Martial Arts Shops

ozsamurai

Strangely I've never seen one in Thailand but there has to be one. I've seen some stuff but not much in those shops that sell military gear in the shopping malls. I would guess somewhere down in Chinatown there might be a place with more traditional stuff. Try asking one of the schools which teach martial arts classes to kids. You can find them at Siam Square and in some bigger shopping malls. I don't have any names.

China probably would be a better place for it. There are some websites here in Asia which can give you info about suppliers if you are looking for stuff to sell.

Try a google search for "Boon Sports". It's a small shop in the vicinity of Sukumvit Soi 85 by the BTS line. The owner is an Australian guy named Scott, and he sells tons of stuff. He also makes custom sandbags; had him make me a couple and they're top notch.

Thanks for that. The googling didn't go to well though for Boon, nothing showed up but a dead .com.au site... Oh well back to the drawing board. I did pass by a place that looks promising outside Lumpini Park Stadium, I hope its just not all Muay Thai stuff.

Dakhar: There are no real ninjas! Hollywood made them up! Flame on

• 1 month later...

Follow Up:

Although I didn't find any online shops, I did track down a place where you can buy Karate Gi, black and white light weight synthetic or heavier cotton. 650BHT for both types.

Its in Rama 1 near the National Stadium (well a walk from there)

78 Rama 1 Rd. Rongmuang, Patumwan 02-2143250

Thai speakers only though...

Oz

• 3 months later...
Looking for a supplier of Martial Arts gear, not Muay Thai. Anyone know of a good place??

Thanks in advance

Try FBT, 7th Floor.

FBT is a local sports equipment manufacturer who also have their own store near the Ramkampaeng University.

I usually buy the dogis for our Aikido students their.

• 10 months later...

What about tatami mats? Is there a cheap place to buy decent tatami? FBT Lists their judo tatami at about three times the price of Zebra mats in the US. By the way where do you study Aikido? We have a small club in Phuket just starting up.

Try FBT, 7th Floor.

FBT is a local sports equipment manufacturer who also have their own store near the Ramkampaeng University.

I usually buy the dogis for our Aikido students their.

Hey Oz,

What exactly are you looking for??? Strike pads, Heavy Bags, Body pads....over the years I have pretty much found everything here. I have not found a decent gi , I brought all mine from the States......I do know where you can buy real well made swords however.

• 4 months later...
<br />Hey Oz,<br /><br />What exactly are you looking for??? Strike pads, Heavy Bags, Body pads....over the years I have pretty much found everything here. I have not found a decent gi , I brought all mine from the States......I do know where you can buy real well made swords however.<br />
<br /><br /><br />

<br />Thanks for that. The googling didn't go to well though for Boon, nothing showed up but a dead .com.au site... Oh well back to the drawing board. I did pass by a place that looks promising outside Lumpini Park Stadium, I hope its just not all Muay Thai stuff.<br /><br />Dakhar: There are no real ninjas! Hollywood made them up! Flame on<br />
<br /><br /><br />

Wrong- sort of.

Sensei Hatsumi and Sensie Tanemura are the direct lineage to ninpo( often called ninjutsu) both trained Under Sensei Takamatsu.

Soon there will be regular seminar in ninpo taijutsu( the martial art used by the ninja- a quite effective form of jujutsu) here in thailand.

its rather classical, has little to do with people perception of ninjutsu, but is quite interesting and gives a great insight into tis great culture.

Hollywood made nothing up.

They is an excellent but very expensive craftsman in japan who specializes in authentic ninpo equipment.

His workmanship is outstanding

Most is outdated.Some is not, like rings that have little hooks that can tear the skin off someones arm simply on a handshake are excellent tools for women.The hook is barely visible and can do horrific damage covertly.

in thailand I have never seen a good martail art shop.