I leave the Value-Prediction of the US $ to the 'IF' experts on Thaivisa...... :D

OK..back to reality... :D:o:D

32.275 May 16 - 13.11 London time

52 week high: 34.55000 52 week low: 31.20000

LaoPo

Edited by LaoPo

Dollar weakens after consumer sentiment slips

http://www.marketwatch.com/news/story/doll...9282C9922990%7D

LaoPo

Can't we at least start a rumor that the $ is getting stronger

You don't need to start a rumor Shotime, the fact is the dollar has indeed been strengthening vs. the Yen and Euro since March and rising vs. the pound since last November. Back in March the Yen was trading below the 100 mark vs. the dollar (I think it actually rose to the 97's) and now it is around 105, the Euro hit an all time high vs. the dollar at about the same time around the $1.60 mark and has been slipping ever since, and curently sits at $1.55, the pound was north of $2.08 vs. the dollar 6 months ago and now sits at $1.95. So you see if you just stick to the facts and ignore all the doomsday white noise on thaivisa you will get a better picture of what is actually occuring in the world. On a side note, the University of Michigan consumer sentiment survey has always been a lagging indicator showing where we have been, while the stock market has always been a forward looking indicator, and currently the U.S. stock markets are predicting a strengthening economy 6-9 months out just as secretary Paulson reiteratd in his speech yesterday.

McCain is more democratic than republican if the truth be known - this is what makes him so likable to Dems. (least thats what the pundits say)

Excellent observation britmaverick. I find it kind of ironic that the Dems are painting a John McCain presidency as a third term for Bush (a foolish and desperate tack on the part of the Dems that will backfire on them), because McCain has been a thorn in Bush's side ever since Bush was first elected. McCain is indeed more of an Independant than a Republican, and I have a hunch that he may even pick Joe Lieberman as his running mate. The right wing of the Republican party has no where to turn, McCain knows that they have to vote for him or risk the potential disaster that an Obama presidency would bring to the country. McCain knows that he will be getting a nice chunk of Hillary supporters (Independant and Republican women voters, Regan Democrats and Dixiecrats) and so I think he can stick his finger in the eye of the right wing of his party and still not worry about losing the election. The Democrat super delegates are between Iraq(sorry for the PUN) and a hard place, they know that Obama will be relying on the two voting blocks (18-25 year olds and blacks) that historically have the lowest turnout in a presidential elction, in order to get elected and yet if they throw Obama overboard then they risk alienating the black community (and its vocal leaders who will be given unlimited air time on the national networks as well as cable news) and the next generation of Democrats. I have nothing against Obama on a personal level, but it will be nice seeing george soros and his moveon.org crowd go down in flames :o

Dollar weakens after consumer sentiment slips

http://www.marketwatch.com/news/story/doll...9282C9922990%7D

LaoPo

Can't we at least start a rumor that the $ is getting stronger

You don't need to start a rumor Shotime, the fact is the dollar has indeed been strengthening vs. the Yen and Euro since March and rising vs. the pound since last November. Back in March the Yen was trading below the 100 mark vs. the dollar (I think it actually rose to the 97's) and now it is around 105, the Euro hit an all time high vs. the dollar at about the same time around the $1.60 mark and has been slipping ever since, and curently sits at $1.55, the pound was north of $2.08 vs. the dollar 6 months ago and now sits at $1.95. So you see if you just stick to the facts and ignore all the doomsday white noise on thaivisa you will get a better picture of what is actually occuring in the world. On a side note, the University of Michigan consumer sentiment survey has always been a lagging indicator showing where we have been, while the stock market has always been a forward looking indicator, and currently the U.S. stock markets are predicting a strengthening economy 6-9 months out just as secretary Paulson reiteratd in his speech yesterday.

Who do you like in the Cleveland/Boston game?