Automobile Insurance

hiromj

How long is a piece of string?

Obviously the age and value of the car are deciding factors, but you could insure the same car with 2 different companies for 20,000 or 40,000 depending on the level of cover, the amount of excess you are willing to accept, and the huge price variance from company to company.

I think as mentioned 20k would be a good yardstick for a middle of the road policy on an average car. I've not come accross anyone offering monthly payments though, they all seem to want it up front.

Thank you all for the information. It's all part of my education. I have always been to Pattaya on business so we always had personal drivers. This time I will be moving to Pattaya and I will have a car so I am trying to get a handle on rough costs and the rules and regulations. I will use 20,000 p/y as a baseline for my calculations.

Thank you all for the information. It's all part of my education. I have always been to Pattaya on business so we always had personal drivers. This time I will be moving to Pattaya and I will have a car so I am trying to get a handle on rough costs and the rules and regulations. I will use 20,000 p/y as a baseline for my calculations.

Hiromj

Maybe the easiest way would be to pop into our Pattaya office and have a chat whenyou are here : 038 415 795-6

(Please mention "Hiromj")

Sorry, paying premiums by installments monthly is not an option.

This 'rule' may apply to some brokers or companies (or may only be availible with First Class cover) - but it is possible to spread the cost of the policy over the year, although I am not currently doing so I am aware of some people that do this. If your company is paying for the insurance cover this would be quite easy and many company cars are covered in this manner.

Sorry, paying premiums by installments monthly is not an option.

This 'rule' may apply to some brokers or companies (or may only be availible with First Class cover) - but it is possible to spread the cost of the policy over the year, although I am not currently doing so I am aware of some people that do this. If your company is paying for the insurance cover this would be quite easy and many company cars are covered in this manner.

Sorry, we should have said :

paying premiums by installments monthly is not an option with any Insurance company.