Euro 2008 On Tv?

rainman

Does anyone know what TV channels in Thailand will show the Euro 2008 matches? I just want to make sure ahead that I have the right channels :o I am thinking either the Thai channels, like with the last World Cup, or hopefully ESPN/Star Sports. Or maybe TRUE PPV? That would be a disaster...

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So...nobody knows? :D

For some strange reason. I think not many people on here are very interested in this Mickey Mouse competition :o

I might, just might, watch the final. However, if i have something more important to do, like cutting my toe nails, i don't think i'll even watch that. :D

It's going to be shown on Thai TV, and not Turdvisions.

I shall also be looking to find something a little more interesting to watch over the summer. :o

Edited by mrtoad

I'm actually looking forward to watching a good Tournament without the pressure & ultimate let down, if England were in it..

There is no pressure anymore, the FA in their deluded wisdom have given the worlds highest paid International manager the bizarre task of getting to the semi finals in the next 2 tournaments, what a bunch of dreamers we have running our game.

It's unreal isn't it ??

But actually thinking about it, completely believable knowing the FA..

The FA are the core of the Problem with English Football & until they are completely restuctured, which i doubt will happen in the near future, if at all, we will continue to struggle to qualify for major Tournaments in my honest opinion....

BUT........We do have a good Manager that can maybe get something out of Players that don't really care & earn far too much money to appreciate what Playing for their Country means.

I'm actually looking forward to watching a good Tournament without the pressure & ultimate let down, if England were in it..

There is no pressure anymore, the FA in their deluded wisdom have given the worlds highest paid International manager the bizarre task of getting to the semi finals in the next 2 tournaments, what a bunch of dreamers we have running our game.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/7387106.stm

Think its more heartbreaking to lose in the semis then to go out at the first hurdle like the Jocks always do.

I wish i liked one of them puff sports like rugby, cricket or to a lesser extent tennis then at least there'd be something to fill this huge empty void in my life created by the last England manager.

And football is so manly?? :o

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/7387106.stm

Think its more heartbreaking to lose in the semis then to go out at the first hurdle like the Jocks always do.

I wish i liked one of them puff sports like rugby, cricket or to a lesser extent tennis then at least there'd be something to fill this huge empty void in my life created by the last England manager.

As SC has answeared the rugby one, Cricket? Mmm ever faced a small hard red ball being thrown from 22 yards at 90mph? When you have , get back to me and explain why it's puffy.

Hello,

its gonna be shown on thai tv. From the opening game to the final.

Been looking everywhere, when is englands first game?

I wonder why somone would call it mickey mouse competition, with the last world cups semi-finals being all european, it seems like this euro cup will be as competitive if not stronger than the world cup.

regards

Timo

Isn't it just incredible that the FA sets a target for failure as a measurement of success??????

What is the point in reaching the semi-finals, losing, then calling the tournament a success????

At least with the "Sweaties", the task is simple, get us qualified, we'll play our first round games then go home, same as we've always done.

Hello,

its gonna be shown on thai tv. From the opening game to the final.

Been looking everywhere, when is englands first game?

I wonder why somone would call it mickey mouse competition, with the last world cups semi-finals being all european, it seems like this euro cup will be as competitive if not stronger than the world cup.

regards

Timo

I think that you will find that the "Mickey Mouse" comment was said as a joke. British humour.

Well, considering the seedings for the tournament it is rather ridiculous that Austria and Switzerland were seeded in pot 1 with Greece and Holland, and having Italy in pot 2, Germany in Pot 3 and France in pot 4.

As for the stadiums, I've seen bigger at legoland. :o

I'm sure it will be competative, but without England it's pretty much lost it's appeal for me. Anyway, there's plenty of other things going on this summer.

Hello,

I think that you will find that the "Mickey Mouse" comment was said as a joke. British humour.

Yeah Timo, that was me and MrToad is right, it's just British humour.

It's a bit like if you get knocked out of something and then you say "well, we didn't want to be in it anyway" :o

ok guys point taken,

we germans never fully understood your british humor :D .

As for the stadiums, i agree.

Well, dont be sad...you still have the IC ( island cup) with scottland,Ireland Northern Ireland and wales, or did you not qualify for that one either. :o

regards

Timo

ok guys point taken,

we germans never fully understood your british humor :D .

As for the stadiums, i agree.

Well, dont be sad...you still have the IC ( island cup) with scottland,Ireland Northern Ireland and wales, or did you not qualify for that one either. :o

regards

Timo

Well my country, isn't in either, and I'm not sure about England. :D

them boys just bitter that France is in it and they arent :D

i couldnt care either way :o

Ik ben voor HOLLANDDDDDDDDDD!!

JS, can we request for the right shade of oranjjjjjjjjee please

Edited by MiG16

I understand all England fans how you must feel about the competition, but I've watched World Cups and European Cups before without my nation (the current host) playing and I still enjoyed it. I've watched World Cup games of teams like Trinidad&Tobago or Togo just to see some fresh and different football than the usual Manchester United, Liverpool, Barcelona or AC Milan every weekend. Come on, I'm sure there's something to enjoy about France vs. Italy, Netherlands vs. France or Spain vs. Greece among others :o

I understand all England fans how you must feel about the competition, but I've watched World Cups and European Cups before without my nation (the current host) playing and I still enjoyed it. I've watched World Cup games of teams like Trinidad&Tobago or Togo just to see some fresh and different football than the usual Manchester United, Liverpool, Barcelona or AC Milan every weekend. Come on, I'm sure there's something to enjoy about France vs. Italy, Netherlands vs. France or Spain vs. Greece among others :D

Not necessarily, i'm looking forward to the Tournament for the reasons i gave before, & i'm really looking forward to that Group of Death !!!!! :o

It should break the monotony of not having any football to watch during the summer. It's just a pity that ESPN/Star couldn't buy the rights. We all complain about Turd Visions coverage but at least they don't have commercials every time there is a break in play unlike the terrestrial Thai TV. :o

To be honest, I'm not really bothered who wins it. If I were allowed to have a bet on it then I'd go for the Germans. They look stronger than they were before and Ballack looks like he's hitting form at just the right time. :D

Edited by Spit the Dog

actually

for the past 2 big world cup/euro events...Chang have sponsored the games broadcast in Thailand, which means that all games were shown uninterrupted on normal thai channels

you can also listen to english commentaries (I think) if your TV has that option. alternatively, I think there will be a radio station that has the commentary in english, turn your TV volume down, and there you have it

(I remember doing that some years back....)

It should break the monotony of not having any football to watch during the summer. It's just a pity that ESPN/Star couldn't buy the rights. We all complain about Turd Visions coverage but at least they don't have commercials every time there is a break in play unlike the terrestrial Thai TV. :o

I thi nk they did Mate but only for India for some strange reason..Does anyone think the Thai TV will have the option of the English Commentary ??

Does anyone know what TV channels in Thailand will show the Euro 2008 matches? I just want to make sure ahead that I have the right channels :D I am thinking either the Thai channels, like with the last World Cup, or hopefully ESPN/Star Sports. Or maybe TRUE PPV? That would be a disaster...

without england in it im not interested in it bcos i will have no players to abuse and shout at :o

I thi nk they did Mate but only for India for some strange reason..Does anyone think the Thai TV will have the option of the English Commentary ??

Yes mate, you can select the English audio if you have True Visions.

• 3 weeks later...
Anyone know who's broadcasting the games? I haven't seen anything on UBC about this. Thai channels?

Tompa,

Channel 7 I think. Most of the games are going to be 2am starts, but there are a few in the groupd stages which will start at 11pm BKK time

unlike the WC2006, the "EURO2008" almost doesnt exist in this Forum..... probably has to do with a particular nation not being part of it, and their usually extremely outspoken and self-confident supporters keeping a low profile these days.... :o

by the way: which non-Thai stations will show the games ? ESPN, Super-sport, Star-Sport or which of those usual suspects ? anybody in the know ?

by the way: which non-Thai stations will show the games ? ESPN, Super-sport, Star-Sport or which of those usual suspects ? anybody in the know ?

Wish that I knew

Edited by chutai