Aussie Accused Of Pushing Thai Wife Out Of Window In Singapore

george

Australian accused of pushing Thai wife out of window in Singapore

SINGAPORE: -- An Australian man was charged in a Singapore court with attempted murder in pushing his Thai wife out of a fourth-floor window, news reports said on Wednesday.

Jason John Porteous, 35, was accused of shoving Pimchanok out of the bedroom window of their condominium, The Straits Times said.

Porteous, a Singapore resident doing administrative work, was sent for psychiatric assessment. He is scheduled to appear in court again on June 3.

If convicted, Porteous faces life imprisonment, caning and a fine.

His wife, in her early 30s, has been in an intensive care unit since the incident on Sunday.

Neighbours told the newspaper they saw her lying on the ground

Beside a drain, bleeding and unable to speak.

The woman, her husband and sister had moved to the city-state two to three months ago.

-- DPA 2008-05-21

<deleted> me, that was too close to home. A woman I know, close personal friend, who is going through a separation/divorce to an Aussie told me Sunday she was going to Singapore this week to try and sort something out. I'll stop shaking in a few minutes.

Anyway, here's wishing the woman makes a full recovery and the guy gets the punishment due according to Singapore law.

SINGAPORE: -- An Australian man was charged in a Singapore court with attempted murder in pushing his Thai wife out of a fourth-floor window, news reports said on Wednesday.

If it weren't in Singapore, but in Thailand, and if it wasn't the wife, but the farang husband who was pushed, how would the police/courts call it then - attempted suicide? :o:D:D

• 1 month later...

If it weren't in Singapore, but in Thailand, and if it wasn't the wife, but the farang husband who was pushed, how would the police/courts call it then - attempted suicide? :o:D:D

We all know that if the shoe were on the other foot then the outcome may be different,we also know that the internet is a completely open forum.This means that ANYBODY can access it,that includes friends of people who have been flung from a fourth floor window,and know what happened.I know Pim and Jason,I also know the cousin (who I shall not name) and the reason behind the incident and Pims state of health so I would really appreciate it if people weren't to quick to jump to conclusions.

Thank you

<deleted> me, that was too close to home. A woman I know, close personal friend, who is going through a separation/divorce to an Aussie told me Sunday she was going to Singapore this week to try and sort something out. I'll stop shaking in a few minutes.

Anyway, here's wishing the woman makes a full recovery and the guy gets the punishment due according to Singapore law.

So is it the woman you know or what?

If it weren't in Singapore, but in Thailand, and if it wasn't the wife, but the farang husband who was pushed, how would the police/courts call it then - attempted suicide? :D:D:D

i was just thinking the same :o

[quote

If it weren't in Singapore, but in Thailand, and if it wasn't the wife, but the farang husband who was pushed, how would the police/courts call it then - attempted suicide? :D:D:D

i was just thinking the same :o

Why do you guys just keep going in the same ever diminishing circles, turning even the most unrelated events into another 'Thai hate farang' jibe. One of these days your ever diminishing circles will lead you up your own arse (we hope).

Edited by NanLaew

[quote

We all know that if the shoe were on the other foot then the outcome may be different,we also know that the internet is a completely open forum.This means that ANYBODY can access it,that includes friends of people who have been flung from a fourth floor window,and know what happened.I know Pim and Jason,I also know the cousin (who I shall not name) and the reason behind the incident and Pims state of health so I would really appreciate it if people weren't to quick to jump to conclusions.

Thank you

So, As you seem to know all about this incident, perhaps you would care to elucidate the rest of us.

That way we would not need to jump to conclusions.

regards

Freddie

• 4 weeks later...

Look I am not going to divulge any more into what happened,shouldn't really have posted anything but I was a bit miffed,I do however know that he is currently serving a term but it has come to light that all will be forgiven,each to their own I suppose.

This is only my second post on here and I don't want to tread on the toes of the veterans I would love to get some advice on visa issues and the much loved TEFL courses,after looking into some of the posts on here I'm sure a lot of you are sick of people asking about them,but unfortunately I am going to but to keep it simple any recommendations of any courses,thanks

• 1 month later...
This is only my second post on here and I don't want to tread on the toes of the veterans I would love to get some advice on visa issues and the much loved TEFL courses,after looking into some of the posts on here I'm sure a lot of you are sick of people asking about them,but unfortunately I am going to but to keep it simple any recommendations of any courses,thanks

Check out the 'Teaching in Thailand' forum and the Thai Visa forum.

You'll get little response on this particular forum.