Have Urgency And Cannot Leave Thailand

I came to see my pregnant girlfriend who was over 6 month preganant with my child. And about 10 days ago she ended up having a premature birth of only 1500 grams and my baby daughter still struggling in the baby ICU, and it seems quite uncertain, and my 30 day visa exempt will expire on 16th May, can I go to the government visa office in Bangkok to extend visa due to emergency of my baby. I don't know who to ask, and I heard about this forum. Thank you.

I came to see my pregnant girlfriend who was over 6 month preganant with my child. And about 10 days ago she ended up having a premature birth of only 1500 grams and my baby daughter still struggling in the baby ICU, and it seems quite uncertain, and my 30 day visa exempt will expire on 16th May, can I go to the government visa office in Bangkok to extend visa due to emergency of my baby. I don't know who to ask, and I heard about this forum. Thank you.

You may want to check with the hospital. Most major hospitals seem to have an immigration desk where they deal with getting extensions for patients.

Sorry to hear about your daughter, I hope everything works out.

I'm not sure they will extend in bangkok,but you could travel to laos and come back in again they will give you another 30 days.

I'm not sure they will extend in bangkok,but you could travel to laos and come back in again they will give you another 30 days.

Easier to book an Air Asia return ticket to Singapore. Get one returning on the same day you leave. Should be less than 5000 baht and you don't have to pay for a visa or accomodation.

First, contact your Embassy and seek support. Secondly, "Yes" a quick visa run will give you 30 days.

But, consolidate your situation with authorities, family, Embassy and friends,

Easier to book an Air Asia return ticket to Singapore. Get one returning on the same day you leave. Should be less than 5000 baht and you don't have to pay for a visa or accomodation.

Yes is the best solution go in morning and cameback with the next flight to Bangkok;Since you are not married I tink the embassy would not be able to help and tomorrow is the 15 if you overstay they charge you on the way out.

Congrats on your new baby! Odds are high everything will be ok.

You can get your stay extended for 90 days under clause 7.24 with a new visa.

http://www.lawyer.th.com/National_Police_O...er_Oct_2006.pdf

They should have a Immigration desk at the Hospital. Just be sure to get a certified letter from the Doctor and you will have less stress about your legal stay in Thailand.

www.sunbeltasiagroup.com

It is not a satellite office but an employee of the hospital who assists patients, in this case the father of a patient, in dealing with immigration matters.

--

Maestro

dude - congrats on the kid it will get big soon :-) -i hope all works out for you. dont mess around with immigration. imo just do a visa run, its 100%.

you dont want to hassle with bureaucrats with all this moment in your life. just go to lao.

i read on this board one time a guy in late stages on cancer and they would not give him a medical visa. i do not get the impression based on the litany of legit dads caring for their wives/kids you ar egoing to find much sympathy in immigration - and dont go by some clause in the thai 'law'. you need results!

OF COURSE.. if there is a desk at the hospital by all means (yeah right...)

good luck!

Edited by luumak

He can very likely get an extension of stay without leaving. If he wants to leave he can travel on daily border run to Cambodia for 2,000 baht all inclusive for a 30 day visa exempt entry (if he has not used more than 60 days in the last six months).

i want to thank all the replies by Thailand experts. I am a complete Thai newbie. And my girlfriend wrote the address of the visa office in Bangkok in some samll street and I showed to the taxi this morning. She gave me the birth certificate, all in Thai language, and gave me a hospital note saying our daughter's premature birth and in ICU, and told me to bring some fotos, and I went to the visa office this morning.

First to the info counter, they gave me a form to fill and told me make copies of my passport, the immigration landing card, then told me to come back, then after make copies and went back to info counter, then gave me a number, I write on the extension application wish to extend 15 days, but later when my term, the lady took my paper, and I showed her the birth certificate and the hospital note, then she said not 15 days, its 60 days, and told me to pay 1900 bahts, then in 15 min, call my number to collect passport, so the extension for kid's emergency is 60 days.

Just to report my finding today. I am off to hospital to see my little baby girl. Thank you.

congratulations on your new addition. i dont have anything to add re the visa situation, but i can tell you that my niece gave birth to her son at only 28 weeks. he weighed only 980g and he is now over 13lbs and is doing well. he is still in hospital, but he is alive, and it looks like all will be well for him in the future.

i want to thank all the replies by Thailand experts. I am a complete Thai newbie. And my girlfriend wrote the address of the visa office in Bangkok in some samll street and I showed to the taxi this morning. She gave me the birth certificate, all in Thai language, and gave me a hospital note saying our daughter's premature birth and in ICU, and told me to bring some fotos, and I went to the visa office this morning.

First to the info counter, they gave me a form to fill and told me make copies of my passport, the immigration landing card, then told me to come back, then after make copies and went back to info counter, then gave me a number, I write on the extension application wish to extend 15 days, but later when my term, the lady took my paper, and I showed her the birth certificate and the hospital note, then she said not 15 days, its 60 days, and told me to pay 1900 bahts, then in 15 min, call my number to collect passport, so the extension for kid's emergency is 60 days.

Just to report my finding today. I am off to hospital to see my little baby girl. Thank you.

Congrats. They did it under Section 7.23 as it was 60 days which is to visit your Thai child.

www.sunbeltasiagroup.com