5 Year Driving License With Non-o Single Entry Visa

I have a Non-O single entry visa, am I entitle to renew my driving license from 1 year to 5 year. Anyone out there with the same situation.

Not sure if anyone is entitled to a drivers license in any country. Typically a driving license is a privilege issued by the issuing authority.

And yes a Non-imm visa qualifies you for the privilege.

:o

You have to have had the one year license for over 365 days before you can get the 5 year. It's a lttle strange but if you go in one day before it expires you can only get another one year license. You actually need to let it expire by a day or more.

I think the OP may be referring to an earlier post from someone saying that the rules had changed, and 5 yr licenses were only available to those with permanent residency.

I renewed mine a few weeks ago and was given the 5 yr without question, on a non-O visa.

I think the OP may be referring to an earlier post from someone saying that the rules had changed, and 5 yr licenses were only available to those with permanent residency.

I renewed mine a few weeks ago and was given the 5 yr without question, on a non-O visa.

One question. Besides a photo copy of your passport did they also ask for a certified address ? If so with a non-immi ‘O’ visa is it possible to get the local immigration to certified? or the Land transport dept don’t ask for it anymore?

One question. Besides a photo copy of your passport did they also ask for a certified address ? If so with a non-immi 'O' visa is it possible to get the local immigration to certified? or the Land transport dept don't ask for it anymore?

Yes, you need a certificate of residency from your local immigration, which requires your house book/ rental agreement and a couple of photos. Some posters on a previous thread said that their local immigration no longer issues these, and they had to go to their embassy at a cost of around 2,000 baht. Some other posters said their local immi issues them for free??

In Pattaya, immigration will give you one for 250 baht - a residency certificate that is :o

Thanks for all the info, I think to get a letter from the embassy is the best bet. :o

Try your local immigration first. It's alot quicker/ easier/ cheaper. Get a Thai speaker to telephone them and ask if they will issue a residency certificate.

One question. Besides a photo copy of your passport did they also ask for a certified address ? If so with a non-immi 'O' visa is it possible to get the local immigration to certified? or the Land transport dept don't ask for it anymore?

Yes, you need a certificate of residency from your local immigration, which requires your house book/ rental agreement and a couple of photos. Some posters on a previous thread said that their local immigration no longer issues these, and they had to go to their embassy at a cost of around 2,000 baht. Some other posters said their local immi issues them for free??

In Pattaya, immigration will give you one for 250 baht - a residency certificate that is :o

Last two times I have done this they were free from Phuket town. Before that I was charged (I think 200 baht) from Patong Immigration but they no longer do them there.