Health Nuts Are Dangerous

moldy

In a sense we're born to die, the compensation is some form of life ever after through soul connection, and a great deal of earthy pleasure if you can still get it up, or down - depending if you are talking about the ladies or the beer, or ghastly cats piXX that they serve out here (and in OZ too of course).

In advising a sensible strategy for health I'm not sure that health professionals are right. Over the coming years I'd rather have a full and exciting life, with plenty of naughtiness too. I'll be on the treadmill 3 times a week as well.

That's the other thing with health nuts, sometimes I think it's anything to avoid a bit of exercise or hard work!! It doesn't matter how much yoghurt you eat, if you don't get the heart pumping you've had it.

Guess we all go through the mill, perhaps the secret is to enjoy life to the full and make the sensible decisions on the very big things only.

Anything else and we are not sitting well with life and fate.

Which I suppose is what most Thais would recommend, assuming one of them was able to articulate it- big assumption that! :o

I watched a TV special sometime back. They were interviewing exercise fanatics. One had knee surgery three times but refused to give up running. Another had a problem with dislocating his shoulders while lifting weights. Many others had problems related to strenuous activities. Why would anyone think that is healthy?

Watch your weight and eat a healthy diet. Take a nice long relaxed walk a couple times a week. Swimming is likely one of the very best things you can do to keep fit. Abusing your body is STUPID!

I'm not sure what you are on about. Health "nuts" believe in regular exercise as much as you do. How can you say that they avoid hard work. They also think that we should eat a balanced diet. What is wrong with that? :o

In answer to 2 recent posters:

Who said anything about being an exercise fanatic ? 3 times on a treadmill hardly excessive? well not to anyone who actually bothers to go.

Balanced diet? yes with red meat and a bit of fat is it? Because a lot of people on this board seem to think a quart of yoghurt taken with 50 pills of various hue, constitutes balance. :D

That's the other thing with health nuts, sometimes I think it's anything to avoid a bit of exercise or hard work!! It doesn't matter how much yoghurt you eat, if you don't get the heart pumping you've had it.

How unkind. A name like 'moldy' hardly conjures up a picture of glowing health and vitality. :o

Why would you come down so hard on health 'nuts'? Hypochondriacs or those who have long standing niggling health issues usually have some basis for their obsession. They deserve understanding and compassion not condemnation.

Why don't you condemn the growing number of people who are obese? Those whose junk food diets make them listless? Those who have disappointments and heartaches and have lost their zest for life? Those who are too overworked to find time for the gym? Those who are too sick or in too much pain to get on your treadmill? Eating a yoghurt (fresh natural) or two is at least a step in the right direction.

When you have lost your health it becomes the most important thing in your life to get it back. When you lose your job, finding employment is the most important thing in your life. When you are hungry, it's food. Thirsty, it's water. And so on. Once health issues are resolved people will naturally turn their attention elsewhere.

I know one lady who found the only way she could keep her barfly husband at home was to fake illness. Eventually she came down with Rheumatoid Arthritis and really was sick. Who is anyone to judge her?

Or do you mean vegetarians or vegans who look like a good meal will kill them? I believe they enjoy better health than meat eaters.

As to earthly pleasures, affluent societies pay a price for their indulgences. In heart disease, diabetes and cancers.

How unkind. A name like 'moldy' hardly conjures up a picture of glowing health and vitality. :o

Why would you come down so hard on health 'nuts'? Hypochondriacs or those who have long standing niggling health issues usually have some basis for their obsession. They deserve understanding and compassion not condemnation.

Why don't you condemn the growing number of people who are obese? Those whose junk food diets make them listless? Those who have disappointments and heartaches and have lost their zest for life? Those who are too overworked to find time for the gym? Those who are too sick or in too much pain to get on your treadmill? Eating a yoghurt (fresh natural) or two is at least a step in the right direction.

When you have lost your health it becomes the most important thing in your life to get it back. When you lose your job, finding employment is the most important thing in your life. When you are hungry, it's food. Thirsty, it's water. And so on. Once health issues are resolved people will naturally turn their attention elsewhere.

I know one lady who found the only way she could keep her barfly husband at home was to fake illness. Eventually she came down with Rheumatoid Arthritis and really was sick. Who is anyone to judge her?

Or do you mean vegetarians or vegans who look like a good meal will kill them? I believe they enjoy better health than meat eaters.

As to earthly pleasures, affluent societies pay a price for their indulgences. In heart disease, diabetes and cancers.

I guess I'm coming down hard on health officials, some of the moderators on this board, and nutty vegans. It doesn't do to have an agenda against reality, some of those being our need to lead an earthly, soulful life, and eat meat for heavens sake! Time and time again I have made sensible suggestions only tyo have a long posting by a moderator point out the dangers- about as subtle as an axe murder really.

I live a life that includes pain as my postings reveal, and I go through the same pain as others.

Advice and stances which seems sensible, that we can all agree with, that are repeated almost as mantras, can often lack basic sensitivity to human needs. This causes fear of life, excessive guilt or shame, and can reveal itself as surprisingly militant and even fascistic.

Now on to your attack (had I have made it no doubt I would have received another warning). People like you you do like to sensationalise and look for angles where there are none don't you? So high and mighty yet you flame and cast me with all sorts of prejudices that are a product of your own imagination. Maybe you need to get a good bacon bacon sandwich inside or similar. Shall I send a gun over so you can shoot yourself in the other foot too?