Sydney To Bangkok

kaye

Deals come through rarely now. The major airlines sell tickets to the agents in blocks. The first block for the early bookings are always the cheapest but the number of available seats per block is limited.

(for example: At the end of March, I booked a Thai Airways flight departing Sydney in August. (5 months ahead.)I got the cheapest price available, but there was only one seat in that block. The second ticket for the wife cost an extra AUS $100.)

There is a huge price difference between the first offered block of seats and the last block sold.

If the airlines have a multitude of unsold seats as the departure date approaches, they may offer them at a special price. The problem is, if you wait hoping for a cheap seat, you may miss out on the trip altogether.

Don't forget, the Olympic Games is on this year in August and seats on all the major airlines traveling to the Far East will sell quickly.

Those that travel regularly to Bangkok...Do flight

deals usually come up for July travel ?

I see there are great deals for May...will the same be for

July ?

Why would there be any deals at all? Have there been any deals or was it a package that looks atractive as the deal really comes from squeezing BKK hotels and tour operators?

Advertised price on some student travel agency suddenly almost doubled from 860A$ to 1560$ when I started talking to them (it was 5 years ago when barrel of oil was 30$).

The lowest I have ever had was 920A$ fir return SYD-SIN-BKK, on April 4. 2003.

SARS days and temperature measring at airports, medical crews in masks everywhere....and Saddam was still giving resistance.

There were 17 crew and 10 passengers and 390 empty seats on the SYD-SIN route. And they did not make price any lower.

What a sad sight. Look at the plane, in midflight:

sars1.JPG

sars2.JPG

Umm to the thread starter, I suggest you book your July flight this week. i just came back from student flight centre and the cheapest one they could find was around $1500 per person (thai int.), tax included etc. because the flights are pretty booked out already, I'm going to look around this week at other local agencies, my friends told me to go to the city at chinese travel agencies because they offer cheaper deals lol.

I find it more expensive to book in advance.

My method of getting flight out of Sydney is a little risky but it has not failed me yet.

3 times on the day flight paid for with cash. And a handful of times on the Flowing day flights out.

I would bounce between flight centre and harvyworld travel. With looking at flight with either Qantas Thai Air or Emirates. With cheaper ones on the list with there website.

And compare the prices.

Then I will mention that harvyworld gave me a better rate. Then flight centre price would come down.

Then When I have the cheapest deal I will go there and pay for it with suitcase ready.

Try to outsmart them and turn it in to a reverse auction when there are available seats heading out in a short time.

But if you are with family and such and u need a set date. Better play it safe. ^^

Cathay has promotions for BKK - Australia major cities at THB15,500. (Return) Total came to THB 23850 (approx. AUD $780?)

Depart: 01Apr08-31Jul08

Min/Max Stay: 0day(s)/60day(s)

Details at https://www.cathaypacific.com/cpa/en_TH/off...mail=SALES&

I booked at ticket to Perth for Friday coming back in a week. Price was cheaper than Tiger Air.

Is this special offer available to those going from Sydney to Bangkok return? Is tax, insurance etc included though?

Cathay has promotions for BKK - Australia major cities at THB15,500. (Return) Total came to THB 23850 (approx. AUD $780?)

I booked at ticket to Perth for Friday coming back in a week. Price was cheaper than Tiger Air.

Is this special offer available to those going from Sydney to Bangkok return? Is tax, insurance etc included though?

Why don't you click on that link and see yourself? It says below:

"The above fares do not include taxes and security charges. "

Edited by think_too_mut

It seems it's for Bangkok-Australia return only.  I read your post topic and then totally forgot about it while writing my first reply... appologies.  Price THB23850 I got is BKK-Perth Net.

Fares for Syd-Bkk are at https://www.cathaypacific.com/cpa/en_AU/offerspromotions/offerdetails?refID=125a57d921afb010VgnVCM10000010d21c39____&priority=&counter=1&ENTRYPOINTURL=&SPOFFER_NOMINEE=&from1=SYD&to1=BKK

but are expensive.  Rooo's $1006 on SIA seem cheaper.

Why don't you click on that link and see yourself? It says below:

"The above fares do not include taxes and security charges. "

I did clicked on it, somehow my browser blocked it. :o

The best prices I have been able to obtain was from Travel Central not only do they have special rates with Thai International but British Airways.

PHONE NUMBERS: SYDNEY 02 9007 9868 / MELBOURNE 03 9011 1648 / ADELAIDE 08 7421 5948 / BRISBANE 07 3114 9448 / CANBERRA 02 6101 9998 & PERTH 08 6364 4948

EMAIL: [email protected]

Ask for Khun Nuch she is really great and has taken care of all of my travel for the past 12 years. Her English is perfect !

post-36938-1211354008_thumb.jpg

The best prices I have been able to obtain was from Travel Central not only do they have special rates with Thai International but British Airways.

PHONE NUMBERS: SYDNEY 02 9007 9868 / MELBOURNE 03 9011 1648 / ADELAIDE 08 7421 5948 / BRISBANE 07 3114 9448 / CANBERRA 02 6101 9998 & PERTH 08 6364 4948

EMAIL: [email protected]

Ask for Khun Nuch she is really great and has taken care of all of my travel for the past 12 years. Her English is perfect !

How best could you say? Went to a Vietnamese travel agency today and the woman offered $1125 return tax/insurance included with Thai Int. could she beat that? :o

Whatever the best price is that you can obtain either on-line or from an agent, Flight Centre guarantee to beat it.

For a trip to LOS they will beat it by AUS $40. ($20 each leg.)

I searched high and low and found the best fare on-line. I took the print out of this fare to Flight Centre, they beat it, I booked with them.

I know, I know, I know...$40 ain't that much, but it will buy you a cup of coffee at Sydney Airport. You may have to pay extra for the sugar. :o

Thanks for all your replies...

I think I'm gonna wait until early June...

but will scan the various airlinesagents online for

any deals everyday...plus I am subscribed via email

to numerous websites...

I read a good time is around 4 weeks before departure

and usually on a tuesday or wednesday to fly out are the

cheapest as well as to buy...can't say that's 100% accurate but

considering flights out for may june tuesday wednesday was from

$999 with taxes and now is $1065 this thursday...

By the way tigerairways is cheap if you live in PERTH...I could have

booked a ticket return all taxes for $593 aq couple of days ago (flight was $87 one way and tax was like $200something oneway)

or something but the domestic fees from sydney to perth were ridiculous plus times were too close...

I had a quick look over...

I suggest that you check with your preferred airline first. From memory, early June is either high or shoulder season for airfares. Low season commences mid July and extends through to mid September.

Prices vary quite considerably for the different seasons.

Also, most of the airline companies are about to raise their fees in accordance with rising fuel costs.

I suggest that you check with your preferred airline first. From memory, early June is either high or shoulder season for airfares. Low season commences mid July and extends through to mid September.

Prices vary quite considerably for the different seasons.

Also, most of the airline companies are about to raise their fees in accordance with rising fuel costs.

Is that for booking ? or traveling ? or both ?

I'm not traveling until early july or mid at the latest...

• 3 weeks later...

Ended up getting my ticket

from Sydney to Bangkok return (via taipei)

for $1089aud (all taxes...flying china airlines...the cheapest airline I have found)

departing 7th July...all other sites

were quoting $1400 or more...very happy with price :D

Also...don't be fooled to pay travel insurance from the

travel agency...they will charge you DOUBLE...they quoted

me $154 and I said no (I was informed beforehand

did my research)...I am buying it off the net for $79 :o (2 week cover)

The mob they were quoting for insurance has it for $82 on their site

and the travel agent they wanna charge me $154

for same insurer...read:commision !!

Same as another travel agent they first quote me $1036 return flight to Bangkok

then come back saying they *read* rules wrong...add another $130...I said

no I can find cheaper and I did...

Pays to shop around...research...save $$$

oh yeh just wanted to add...the place I got my flights from they had it

for $1180...the minute it went down $100 I jumped at it...been checking all the sites everyday

Edited by kaye

If you are flying early July, when do you want to return to Oz?

Most of the airlines returning to Oz in August from Bangkok are now full...thanks to the Olympic Games.

I can also tell you that all the cheap seats for direct flights to and from Bangkok for July/August, have now been sold.

If you are flying early July, when do you want to return to Oz?

Most of the airlines returning to Oz in August from Bangkok are now full...thanks to the Olympic Games.

I can also tell you that all the cheap seats for direct flights to and from Bangkok for July/August, have now been sold.

Hi...I have already bought and paid for my return flight from Sydney to Bangkok...

I'm departing and returning in July...not a direct flight but I wanted to land in a different

country even if I'm in the airport waiting area (only a few hours wait so not bothered)...first time overseas...:o

...first time overseas...:D

Aaahh! We all had that feeling on our first international trip. Bragging rights that you landed in Singapore or China or wherever...... :D

I can assure you that after you walk around yet another airport waiting for your connecting flight home, you will only ever want to fly direct in future.

I hope you have an enjoyable holiday. :o

kaye the main reason that you cannot get cheap flights for most of July is because it is Australian school holidays, and all the airlines have been selling holiday packages (flights/hotels) for ages for those dates.

Did you not think of booking ahead with Jetstar, they are about the cheapest from Sydney.

I've been researching for months...

and jetstar I did look at...they were still

more expensive then the ticket I just bought

plus you have to pay extra for a meal...it's

not included in the price...

Those that travel regularly to Bangkok...Do flight

deals usually come up for July travel ?

I see there are great deals for May...will the same be for

July ?

have you looked at BA.com