Another Brit Killed In Pattaya?

Krungthepian

Hi,

spoke to a British fellow today who claims he talked to a high-ranking UK official, based in LoS, who told him a British man was killed in Pattaya last night (April 18), allegedly stabbed during a confrontation with by two local ladies. Don't know anything other than that - this is obviously yet to hit the press. The only details were - fatal stabbing Pattaya. So was just curious if anyone has heard about this.

The other comment - from my colleague's chat with the local UK rep - was about one Brit dies in Thailand every day; most obviously heart attacks and accidents. In fact, the number of Germans dying here is apparently higher.

Anyway, just interested to know if people have heard about this incident.

Yes, I made some discreet enquiries and I understand that a British national aged 44 was stabbed to death last night in a domestic dispute. I expect that Pattaya City News and Pattaya daily News will report it as soon as possible.

Edited by libya 115

Hi,

spoke to a British fellow today who claims he talked to a high-ranking UK official, based in LoS, who told him a British man was killed in Pattaya last night (April 18), allegedly stabbed during a confrontation with by two local ladies. Don't know anything other than that - this is obviously yet to hit the press. The only details were - fatal stabbing Pattaya. So was just curious if anyone has heard about this.

The other comment - from my colleague's chat with the local UK rep - was about one Brit dies in Thailand every day; most obviously heart attacks and accidents. In fact, the number of Germans dying here is apparently higher.

Anyway, just interested to know if people have heard about this incident.

so many incident every days with brit's in thailand ! why make any comments ? it's usuall

Yes, I made some discreet enquiries and I understand that a British national aged 44 was stabbed to death last night in a domestic dispute. I expect that Pattaya City News and Pattaya daily News will report it as soon as possible.

With no disrespect to the deceased, but you are really on top of the news ! Thanks for keeping us updated.

Humm...not to cast any national aspersions, but what is it with the Brits anyway. Just in the last week or so...smuggling dope, smoking dope, burning down houses, getting stabbed and killed! Don't they tolerate the heat well or what :o

You definitely do not want Brits to start throwing stones at your glass house mate because whilst our house is not in great shape, yours is in a much worse state of repair and has been so far far longer!

Humm...not to cast any national aspersions, but what is it with the Brits anyway. Just in the last week or so...smuggling dope, smoking dope, burning down houses, getting stabbed and killed! Don't they tolerate the heat well or what :o

You definitely do not want Brits to start throwing stones at your glass house mate because whilst our house is not in great shape, yours is in a much worse state of repair and has been so far far longer!

Well said

Humm...not to cast any national aspersions, but what is it with the Brits anyway.

The Brits have the highest % of European incoming tourists: 5,16% of the total number of Tourists to Thailand which was 14.464.228 in 2007.

Total Brits: 746,242 to be exact.

More Brits are coming to LOS than visitors from Oceania/Australia and NZ combined (731.283) or 5,06% of total tourists to LOS.

It would be 'normal' to assume that the more tourists from a certain country, the more accidents and other casualties.

HOWEVER:

Farang tourists drink more (and heavy) on average than tourists from Asia so it's obvious that more 'accidents' happen with Farang than Asians.

55+% (almost 8 Million) of the total number of tourists come from Asian and Asean countries (South Asia NOT included).

LaoPo

I don't think any nationality has a monopoly on stupidity.

Recently the Brits have hogged the headlines, that's all.

Next week it might be the Aussies or the Yanks.

Quite true.

Not long ago, many of the head-lines seemed to have Frenchmen involved.

During the first few weeks of this year, Canadians dominated the head-lines (primarily as victims).

Currently the Brits are hoggin' the the head-lines. Tomorrow (next week in Thai time) it could be the Russians, or folks from Upside Down (or where ever that place is) :o

As mentioned, tourists from the UK make up a large percentage of the total (and no doubt, a large percentage of the "resident" population as well). If anything, it's a wonder they aren't in the news more often (for what ever reason).

Given that the Russians are (apparently) increasing in numbers (tourist and resident-wise), no doubt they will start appearing in the news more often (for various reasons, not all good of course).

The Asian tourists seem to primarily stay in groups, don't drink (as much), and aren't as likely to get involved in the "shadier" side of life here, and therefore are less likely to make the head-lines (unless their bus crashes or hotel catches on fire).

Thanks sbk, my best to the poor Danish guy for a speedy recovery. Those daylight robberies are quite scary. Motorcycle 'snatching' is understandable, but stabbing is really frightening. So much for a day at the beach.

Chances of survival after a full upper body plunge with a knife are surprisingly slim. Never take on a knife wielding guy over a few pennies or a purported insult, not worth it and the outcome is rarely that seen in the movies.

Swift recovery to the Dane. RIP the poor Brit.

OK so whats the latest about the poor brit who was stabbed????????
The latest is the poor guy is dead.If you read the first post,says British guy killed.

He might just have been requesting further news regarding, Why, Who, Where exactly, not asking specifically about his Well Being, which was quite specific about his health, or lack of it as the case might be, however, up to now it is a little unclear and reports of a Brits demise may well be exagerated.

Moss

OK so whats the latest about the poor brit who was stabbed????????
The latest is the poor guy is dead.If you read the first post,says British guy killed.

He might just have been requesting further news regarding, Why, Who, Where exactly, not asking specifically about his Well Being, which was quite specific about his health, or lack of it as the case might be, however, up to now it is a little unclear and reports of a Brits demise may well be exagerated.

Moss

I think the goon is adding some scarcism here Moss. If he is not, then oh he_l me. :o