I'm currently in chiang mai and i'm looking to open a bar. I know the hi's and lows of the bar business in thailand, but i'm unsure what to do in reguards to putting my name to a bar and what way is the best to obtain an visa to stay in thailand on the 12 month visa. I've heard about a limited company and limited partnerships but that looks like it can get tricky in places. I've got a long term thai girlfriend and i was told most people put bars in their girlfriend names but how does that affect the visa situation, and also where do i stand in reguards to the business, any help would be greatly approved

<br />I'm currently in chiang mai and i'm looking to open a bar. I know the hi's and lows of the bar business in thailand, but i'm unsure what to do in reguards to putting my name to a bar and what way is the best to obtain an visa to stay in thailand on the 12 month visa. I've heard about a limited company and limited partnerships but that looks like it can get tricky in places. I've got a long term thai girlfriend and i was told most people put bars in their girlfriend names but how does that affect the visa situation, and also where do i stand in reguards to the business, any help would be greatly approved<br />
<br /><br /><br />

if you're not married with her you'll be on tourist visa wich means no legal way to do a bisuness exept giving your girlfriend the power to manage everything for you and do nothing into your bar not even serving a drink.

considering the danger of such a thing if i was you i would register a company and get a work permit, this way you can the bisuness on your name, get non-B visa and have your bisuness for you, at least on the paper on 49% with your thai partners but as those just give their names there's nothing to worry.

don't bring any friends or girlfriend into this as they might be a potential threat afterwards, a lawyer will give you better advice than me as you'll need the service of one of them to register the company and process the work permit if you don't have 4 thai employees before opening the bisuness...