Ilr Application

Hi everyone,

I just have a couple of concerns regarding my wifes up coming settlement visa application, (form SETM).

Firstly we don't have any letters addressed to us in joint names. Secondly I'm not sure that the letters we do have will be sufficient in the number required.

We have addressed in my wifes name;

1 NHS Card

1 Tax rebate letter (they won't class this as a benefit will they?)

Several (say send 5??) Payslips

Several (say send 5??) Bank statements

1 Provisional Driving License

1 NI number/letter

In my name;

NHS Card

Payslips

Bank Statements

Driving license

AA letter/membership

Now I've wrote it all out it's actually more than I thought we had! If I include a cover letter stating the reason we have no utility and our current circumstances, we should be okay right?

Also, when you send off the application, what happens if there is no response from them before the visa expires? Is it okay to assume that your application is being dealt with and if the visa expires not to worry?

Thank you

If you submit your wife's application prior to her current visa's expiry, her status will automatically be considered to be extended until such a time as the UKBA makes a decision.

It appears that you might have what the UKBA would consider to be sufficient documentary evidence, but even if you haven't, they can't refuse an application simply because you have not provided the full twenty documents requested, and they must otherwise consider the case based on the available information. It might be a good idea to include a covering letter to explain why you don't have any utility bills etc.

Scouse.

Cheers Scouse

We are also currently in the process of buying a house. I wasn't going to mention this as I didn't want to confuse matters with our address ect..

By the time we send off the application we should have a completion date with the house, if not before.

Should I document this in the letter, or is it okay to leave it as is. ie, stating that we live at my Mums still?

Thanks