House Rental Pattaya

JohnCarp

Hi All

My sons looking at renting a house for his new wife (and some of her family) in Pattaya for 6months to a year.

He is away abroad a lot and is looking for somewhere which has three bedrooms and is secure.

What roughly should he expect to pay in rent and does any body know of any places he could look at?

He will be out in Thailand again at the end of June for a few weeks

Thanks

Hi All

My sons looking at renting a house for his new wife (and some of her family) in Pattaya for 6months to a year.

He is away abroad a lot and is looking for somewhere which has three bedrooms and is secure.

What roughly should he expect to pay in rent and does any body know of any places he could look at?

Thanks

how long is a bit of string?

we rent a very nice detached house on an estate ,full air con ,ubc,2 tel lines ,3 bed 3 bath 28k a month ,when we took it 3 years ago it was advertised at 40k dont pay the advertised price and for goodness sake check whats next door ,we found a lovely house ,were going to take it then 2 dogs ran into the garden and wouldnt stop barking ,its still for rent

It all depends on what part of Pattaya you are looking at. The closer in to the city and Jomtien the more you will pay. The farther from the city like the darkside the less you will pay, from 7000-13,000 a month on the darkside.

Barry

No, he said a nice house :D

20-25k should do it, if they want a private pool add 10k. Too many nice places to go through here, PM me if you need some help (no, I'm not a real estate agent, but I do charge 2 beers per hour :o )

Hi All

Thanks

I can recommend a very good agent with lots of houses to choose from. www.orestone.nu

Soi siam country club, estate Siam place, very safe, distance about 4 km. to sokumvit, have several houses for rent, but overpriced in my view, serious haggling would be the order of the day.

I hope your Son and family have good luck finding a good place there is for sure plenty about.

Hi All

Thanks

I can recommend a very good agent with lots of houses to choose from. www.orestone.nu

This link is useless, comes up with naff all

Forget about the real estate agents! Just drive around town for a couple of days and check the villages for empty houses. There are plenty of them! They all have a sign on the porch with a phone number. Let the Thai wife call and usually someone in the neighbourhood has a key for the house.

Don't forget to take pictures, otherwise you cannot remember the first houses you were looking at.