Thai Orange Sim Card

creamontop

hello,

I'm Belgian, been in Thailand last August and found me a "gem" :D . When I was there I bought me an Orange Sim card to phone local and also to Belgium from this very same card (as phoning was less expensive) then with my original sim card from Belgium.

Unfortunately I do not remember any pre dial code which I had to use to call internationally to Europe to make unexpensive calls.

I only can remember there are 2 different codes (numbers) one can use in front of the country code to call at special rates with Orange.

1 code was more expensive then the other one and this because there "would" be a better and more reliable connection over the network.

Now I'm looking for both pre dial codes again. Why you can ask yourself.

Well pretty easy.

Last week I received my phonebill from my cell phone company in Belgium which stated 350 Euro to throw up. My idea now is to send over my Thai orange sim card to my little princess in Thailand, And she can phone me instead of me phoning to her from "expensive waffle country" I'd rather send her phone money to buy phone credits in Thailand then me getting ripped off for the same communication possiblities in Belgium. finally it comes all to the same, we can talk to eachother, so why pay more when it can be cheap :o

anyone got the answers ?

Thanks in advance.

Not sure your phonecard will still work, they come with a time limit when you top them up

e.g. 300 Baht credit, 30 days timelimit. This means the phone line will be suspended either when your 300 Baht is finished or the 30 days are passed. If the credit is finished but the time not you can only receive calls, if the time is finished but the credit not you cannot receive calls nor dial out...

A suspended card will be completely cancelled after a certain amount of time as well, to free up the number.

Anyway she can pick up a simcard in any mobilephone shop and keep it topped up...

To answer your question, prefix 001 uses the regular(and expensive) phonenetwork, prefix 009 uses the cheaper internet connections.

These prefixes are regardless of mobilephone company, so if she has AIS(one2call) or Dtac already she can use the cheaper rates as well...

Even works with fixed phonelines as all international calls, regardless of what phone you use, go through one and the same company (CAT)...

Just thought l'd mention that Orange have been giving out free SIM cards when you buy credit. A couple of weeks back there was a table on the concourse outside Siam BTS where they were giving free SIM cards if you paid for 500 baht credit, so you might be able to get her to buy one of those if the offer is still on. Orange have been promoting heavily lately, even giving out free SIMs with True landline and internet accounts.

I was thinking the same as Monty about if your SIM card will still work anyway.

On all mobile operators,

009 then international country cde+number is ridiculously cheap to 30 countries at the moment - only 7 baht a minute

Can you give a list of what countries this applies to?

Or point me in the right direction?