Looks Like We’re In For Stormy Weather

mobs00

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Bringing all the themes of this topic together, it looks like, as Bob Dylan might have put it, it's a hard rain's a-gonna fall.

Right, and I might find myself blowing in the wind.

A special form of shelter from the storm.

:o You guys crack me up...2 inches...shelter from the storm....

I think I vote tor the Rain People, over the Smoke People, for pure entertainment value. :D

Look, two inches is only what they are predicting. From the looks of it I know it'll be more. :D

It has slowed down a bit but it is still going to come. From the image below you can see that most of the activity is on the eastern front. So no matter what you do Rasseru it looks like everyone is going to get a taste of this one.

post-39343-1209802634_thumb.jpg

All quiet on the northern front. No wind last night. Anyway it's coming closer.

Coming closer, but probably not heading directly this way & now going into Northern Myanmar.

http://www.wunderground.com/tropical/track...el.html#a_topad

This map shows the computer generated projected path. It will vary as new information is received and updated in the computer.

The last update shows Friday at 1700 EDT which would make it Saturday 0400 in Chiang Mai.

Edited by mobs00

As a retired meteorologist living in Chiangmai, I have enjoyed reading this topic. It is always an enjoyable experience to listen to the views of the real experts. The various meteorological services around the world seem to be very much at odds with our experts, however. Weather Underworld is predicting winds of about 5 kts or less over the next few days. The BBC weather centre is pretty similar, and the latest TAF issued for Chiangmai Airport is :

TAF:VTCC 030330Z 030606 VRB03KT 9999 BKN032 BKN110 TEMPO 0712 VRB06KT 5000 RA BKN030 BKN100

The next 24 hours should tell an interesting story.

and the latest TAF issued for Chiangmai Airport is :

TAF:VTCC 030330Z 030606 VRB03KT 9999 BKN032 BKN110 TEMPO 0712 VRB06KT 5000 RA BKN030 BKN100

Dear retired in CM, could you please translate? Having found the pot at the end of the rainbow, I'm a bit retarded right now.

Storm goes POOF! For all the predictions, warnings, and exciting pictures, what a let down. A little rain on and off. And it's messed up my plans to go out on the kayak Sunday. If there's a storm, I wanna see a real storm.

Storm goes POOF! For all the predictions, warnings, and exciting pictures, what a let down. A little rain on and off. And it's messed up my plans to go out on the kayak Sunday. If there's a storm, I wanna see a real storm.

Yep, sort of looks like it's gone past...

288816160_JYgdP-M.jpg

but then again "we" could be opening our mouths too early. Ha. Ha.

Dear retired in CM, could you please translate? Having found the pot at the end of the rainbow, I'm a bit retarded right now.

TAF stands for "Terminal Aerodrome Forecast" or "Terminal Area Forecast". For definitions and help to decipher :o Chiangmai Cheer's post, see http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Terminal_Aerodrome_Forecast

His point is that the TAF indicates that nothing much will happen, windwise. VRB03KT means variable wind directions at 3 knots, which in layman's speak is a slight breeze.

/ Priceless (ex commercial pilot)

TAF stands for "Terminal Aerodrome Forecast" or "Terminal Area Forecast". For definitions and help to decipher :o Chiangmai Cheer's post, see http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Terminal_Aerodrome_Forecast

His point is that the TAF indicates that nothing much will happen, windwise. VRB03KT means variable wind directions at 3 knots, which in layman's speak is a slight breeze.

/ Priceless (ex commercial pilot)

Apologies for not getting back to explain taf. Priceless has done a good job. The point i was trying to make is that, as usual, we get the dramatic announcement from one of the country's ministries, without, obviously contacting the department who SHOULD have the knowledge. Yet another case of the boy calling wolf.

Two inches is not a very promising start :o .

Presumably not mobs00?

The prediction is for two inches, but they also pointed to the fact that whatever amount is received it will probably be quite substantial.

Alas. :D