Anyone Visit The Tattoo Festival?

Loosescrew

I tried walking over there tonight (saturday) to see what was going on, thought there might

be some sleazy girls showing off their tattooed fleshage but I didn't really notice anything?

there are so many hawkers on the sidewalk there, they almost form a human barrier? :o

Going back a second time, I did find it. On the East side of the walk. I tried to access it

from the beach side and they had it cordoned off and a couple thai security guys

standing in a lane almost as if they were charging admission? not very convenient?

The hubby went last night and really wasn't too impressed - but he's going to me and our daughter there today. I'll be looking for designs for my back, while daughter wants a tattoo herself - although she will only be limited to the fake rub-on type or henna for now :o

Todays Festival schedule

Sunday 18 May ‘08

15.00 - 17.00 - Exhibition Zone/ International Booth/ Painting Tattoo Zone/ Food & Beverage Zone

16.30 - VOICE OVER OPENING MC.

16.50 - การประกวดรอยสัก “ Tattoo Contest …Best of the day “

17.30 - การประกวดรอยสัก “ Tattoo Contest …Best of Creation “

18.10 - การประกวดรอยสัก “ Tattoo Contest …Best of Body Suit “

18.35 - พิธีกรนำเข้า การแสดง Concert “ จากคุณเบลล์ ”

19.50 - การประกวดรอยสัก “ Tattoo Contest …Best Lady Tattoo “

20.30 - การประกวดรอยสัก “ Tattoo Contest …Mister Tattoo “

21.10 - การประกวดรอยสัก “ Tattoo Contest …Best Japanese Style “

21.50 - การประกวดรอยสัก “ Tattoo Contest …Best Tribal “

22.30 - การประกวดรอยสัก “ Tattoo Contest …The regent Tattoo Artist of the Year “

24.00 - Door Close

They've got advertising posters all over town but none of them mention a 150B admission fee?

I can see if you wanted to compete in one of the events or have some work done on yourself,

but for a new shopping center desperately trying to attract walk-through visitors? not clever. :o

I went today and enjoyed myself.

Plenty of handmade tattoos being done and an open area where a Japanese tattooist was sort of on display doing handwork and a also a Thai Ajarn who was making authentic Thai Sak Yan tattoo's and not charging and arm and leg for them (no pun intended).

Jimmy Wong who sponsored the event is not well liked from my understanding thus the small turnout of artists and spectators.