Elderly Irishman Dies After Swimming In Pattaya......

libya 115

SOURCE: Pattaya Daily News: April 23rd 2008

ELDERLY IRISHMAN DIES AFTER SWIMMING IN PATTAYA HOTEL SWIMMING POOL

On April 22, 2008, going for a an early morning swim with a friend at the pool in Palm Garden hotel, North Pattaya, a 72-year-old Irish man got into difficulties and, in front of witnesses, vanished below the surface, swallowing large quantities of water in the process. He was rescued and resuscitated, but later died en route to hospital.

At 10.10am, on April 22, Pattaya Investigator, Pol.Lt.Col. Sompol Nak-kamphand, received a report from Bangkok Pattaya Hospital that Mr. Alan Frederick Cooper (72), an Irish citizen, had died on the way to hospital after a swim. He was wearing a black swimming costume and his body was stained with food and water that had come out of his mouth. When police arrived at the hospital, he had been dead for about an hour. Police do not suspect foul play.

A staff member of Palm Garden Hotel, who had taken Mr. Alan to hospital, told police that the Irishman, who apparently lived at Arom-Dee Apartment, in Soi Thai-Udom, North Pattaya, had come to visit a friend at Palm Garden Hotel. Both he and his friend had gone for a swim in the 2.5-metre-deep hotel swimming pool, when suddenly Mr. Alan apparently began drowning, in front of the eyewitnesses and his friend.

The alarm was raised and he was retrieved from the pool, given first aid, and subsequently taken to Bangkok Pattaya Hospital. Regrettably, however, he died while in transit to the hospital.

After the initial investigation, police notified the Irish embassy that Mr. Alan's body would be sent for an autopsy to determine the exact cause of death.

Libya 115 says: Is there a Stoke-On-Trent in Ireland?

post-26634-1208943572_thumb.jpg

<deleted> do they publish personal details in the media here? Do we really need to see his passport?

Let's be thankful they did not show photos of the deceased as so graphically described in the report "He was wearing a black swimming costume and his body was stained with food and water that had come out of his mouth"

where is the Irish Embassy? asfar as I knew the Irish Does not have an Embassy here. I thought they used the British Embassy.

Am I the only person to have noticed that the passport is British not Irish.

BB

<deleted> do they publish personal details in the media here? Do we really need to see his passport?

Hopefully a moderator will remove it from here. It's really not appropriate.

I have a hard time considering the Pattaya newspapers and TV news as "media". The have the superficial appearance of it, to be sure, but they lack the little things like credibility and talent. That they can't distinguish between Northern Ireland and the Republic of Ireland is par for the course.

Let's be thankful they did not show photos of the deceased as so graphically described in the report "He was wearing a black swimming costume and his body was stained with food and water that had come out of his mouth"

where is the Irish Embassy? asfar as I knew the Irish Does not have an Embassy here. I thought they used the British Embassy.

Am I the only person to have noticed that the passport is British not Irish.

BB

our passports are the same are they not? he must have been Northen Irish.