Air Cons

jaideeguy

... specially designed house, is cooler, much cooler inside than out,

You don't actually have a thermometer, do you? :D

Temperature outside the house at 2pm today 44C - Temperature inside the house at 2 pm today 27C :o

my grandmother won all formula one races between the first and second world war. she was a granddaughter of the King of Nepal and helped Albert Einstein to formulate "e=mc²". unfortunately she died childless but two of her sons became famous politicians in Scotland. they introduced Marxism and secession from the United Kingdom. that's why Scotland is now a part of the Russian Federation and called Chechenya. all scotsmen were of course forced to convert to Islam and swear allegiance to Osama bin-Laden.

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Now I like you Naam, I truly do. You've been very helpful in the past regards my teething problems with pool pump.

BUT. You do seem to be a dog with a bone on this one.

Tamsin, let's be rational. i hold a doctorate in physics and a master's degree in mechanical engineering. among various projects i was not only involved but in charge designing [partly] and supervising [fully] the construction of cooling cycles of a nuclear power plant. there are laws of physics which canNOT be negated or surpassed. water does not flow upwards. stones fall down when thrown from any height. family buffaloes in Thailand got sick decades ago and will get sick for decades to come. 60 and 70 year old farangs will continue to fall for bargirls telling them "i lubb you too mutt dah-ling". what else can i say? :o

Now I like you Naam, I truly do. You've been very helpful in the past regards my teething problems with pool pump.

Tamsin, let's be rational. i hold a doctorate in physics and a master's degree in mechanical engineering. among various projects i was not only involved but in charge designing [partly] and supervising [fully] the construction of cooling cycles of a nuclear power plant. there are laws of physics which canNOT be negated or surpassed. water does not flow upwards. stones fall down when thrown from any height. family buffaloes in Thailand got sick decades ago and will get sick for decades to come. 60 and 70 year old farangs will continue to fall for bargirls telling them "i lubb you too mutt dah-ling". what else can i say? :D

I get the feeling - and please correct me if I am wrong - that you somewhat doubt the veracity of what Tamsin has posted. :o:D

Edit:

PS. It's 10:30 pm and my thermometer (outside) says it 28 ºC .

Edited by JetsetBkk

... specially designed house, is cooler, much cooler inside than out,

You don't actually have a thermometer, do you? :D

Temperature outside the house at 2pm today 44C - Temperature inside the house at 2 pm today 27C :o

That's very interesting. Two questions if I may. 1) Is your outside thermometer exposed to the suns rays or is that "shade" temperature? 2) Do you have air intake ducts or a forced air plenum that runs subterranean?

Tamsin, let's be rational. i hold a doctorate in physics and a master's degree in mechanical engineering. among various projects i was not only involved but in charge designing [partly] and supervising [fully] the construction of cooling cycles of a nuclear power plant. there are laws of physics which canNOT be negated or surpassed. water does not flow upwards. stones fall down when thrown from any height. family buffaloes in Thailand got sick decades ago and will get sick for decades to come. 60 and 70 year old farangs will continue to fall for bargirls telling them "i lubb you too mutt dah-ling". what else can i say? :D

You crack me up Naam :o so 44c out 27c in eh are the walls made of ice? Doesnt the frequent replacement prove expensive as it melts, are there any damp problems with all this water? :D

So these are shade temps outside (44c) taken at 1.2 metres off the ground and away from any heat radiating source?

Is it a Chinese thermometer? Is it a cave or a three storey house? which of the three stories is 27c?

I get the feeling - and please correct me if I am wrong - that you somewhat doubt the veracity of what Tamsin has posted. :o:D

PS. It's 10:30 pm and my thermometer (outside) says it 28 ºC .

i don't doubt that Tamsin thinks his house is cool because i too feel quite comfortable at 27ºC most of the time. i also don't doubt that his thermometer showed 44ºC outside temperature when he measured 27º in his house. but as LRB pointed out he must have measured the outside temperature with the thermometer exposed to direct sun radiation.

I have one going in the bedroom all night. And the same for the kids rooms.

During the day they're usually off except when I'm working where it needs to be on because the PC tends to overheat and turn down the clock rate without it.

Edit: I seem to come somewhere between Mobi and Naam, with 11 aircons.

Edited by bkk_mike

Why try to refrigerate the entire house? Is than an American habit? (See this only in the US..)

I might run one airconditioner in one room at night, on some nights and/or part of the night.

why try to live uncomfortable and sweating? :o

Why try to refrigerate the entire house? Is than an American habit? (See this only in the US..)

I might run one airconditioner in one room at night, on some nights and/or part of the night.

why try to live uncomfortable and sweating? :o

Because it's selfish.

It was in the Post last week An AP report that buildings are the biggest polluters in big cities, not cars.

I have been uncomfortably cold in stores and turned around and left.

Singapore seems to be even worse for freezing temps than USA for this.

I don't have any AC and don't understand people who live in climates that are uncomfortable to them.

I live near the Andaman Sea though and it's always cool here. I do use fans.

Soon I want to get off the power grid.