All Things Thai In Cumbria Uk

newstart07

Hi Guys, not sure where to post this so I thought here! My Thai wife should be coming to UK next month(we already have SV) However I live and work in Cumbria, UK I have no family or friends near to me. I'm trying my best to find any Thai shops/people/communities or anything else Thai for that matter in Cumbria, but cant!! Can anyone help or advice, anyone else live with their Thai partner in Cumbria, I'm just trying to find her some friends so she doesnt feel too alone when she gets here.

Many thanks in advance

Newstart

Hi Guys, not sure where to post this so I thought here! My Thai wife should be coming to UK next month(we already have SV) However I live and work in Cumbria, UK I have no family or friends near to me. I'm trying my best to find any Thai shops/people/communities or anything else Thai for that matter in Cumbria, but cant!! Can anyone help or advice, anyone else live with their Thai partner in Cumbria, I'm just trying to find her some friends so she doesnt feel too alone when she gets here.

Many thanks in advance

Newstart

Two families Millom Cumbria. One husband works at Sellafield. Has your wife ever seen a sheep (in wellies) ?

Yes!! When she come to visit me last year she saw a sheep, I'm showing her wonderful vista's of the lakes,mountains and waterfalls, but all she wanted was her photo taken with the sheep!!

Mate what part of Cumbria are you going to, there are Thai folk in Barrow, Dalton, Ulverston, Flookburgh, Kendal, Windermere, and Ambleside and there is a shop you can buy Thai food in Lancaster

Hope that helps

Palusa

PS what the crack about sheep?, Women are great now and again but you cant beat the real thing, besides a Cumbrian woman shaves more times than grizzly Adams, oh i shiver when i recall the memories

Thanks Palusa, Im in south lakes myself, where r u? So how can I go about finding them, try as i might I cant seem to come up with anything! oh, whats the shop in Lancaster called and where is it? I'm sure she would love that! The sheep thinghy, hehe im saying she would rather have her photo taken with a field full of sheep than all the beautiful mountains, lakes and waterfalls i took her to!! LOL

There are several websites for UK resident Thai who wish to connect with their kith. Try Thailand-UK which I believe is supposed to be the best organised.

Best to approach any new contacts with some caution......just because they are from the same country doesn't mean they will automatically be suited. Think of the many disparate Brits currently in Thailand and ask yourself if you would spend some time with all of them equally.

Hi, there is a Thai shop in Barrow market, which is open monday, wednesday, friday, and saturday. The owner is called TUK, she has most of the things you need.

There are about 30 Thais living in the Barrow area, I know most of them,and sunday seems to be a party day once a week at Tuks house at Askam about 6 miles out of Barrow.

Regards,

Typhoon. :o

Hi, there is a Thai shop in Barrow market, which is open monday, wednesday, friday, and saturday. The owner is called TUK, she has most of the things you need.

There are about 30 Thais living in the Barrow area, I know most of them,and sunday seems to be a party day once a week at Tuks house at Askam about 6 miles out of Barrow.

Regards,

Typhoon. :o

Not surprising they need to have a party night, living in Askam, of all places! Hardly the liveliest place around.

G