Red Stamp On "admitted Until" After Border Run?

Hello all.Sorry if this has been awnsered before,but on a recent border hop to Burma,i got a red stamp on my admitted until entry to thailand.Is this a warning of some sort.The thai imm lady also asked me when i would be leaving thailand (i think theyve seen to much of me).

Hello all.Sorry if this has been awnsered before,but on a recent border hop to Burma,i got a red stamp on my admitted until entry to thailand.Is this a warning of some sort.The thai imm lady also asked me when i would be leaving thailand (i think theyve seen to much of me).

I certainly hoped it is "too much of you" and not "too much of us" :o Ok, seriously, i have got red, blue and green stamps on my passport. I don't think they mean anything at all. Do they ........... ??????

Thanks for the help.Yes,i'm aware of the 90 day rule.With regards to the stamp,its just the stamp you get when you re-enter LOS after a (non visa) border run,& the red stamp (date) is on the admitted until line. the entered date is in black ink,& the admitted until date is in red.

Oh well i'll soon find out.I'm sure they would given me a proper,or advanced clear warning if i wasnt welcome any more. :o

Cheers.

:o

If you have done two trips already, and/or if your total time is coming up to the 90 day max in-country rule the red stamp is to warn the immigration when you arrive again to count the total number of in-country days the next time you come in. Of course, that also depends on the type of your visa.

I don’t think so. Throughout the years there have always been immigration officers who sometimes used red ink for the “until” date (see attachment).

post-21260-1210448611_thumb.jpg

--

Maestro

My guess is that some officers when in a certain mood use red ink for the “until” date as a favour to the tourist to highlight this important date so that the tourist will pay attention to it and not accidentally overstay.

--

Maestro

My guess is that some officers when in a certain mood use red ink for the "until" date as a favour to the tourist to highlight this important date so that the tourist will pay attention to it and not accidentally overstay.

--

Maestro

I think that me be the most logical awnser to my,possibly slightly paranoid question :o ,but i'll keep you updated on this riveting saga of the red stamp(if it has a negative outcome).

Nice collection of stamps there Maestro.

Hello again.Sorry another mundane question,so i thought i'd ask it on this thread.

My girlfreinds 2 month tourist visa (of a x2 from vientiane) expires on this monday the 19th,& shes looking for a 1 month extension.

Are the immigration offices closed on monday (& tuesday),& what are our options (pay for days overstay??????).

Cheers all.

In this context the expiration date of the visa is irrelevant; it is the expiration date of the permission to stay, ie the “until” date on the entry stamp, that matters. If it is the permission to stay that expires on Monday (holiday) I see two options for your friend:

1. Leave Thailand not later than Monday, then if desired return visa-exempt or with a new visa from a Thai consulate.

2. Go to the immigration office early on Wednesday (first working day after the holidays) and throw herself at the mercy of the immigration officer, who may collect the overstay fee and give her the extension, or refuse the extension and order her to leave Thailand on the same day.

If another member has been in the same situation he/she will hopefully post his/her experience but this can then not necessarily be taken as a precedent for what may happen to your friend.

--

Maestro

2. Go to the immigration office on early on Wednesday (first working day after the holidays) and throw herself at the mercy of the immigration officer, who may collect the overstay fee and give her the extension, or refuse the extension and order her to leave Thailand on the same day.

I had exactly the same experience sometime ago, I messed up and my permission to stay expired on a Sunday and after that there was a holiday so I was two or three days late, I should have gone on the Saturday but they didn't seem to care, I did try to apologise but the girl didn't seem interested and I just got the extension as normal.

I also personally know a couple of others who have been in the same situation and from what I can work out, If the office is closed on the date of expiry and you get their the next working day, they seem to be ok about it.

However as Maestro pointed out, that's only what happened to me (and 2 others), It can't be taken as a precedent for what may happen to your friend.

Edited by Maestro
Fixed quote tags - Maestro

Thank you for posting that, EmptyMind.

Uptou, there’s hope for your lady friend, after all. Make her go early, even an hour before opening time, to be one of the first to get to a desk when the officers have not yet got into a bad mood because of possible problems given them by other applicants or overwork, which there certainly will be after such a long weekend.

--

Maestro

I had the same red ink on my 90 days stamp last time I came back to Thailand. I have a non-immigrant O visa.

They don't want people to overstay, it gives them too much paperwork :D

At 500฿ per day for overstay I'm sure they don't mind a bit of paperwork! :o

At 500฿ per day for overstay I'm sure they don't mind a bit of paperwork! :o

They, who? The immigration officers collecting the fines get exactly the same monthly salary whether they collect zero Baht or 100,000 Baht in overstay fines per day. Therefore, it is to their advantage if fewer people come to pay fines, as they have enough other work to do.

--

Maestro