Best Steakhouse In Chiang Mai?

Ulysses G.

Thank you, but I adhere to their conclusion:

"Instead of trying to defend the 'rule' or 'guideline', "'i' before 'e' except after 'c'", why don't we all just agree that it is dumb and useless, and be content just to laugh at it?"

My apologies, I know that I have posted this before. It was however quite some time ago, so some may have missed or forgotten it:

Phased introduction of a pan-European standard for end-user communication

Having chosen English as the preferred language in the European Union, the European Parliament has commissioned a feasibility study into ways of improving efficiency in communications between government agencies.

European officials have often pointed out that English spelling is unnecessarily difficult; for example: cough, plough, rough, through and thorough. What is clearly needed is a phased program of changes to iron out these anomalies. The program would, of course, be administered by a committee staffed at top level by participating nations.

In the first year, for example, the committee would suggest using “s” instead of the soft “c”. Sertainly, sivil servants in all sities would resieve this news with joy. Then the hard “c” could be replased by “k” sinse both letters are pronounced alike. Not only would this klear up konfusion in the minds of klerikal workers, but typewriters and komputer keyboards kould be made with one letter fewer.

There would be growing enthusiasm when in the second year, it was announced that the troublesome “ph” would henceforth be written “f”. This would make words like “fotograf” 20% shorter in print.

In the third year public akseptance of the new spelling kould be expected to reatsh the stage where more komplikated tshanges are possible. Governments would encourage the removal of double leters, whitsh have always been a deterent to akurate speling.

We would al agre that the horible mes of silent “e”s in the languag is disgrasful. Therfor we kould drop thez and kontinu to read and writ az though nothing had hapend. By this tim it would be four yearz sins the skem began, and peopl would be reseptiv to steps sutsh as replasing “th” with “z”. Perhaps zen ze function of “w” kould be taken on by “v”, vitsh iz, after al, half a “w”. Shortly after zis, ze unesesary “o” kuld be droped from vords containing “ou”. Similar arguments vud of kors be aplid to ozer kombinations of letters.

Kontinuing zis proses yer after yer, ve vud eventuale have a rele sensibl riten styl. After 20 yerz zer vud be no mor trublsm difikultiz and evrivun vud find it eze to understand etsh ozer. Ze dremz of Mr. Orvel vud finale hav kum tru.

/ Priceless

I enjoid zat so veri much, Prisles, zat I hop ul din at ze Neburz urself end sher ur thots wiz us tu.

Glad that I could somewhat brighten up your otherwise dreary life :o How about that free coffee at Libernard's that you promised :D

/ Priceless

Glad that I could somewhat brighten up your otherwise dreary life :o

Happily, you could do no such thing, being nothing more -- or less -- than one more point of light in the dazzling brilliance of my day! :D

How about that free coffee at Libernard's that you promised :D

How about it? Next week some time, like Wednesday or later? (I'm going to Bangkok today, returning Tuesday.) That should give you time to dine at The Neighbors and be in a position to offer your report over coffee, yes?

Two of us went to Neighbors last night. Both had the ribeye, which I always consider great taste for the money. Not disapointed at all. I didn't need the sauces offered as the meat had plenty of flavor. The "War Department" polished off half of hers before hitting the wall so now I can enjoy steak and eggs for breakfast. My only criticism is both steaks were overdone based on our requests. Medium had very little pink inside and my medium-rare looked more like a medium. Maybe the "Chicago" in me is coming out. Both were still very juicy and tender. We'll be back for sure.