Dependants On Visas

If I get a non immigrant type B visa is it possible for my husband to get the type O for being my dependant at a later date? ie. If I get the visa now and a month from now my husband comes to Thailand would we be able to go to a consulate and have him granted a non immigrant type O just for being my husband? Neither of us are Thai...

If I get a non immigrant type B visa is it possible for my husband to get the type O for being my dependant at a later date? ie. If I get the visa now and a month from now my husband comes to Thailand would we be able to go to a consulate and have him granted a non immigrant type O just for being my husband? Neither of us are Thai...

Yes you can, getting it in your own country before travelling will make things easier, assume you are coming here to work, so get your company to sort out the docs required...ie letter etc..

No I am already in Thailand. I am going to be doing volunteering and for that they give me a Non Imm B visa and work permit, my husband works offshore and will only be back end May beginning June so I was just wondering how I would go about getting him a Non Imm O as my dependant after the time I get my visa??

Once you have your visa your husband should be able to apply for a Non Imm O at the embassy/consulate

where he is working.

He will need a copy of your visa, work permit, and marriage certificate.

He may only get a single entry, but your employer should be able to arrange a one year

extension for him.

Once you have your visa your husband should be able to apply for a Non Imm O at the embassy/consulate where he is working.

He will need a copy of your visa, work permit, and marriage certificate.

He may only get a single entry, but your employer should be able to arrange a one year

extension for him.

As the OP said her husband is working offshore, usually not too many embassies/consulates around...Stand to be corrected on this but he should be able to get this done in Singapore or failing that in your home country