Evaluate My Photo

Tywais

The back of our house overlooks a rice field and I saw this guy and looked like a photo-op to me. Note what's hanging off his nose. :o I was going to crop it but decided to leave it full frame. The leaves give it a vignette effect. Canon S5IS - ASA 200 - 1/400th of a second.

post-566-1208520239_thumb.jpg

My one criticism of the photo (love the look on his face) ....Its not a buffalo, its an Asian cow :o

Actually I realized that later and considered changing the title. I found out a long time ago they don't taste the same either. :D

Which is better? More tender??

My experience was about 35 years ago, and suspect beef (cattle) was not very common for the Thais to eat - even now it isn't. But what I had tried were black chunks in a soup (I ordered Chili with meat - this was the Thai version :o ) and terribly chewy nearly rubbery. Large difference in texture and less rich in taste. Probably due to what the kwai eat versus cattle.

Personally I think the leaf in the upper right distracts from your main subject without adding anything to the overall composition.

At this size I cannot tell what is hanging off its nose.

Nothing is really in focus , I suspect you were just too far away.

If you were closer maybe having focus on the eye of the cow or whatever is hanging off its nose would make it more interesting.

Cheers

The back of our house overlooks a rice field and I saw this guy and looked like a photo-op to me. Note what's hanging off his nose. :o I was going to crop it but decided to leave it full frame. The leaves give it a vignette effect. Canon S5IS - ASA 200 - 1/400th of a second.

post-566-1208520239_thumb.jpg

sorry - but its just a nice snapshot - I hope it gives you fond memories but forget the RPS

"Tywais" I enjoy your photo, to see the bird picking around Asian Cow's nose :D (sorry, this is not a Kwai). :o

These are Kwai's

large.jpg

I also take photos with a tree branch or something else to get the depth of view.

Kan Win :D