Hot In Cm?

jaideeguy

5 yrs ago, I took the family up to Doi Angkhan in the heat of summer and found a nice cool escape from the heat of the lowlands. Located at 13000mtrs, Doi Angkhan had tempretures of mid 70f's in the day and mid 60f's in the night [measured with my digital thermometer]. 95f degrees in CM when we left

It's a 4 hr drive to get there, but decent roads all the way. go via Fang, it's shorter, or if you have the time, you can take the turn off near Chiang Dao.

Clean quiet bungalows can be had in the Royal Project for 800/two beds or 1,200/6beds. Lots of high altitude plant exhibits, gardens and production of peaches, artichokes, plumbs, pears, apples, kiwi fruit, etc. Good restaurant on site at reasonable prices.

other acomodation options are tha Amari....but prices start at $75.

Mid week, we had the whole place to our selves with only 1 other bungalow occupied.

Enjoy!!!

5 yrs ago, I took the family up to Doi Angkhan in the heat of summer and found a nice cool escape from the heat of the lowlands. Located at 13000mtrs, Doi Angkhan had tempretures of mid 70f's in the day and mid 60f's in the night [measured with my digital thermometer]. 95f degrees in CM when we left

It's a 4 hr drive to get there, but decent roads all the way. go via Fang, it's shorter, or if you have the time, you can take the turn off near Chiang Dao. Clean quiet bungalows can be had in the Royal Project for 800/two beds or 1,200/6beds. Lots of high altitude plant exhibits, gardens and production of peaches, artichokes, plumbs, pears, apples, kiwi fruit, etc. Good restaurant on site at reasonable prices.

Mid week, we had the whole place to our selves with only 1 other bungalow occupied.

Enjoy!!!

It is my belief that the turn off just past Chiang Dao is much faster because of fewer curves and not-so-steep route. and much more interesting than the Fang way because of the hilltribes and Arunothai. It is a beauriful route either way, though I just get tired of the curves going through the mountains into Fang.

Is it cooler than Doi Mai Salong? I always love to hang out there and eat Chinese food when it is hot.

Probably the best Chinese food I've ever had (Doi Mae Salong). The wild mushroom dishes are particulary good.

Great climate anytime of the year, sensational views.

One of my favorite "hang outs" in Asia. :o

It's a 4 hr drive to get there, but decent roads all the way. go via Fang, it's shorter, or if you have the time, you can take the turn off near Chiang Dao. Clean quiet bungalows can be had in the Royal Project for 800/two beds or 1,200/6beds. Lots of high altitude plant exhibits, gardens and production of peaches, artichokes, plumbs, pears, apples, kiwi fruit, etc. Good restaurant on site at reasonable prices.

Enjoy!!!

It is my belief that the turn off just past Chiang Dao is much faster because of fewer curves and not-so-steep route. and much more interesting than the Fang way because of the hilltribes and Arunothai. It is a beauriful route either way, though I just get tired of the curves going through the mountains into Fang.

Yes, and steep in those parts really does mean STEEP!

Just 3 or 4 years ago 2 farangs (not heavy chaps) and their 2 lightweight Thai ladies went up there in one of those tiny Daihatsu Miras.

It would NOT go up the steep hairpins in first gear. But they had paid a deposit on some accom and really HAD to get there.

The engineering genius of the 4-some announced that the lowest gear in any gearbox is always reverse.

The journey was completed by 3 passengers walking and the lightest driver reversing up the last 1.5 kms in the empty car. Be warned!