Hsbc Internet Money Transfer To Thailand

I am trying to setup my HSBC account in UK to pay into my Kasikorn account in Thailand so I do not have to call the UK everytime I want to make a transfer.

I have a question of anyone who may have set this up before.

One field I need to fill in is 'Beneficiary Bank Identifier Code' or BIC. I am guessing that this is the SWIFT code right? KASITHBK.

When I called the HSBC internet helpdesk they had no clue what a BIC was! Hardly confidence building.

Has anyone else used HSBC for international internet money transfers?

Thanks in advance.

Hi edwinchester , Not too sure if this helps at all, but when I arrange a transfer of funds , I have to give my

B I C code ( Branch Identifier code ) which is shown on all my HSBC statements and is arranged like this

B I C ABCDEF 1234G ( Six letters , Three numbers, One letter ) I have to also include my HSBC ..International

Bank Account Number , SWIFT code and IBAN code

Mumbo ...

You can write the SWIFT code in the BIC field, that's OK. Same-same but different.

I use my HSBC online account (Hong Kong branch) to send money to Kasikorn (BKK branch) and don't know why they put the BIC and IBAN fields because both are for transfer in Europe only and none of these 2 branches are in Europe :o They should ask for SWIFT only, otherwise a lot of people will not know what to do.

Usually I only write the name + account number because Kasikorn is listed in the drop down menu after selecting Thailand as the destination country and it always worked.

I enter Kasikorn bank's SWIFT code KASITHBK where it asks for the beneficiary bank code on the local HSBC (SABB in Saudi) webpage instruction. I note from the transfer confirmation that the funds go to Commerzbank AG in Germany then onward to my Kasikorn account.