Are You Like Me And Never Get A Bill?

pab

[size="4"]Despite countless attempts to have Truevision send me a monthly bill this has never happened. All I get is after the second month of non payment, a scrolling message on my screen to pay my account or the service will be shut off.

All I want is my monthly bill to remind me to pay for my service. It seems pretty stupid that they cannot enclose the bill with my magazine that arrives every month without fail.

Is this too much to ask? Are there any others will the same experience as me?[/size]

As an indication of how efficient their billing system is, this week my girlfriend received a phone bill from True for a house she sold 7 years ago :o They claim it's for the period between her previous bill and the date she cancelled the service but they've only just got round to sending it to her!

Looks like you may have a while to wait yet......

I suppose you could just go and pay every month without waiting for the bill....

totster :o

You're right and its really no big deal. Just cannot understand why, despite many assurances, that they do not send the account with the magazine.

If I remember I do go and pay without waiting but their organisation seems to be unprofessional. However, the scrolling screen warning does get me into action.

I suppose you could just go and pay every month without waiting for the bill....

You're right and its really no big deal. Just cannot understand why, despite many assurances, that they do not send the account with the magazine.

If I remember I do go and pay without waiting but their organisation seems to be unprofessional. However, the scrolling screen warning does get me into action.

I understand how you feel, but if you let these things bother you then it just creates unnecessary stress for yourself at the end of the day.

totster :D

I understand how you feel, but if you let these things bother you then it just creates unnecessary stress for yourself at the end of the day.

totster :D

exactly. just do away with anything TRUE !

virtually living stress free without TRULY OUTRAGEOUS>

I have had exactly the same problems with True billing. The resolution for me has been to sign up for the website and look for the option that lets me look at the current bill. From that page I can get the invoice number needed to go online and pay the invoice with my Bangkok bank account. The bill number is available shortly after the 1st of each month. Using this method I don't have to get out of my chair to pay the bill, and don't have to wait and worry to see if I will get a bill this month or not.

I wish you good luck.

I have had exactly the same problems with True billing. The resolution for me has been to sign up for the website and look for the option that lets me look at the current bill. From that page I can get the invoice number needed to go online and pay the invoice with my Bangkok bank account. The bill number is available shortly after the 1st of each month. Using this method I don't have to get out of my chair to pay the bill, and don't have to wait and worry to see if I will get a bill this month or not.

I wish you good luck.

If you go to their website, log in and go to "Online Services", and then go to "Change Postal Address", you will see that they have 3 addresses - Install Address, Bill Address and Magazine Address. I kid you not!

Recently, I have been trying to get them to add my "moo" number to my address to help the postman, as I only recently noticed it wasn't there. I usually get the magazine during the first week of the month and the bill in the second week.

I just checked my address online. To my magazine address, they have correctly added my moo number ("หมู่ที่ 7"), but they have now deleted the street address. The soi is still there.

To my bill address, they have added "หมู่ที่ หม" which is "Moo ti hom" - totally meaningless. They have deleted my street address from here, too.

I have sent them another message with my full address. I think I'll have to go to their office to get it done properly.

What a useless bunch.

Edited by JetsetBkk

I always get a bill but sometimes have trouble with the magazine. when i contact them about the magazine they ask me to double check my mailing address. after telling them the bill always come through they send me a magazine within a few days

Its axiomatic in Thailand: Even if you do not receive regular bills/statements, you are still responsible for the charges (to be paid on time, too!).

I've had this happen with not only TRUE (twice), but electricity, water, and phone bills. In my more naive days, I actually had my electric service cut off while I was dutifully waiting for my very late bill.

So, just sign up for Google calendar, and have it send you an email (or pop up screen) a few days before your bill is normally due. If you don't have the bill yet, then you have to physically go to the office and pay the bill. (Unless, of course you elect to sign up for auto-pay from your bank account, which you can do for TRUE and TOT, and probably several other utilities in Bangkok.)

Like many things in Thailand, you have to rely on yourself. Not the system.

i've never had problems with my Truevision bills in bangkok for 1.5 years.

i did have problems when i moved to pattaya. i've been here for almost 5 months now and i have only been sent a bill once. i've been paying UBC via my bank's online system so I just enrolled the new account and pay a fixed rate monthly (based on the monthly rate i applied for). the one time i got the bill, i learned that i have a minimal balance because of some adjustments.

I wish you good luck.

Thanks ThaiAm. Great idea and a simple solution to my problem. As others have said, it is my responsibility and not the fault of their unbelievably bad system

So, just sign up for Google calendar, and have it send you an email (or pop up screen) a few days before your bill is normally due. If you don't have the bill yet, then you have to physically go to the office and pay the bill. (Unless, of course you elect to sign up for auto-pay from your bank account, which you can do for TRUE and TOT, and probably several other utilities in Bangkok.)

If you use FireFox as your browser there is a very add on, Reminderfox

that will pop up messages to remind you what needs doing.

One off or regular reminders are available.

As an indication of how efficient their billing system is, this week my girlfriend received a phone bill from True for a house she sold 7 years ago :o They claim it's for the period between her previous bill and the date she cancelled the service but they've only just got round to sending it to her!

Truevision has done the same with me for a SEVEN year old UBC bill. I'd had UBC for years, now suddenly after a move True claims theres an unpaid bill from 7 years ago. They asked me for the reciept to show i paid it :D:D:D

I'm getting along fine without it (Truevision) now.

Truevision has done the same with me for a SEVEN year old UBC bill. I'd had UBC for years, now suddenly after a move True claims theres an unpaid bill from 7 years ago. They asked me for the reciept to show i paid it :D:D:D

I'm getting along fine without it (Truevision) now.

This seems to be an odd thing about Thai utilities & monthly services which bill. My neighbor had his electric cut off about 6 months ago. Reason? A bill that was not fully paid about 6 months previous. From the time of that partially-paid bill, he received subsequent monthly bills, which did not show the past due balance, and which he fully paid for the current month.

Wham! Almost six months later, the man with the big cutting shears shows up and cuts the wires to the electric meter. No electricity, and took 3 days to resolve. Finally, the issue about a partially-paid 6-month old bill shows up. He paid it, and back on track.

Very, very strange, from an accounting as well as liability standpoint. :D

As said previously, you can't rely on the system.

Edited by toptuan

Are there any others will the same experience as me?[/font][/size][/size]

I have the opposite problem to you. I get a bill every month and I cannot stop it coming! It really pissed my gf off at first as it was in an earlier gfs name who did a runner. I can only stop the bills if the old gf (long since gone) stops them. I just throw them away without reading them and pay regularly by internet banking anyway. A stress free system imho.

Despite countless attempts to have Truevision send me a monthly bill this has never happened. All I get is after the second month of non payment, a scrolling message on my screen to pay my account or the service will be shut off.

All I want is my monthly bill to remind me to pay for my service. It seems pretty stupid that they cannot enclose the bill with my magazine that arrives every month without fail.

Is this too much to ask? Are there any others will the same experience as me?

I pay annually, but have not had a problem receiving bills.

You can check your account at their website. You might also check your address there. I seem to recall initially that the address they were using for my billing address and the address they were using for the magazine were not the same.

In any event, you can check your current account status and even make payments here: http://www.truevisionstv.com/eng/customercare.aspx

I pay annually, but have not had a problem receiving bills.

Me too - one bill per year arrives like clockwork :o

You omitted to mention that when you pay annually you get an extra month free - 13 months for the price of 12. Well worth the extra cash outlay and the absence of monthly hassle.

Its axiomatic in Thailand: Even if you do not receive regular bills/statements, you are still responsible for the charges (to be paid on time, too!).

I've had this happen with not only TRUE (twice), but electricity, water, and phone bills. In my more naive days, I actually had my electric service cut off while I was dutifully waiting for my very late bill.

We've now got all of our utilities setup for auto-pay through the bank.

We had a similar problem with our new service - no bill and the scrolling message on the TV screen. Getting the auto-pay setup for TRUE was a major hassle. We tried several True offices in both Phuket (our home) as well as Bangkok. Nobody knew how to do it. It seems the only way we were able to get it setup was to go to the customer service counter at the True headquarters building in Bangkok, and fill out the paperwork. Unlike the auto-pay setup for Electric, Water and CAT - there was no need to take a copy of the paperwork to the bank for validation. We also paid about two months in advance, in cash as they said it would take about 2 months for the auto-pay to take effect. Much to my surprise, everything seems to be working just fine. Every month we get a bill that shows the current month's charges, as well as the auto-payment from the previous month.

One less thing to worry about!

With True, I just give them a credit card number & they bill the card every month & instead of getting a bill for payment, they send a receipt, showing the payment has been made. So simple really and for payment by credit card, they also give a discount.....