Father-in-law Coming....

Hi all:

Your help is much appreciated. I live and work in Bangkok. My wife and I (both US Citizens) are able to get Non-Imm B and O visa's (B for me, O for her) each year. My father-in-law (Italian citizen) will be coming to visit in early November. Two years ago, when the visa laws were a bit easier to get a round, he simply bought a 1 year Non-Imm O visa....but now we're in a different situation. Since I and my wife are legally obtaining visa's now,...is there anyway that my father-in-law can be added to our "family" as a dependent or something so he can just stay for a year at a time?

Thanks for your help

Matty

Hi all:

Your help is much appreciated. I live and work in Bangkok. My wife and I (both US Citizens) are able to get Non-Imm B and O visa's (B for me, O for her) each year. My father-in-law (Italian citizen) will be coming to visit in early November. Two years ago, when the visa laws were a bit easier to get a round, he simply bought a 1 year Non-Imm O visa....but now we're in a different situation. Since I and my wife are legally obtaining visa's now,...is there anyway that my father-in-law can be added to our "family" as a dependent or something so he can just stay for a year at a time?

Thanks for your help

Matty

It is not possible here to add him to your family. With a letter from you both and copies of your passports and visa's, he should be eligible for another multi O. Get it at a Thai Consulate in Italy. The Thai Embassy in Rome is not noted for lots of cooperation.