Cheap, Sturdy, Collapsible, Camping Tables

realthaideal

I'm in the market for some good size - at least 6 ft/ 2m - picnic tables that I can haul in a truck with me when I go camping and have a BBQ with some friends. Not sure where to buy. I'll be perusing Tesco, Big C, n Makro but am doubtful I'll find the right intersection of sturdiness and quality for the right pirce. They need to last awhile (nothing cheaply made) n be of good plastic or wood tops and then metal legs (probably) that fold up for the ride to the destination.

And as for taking along all my cooking equipment, dishes, prepared food, etc., back in The States we use hard industrial plastic milk crates or something like that for transport. Anybody else know where to find something solid and utility minded like that around here? What do you guys haul your food, camping, cooking gear in ?

Thank ye!

If you have a Home Pro nearby, they carry what you are looking for in the tables. They have about 3 different sizes from square to rectangle ones. I bought one. They are really neat. The legs of the chairs fold up and fit inside the table and everything is really compact. Pretty good quality also. I forget exactly what I paid, I think it was around 2,000 baht. Check it out.

Saw some great looking tables with folding steel legs in an independent furniture shop between Carefore and Makro on the same side of the street, can't remember the shop name but the tables were upstairs and the gentleman helpful and pleasant.

Thanks for the replies guys. I'm gonna check out Home Pro tmw, and maybe Globin Hout (Global House in Thai!) as well. See what I can dig up there at the last minute. As for the unnamed furniture store out off the Super sidestreet by Carrefour, I think I know the one you mean. All kinds of mixed stuff, good quality, no fancy showroom, run by a bunch of ethnic Indian Thais. Really good guys, good deals and good service from them in the past. But so far never saw anything as lightweight n industrial as what I'm looking for there. But as there are a few in a row there, maybe I'm recalling the wrong shop.

Thanks for the replies guys. I'm gonna check out Home Pro tmw, and maybe Globin Hout (Global House in Thai!) as well. See what I can dig up there at the last minute. As for the unnamed furniture store out off the Super sidestreet by Carrefour, I think I know the one you mean. All kinds of mixed stuff, good quality, no fancy showroom, run by a bunch of ethnic Indian Thais. Really good guys, good deals and good service from them in the past. But so far never saw anything as lightweight n industrial as what I'm looking for there. But as there are a few in a row there, maybe I'm recalling the wrong shop.

That is the right shop. Tables were upstairs, good ones but I am not sure about lightweight n industrial whatever that means.