really is just such a broad category it would be hard to pin it down to any one type an have it flow smoothly through out the night. But I will see what I can dig up.

Thanks again

Why not just ask the punters in the bar what they would like to hear ? I'm sure it would vary from night to night.

An excellent response - I wish I had thought of it..

Long ago in the USofA, there was a killer group that placed slips of paper and ballpoint pens on all the tables so customers could send requests to the band as the evening went on. They were incredibly popular, understandably since the entertainment always matched the mood of the crowd. All you need is a girlfriend (or whoever) to sort the requests and hand you what seems to represent the majority...

Having played before, I know that relying on shouted requests from the floor is about as easy to understand as George Bush and only the few loudest ones in front ever get to have their requests recognized.

I await the OP's PM as to where they play..

Rock ON...

I think having whipped up suitable enthusiasm for the idea of supping a few cold ones while not being forced to listen to a loop of 'Hotel California', 'Fast Car' by Tracy Chapman and 'Zombie' by the Cranberries, Mr Mobs should just come out and tell us the name of his establishment now. We promise not to accuse you of engineering the entire thread to pull in new punters! :o

ACDC

Aerosmith

Alice Cooper

Billy Idol

Billy Squier

Blondie

Bon Jovi

Boston

Bryan Adams

The Cars

The Cranberries

Deep Purple

Def Leppard

Duran Duran

Eddie Money

Foghat

Foreigner

Frankie Goes to Hollywood

George Thorogood

Guns N' Roses

Heart

INXS

J Geils Band

Jimi Hendrix

Judas Priest

Lenny Kravitz

Michael Jackson

Mississippi Queen

Motley Crue

No Doubt

The Offspring

Offspring

Pat Benatar

Poison

Queen

Red Hot Chili Peppers

Rick Springfield

Robert Palmer

Scorpions

Skid Row

Steppenwolf

Tom Petty & the Heartbreakers

Van Halen

Warrant

Whitesnake

ZZ Top

Not a bad list.

Although i would drop Bon Jovi, Poison, Warrant and Duran Duran for sure. :o

Perhaps replace them with Metallica, Soundgarden (Audioslave) and a tad more blues. Throw in some Pink Floyd for the end of the night as well.

Salif Keita, Youssou N'Dour, Talking Heads, Toumani Diabate, Milton Nascimento, Bjork, Prodigy, Scott Jacoby. Didn't see any of them listed anywhere -- maybe I missed one or two? -- but each and every one would put a smile on my face and make me go back for more.

Salif Keita, Youssou N'Dour, Talking Heads, Toumani Diabate, Milton Nascimento, Bjork, Prodigy, Scott Jacoby. Didn't see any of them listed anywhere -- maybe I missed one or two? -- but each and every one would put a smile on my face and make me go back for more.

Smack my bitch up by The Prodigy always goes down a treat around the cromed pole divas. :o

Check out the vid on youtube to see what i mean..Classic stuff.

Edited by Austhaied

Why not just ask the punters in the bar what they would like to hear ? I'm sure it would vary from night to night.

Very good advice. Just get a huge selection and play music on request. A few years ago I had a night bar and so many albums (1 or 2000) that I could satisfy almost every customer. My neighbours had no more than 10 or 20 tapes (Bob Marley, Carabao and the worst of Techno music)

I sold the bar but kept the music.

P.s.: Get some Jazz.

Edited by adjan jb