Minimum Monthly Salary For Foreigner

hi

is there a minimum monthly salary that a company has to pay a foreigner when they get them a work permit or can they pay what they like?

depends on which country you are from. but I think it is 55k-60k a month for british nationalities. some pay less and some pay more. depends o the job as well I should think.

I can't imagine that that is true, but I'm sure someone with the knowledge will step up to the plate with it soon! What would be the point of guaranteeing salaries at a higher level for foreigners than for Thais?

If you are a Brit. (don't know about other countries) they assume you cannot live on less than 50,000 baht per month, whether you recieve that or not, that is what you will be taxed on. If you recieve more, then obviously the tax is more.

Are teachers treated differently? I know lots of teachers making substantially less than that. And lots of commissioned realtors and other bogus salesman make less than that. Don't know if they even bother to get work permits though.

It doesn't matter how much you get to get a work permit, even if you don't get a salary (working for a NGO) you can get one. However it does matter if you want a 1 year extension to your visa. If your salary is too low (teachers...) you'll get a multiple entry visa instead and will have to do visa run every 3 months.

The minimum salary rates depending on nationality are for the extension of stay (at immigration), not for the work permit. These rates do not apply to teachers.

I believe the company’s papers for the work permit application has to indicate the salary the company plans to pay but the labour office has no fixed scale based on nationality. Instead, they probably look at the indicated salary in relation to the job position and the official dealing with the application uses his discretion.

--

Maestro

For most national of European countries they will need to pay tax based on a monthly salary of 50,000 Baht. For some countries Turkey and some African countries spring to mind you only need to get a lower salary. There was a website from Thai immigration/labor office that had more details, no idea if it is up to data information.

hi

is there a minimum monthly salary that a company has to pay a foreigner when they get them a work permit or can they pay what they like?

the minumum salary requirements are based on foreigner nationality.

the minimum salary requirements are not for the issuance of a work permit, they are for the extension of your immigration permit of stay on the basis of having a work permit.

there's no minimum salary based on your nationnality, this is only valid if you wanna apply for an extension of stay and then you need 4 thai employees with salary and social security paid proof.

according to sunbelt some of their internals have a salary of 18k, this is allowed for small jobs.

i heard from my accountant that(for samui at least) they want the foreigner to pay 18k bath of tax a year resulting in a salary of 30k every month, i'm belgian, i got my work permit from the company i own and the salary written inside is 30k.

hope that helps.

according to sunbelt some of their internals have a salary of 18k, this is allowed for small jobs.

For the record, our interns on scholarship get paid a stipend of 6,000 Baht per month.

As for the work permit salary, it’s up to the discretion of the Labor Dept. If you are an Executive type they like to see 30K per month. If you are in a non- executive position it can be 10,000 Baht or lower. We have gotten a number of work permits done with no salary required for volunteers or interns.

www.sunbeltasiagroup.com

It doesn't matter how much you get to get a work permit, even if you don't get a salary (working for a NGO) you can get one. However it does matter if you want a 1 year extension to your visa. If your salary is too low (teachers...) you'll get a multiple entry visa instead and will have to do visa run every 3 months.

How is it possible for teachers to work without a work permit? I mean, I ain't stupid, I know a lot do, but the authorities giving a non immy to teachers to.......work?!

The authorities, in your example a Thai consulate, gives a non-immigrant visa to travel to Thailand, not to teach or to do any other kind of work.

Any visitor who enters Thailand with a non-immigrant visa or any other type of visa or visa-exempt and then works without a work permit will be working illegally.

It is possible for somebody to work, as a teacher or otherwise, without a work permit because an employer allows it, not any Thai authority.

--

Maestro

I know a few teachers with low salaries who get 1 year visas, without the 3 month thing..

Only those using section 7.1 (business) are subject to the nationality wage scale. Teachers use 7.5 and 7.6 which do not have clause 2 below.

7.1 In the case of

business such as

employment with a

company or partnership,

etc.:

Permission will be

granted for a period of

not more than 1 year at

a tim

(2) The alien must have an income

consistent with that set out in

the Income Table attached

hereto;

hi again

let be more specific, i am from the uk and am looking to approach a hotel with regards tennis coaching on a part time basis but obviously i would need a work permit. what i initially had in mind to approach the hotel with was an arrangement whereby the they paid me a salary, i paid back the majority of the salary in court fees when i coached and also coached a certain number of hours for free, something along those lines, so it would effectively be teaching as i have an internationally accredited tennis coaching qualification

hope you can all be of assistance

thanks

I am now going to edit this topic as follows:

1. in the topic title, replace "farang" with "foreigner"

2. edit postss to remove reference to "farang" or delete posts, as appropriate

--

Maestro

I am now going to edit this topic as follows:

1. in the topic title, replace "farang" with "foreigner"

2. edit postss to remove reference to "farang" or delete posts, as appropriate

--

Maestro

Perhaps you and Lopburi3 could just re-post the published rates of income for the different nationalities ? - It would save you a lot of reading/moderating time as you're now going to get a thousand under-the-radar types tryiing to figure out if they're 'legal'.

As mentioned by Lopburi, the minimum salary per nationality for an extension of stay under paragraph 7.1 of Royal Thai Police Order No. 606/2549 is in the Attachment to that Police Order, ie the last page of this PDF document:

http://www.immigration.go.th/nov2004/2notice/rtp606EN.pdf

A link to this document is in this post in the pinned topic “Useful Immigration Information & Visa Descriptions, Laws, addresses, download forms, Etc” in this forum:

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/index.php?s=...t&p=1041723

--

Maestro

hi maestro

i have looked at the attachments and am still unsure, as previous posters have mentioned most teachers earn 30,000 baht or less, on Samui uk diving instructors get about 35000 baht, are the companies/schools paying the tax for 50,000 baht out of their own pocket?