Growing Trees In Isaan

A friend of mine is planning to grow trees on approximately 1 rai of land in the Sakhon Nakhon province in Isaan. The wood is supposed to be used for house construction etc, and he is looking for some species that is ready to harvest in not more than 10-15 years. Apparently he has access to water also in the dry season.

Is there any kind of tree that you can recommend in this case?

Any suggestion would be highly appreciated. :o

chemist

Anyone? A tree that can be used for making timber suitable for building a house for example, and that doesn't take too long time to grow. Teak? Mahogany? I have used the search function on this forum, but I haven't found any clear-cut answer.

Thanks. :o

chemist

I would recommend starting his garden now! If you plant trees to be harvested, the new home will have no shade or beautiful trees around it.

Since he has plenty of time, and water. Locate where he wishes to build his home and driveway, draw a landscape plan and follow it! When he finally builds his home (out of concrete block and steel trusses) He will have a much more beautiful property.

meandwi :o

Hi,

You can conceder the Mangium trees, (Kra thin Tepa) albeit not suitable as a

building Timber but as a fast growing tree, excellent for furniture and pulp and most of all is Eco friendly,

This website has a lot of info,

http://www.worldagroforestrycentre.org/SEA...nfo.asp?SpID=69

I would recommend starting his garden now! If you plant trees to be harvested, the new home will have no shade or beautiful trees around it.

Since he has plenty of time, and water. Locate where he wishes to build his home and driveway, draw a landscape plan and follow it! When he finally builds his home (out of concrete block and steel trusses) He will have a much more beautiful property.

meandwi :o