What Do You Miss About The Uk

BIG SPUDS

• Replies 162
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Pickled Onion crisps

Lamb with mint sauce. mmmmmmm

In Phuket, Tesco-Lotus, Big C (sometimes) and Robinson have lamb chops :D and I 've taught my g/f how to cook them using my Hanabishi "smokeless grill". I had 5 on Tuesday! Now I just need to find frozen Brussels Sprouts... :o

What about BKK? Can you get mint sauce here? Or i suppose i could make it.

Pickled Onion crisps

In Phuket, Tesco-Lotus, Big C (sometimes) and Robinson have lamb chops :D and I 've taught my g/f how to cook them using my Hanabishi "smokeless grill". I had 5 on Tuesday! Now I just need to find frozen Brussels Sprouts... :o

You can buy kiwi lamb in most good supermarkets...and I'll bet it's cheaper than what you pay for domestic Lamb in the uk.mint is cheap as chips and is in every market.

You can buy kiwi lamb in most good supermarkets...and I'll bet it's cheaper than what you pay for domestic Lamb in the uk.mint is cheap as chips and is in every market.

Kwi Lamb is the best anyway. I cant remember seeing it at Carrefour Lad Prao.

Kwi Lamb is the best anyway. I cant remember seeing it at Carrefour Lad Prao.

Carrefour Pattaya have NZ lamb and also homebred Pattaya lamb........being a cheapskate i got the Pattaya lamb ............could of re-soled my shoes with it :o

There's a theme coming through on this thread that UK food is crap...well I was in the States a few years back when Michael Jackson was on tour. He was performing 7 nights at the local arena which had a MacDonalds just outside: they put on a "Michael MacBurger" special. Tasted like 38 year old meat between 12 year old buns.

(Apologies to Kevin Bloody Wilson et al)

Pickled Onion crisps

In Phuket, Tesco-Lotus, Big C (sometimes) and Robinson have lamb chops :wub: and I 've taught my g/f how to cook them using my Hanabishi "smokeless grill". I had 5 on Tuesday! Now I just need to find frozen Brussels Sprouts... :D

Excuse me while I try to stop laughing after reading Longsands and Jockstars last posts, :o:D:D , but I would think you can get mint sauce in Foodland (Sukh. soi 3) and Villa (Sukh. soi 33?). And thanks for reminding me about mint sauce - my g/f is growing mint at the back of the house (within the forest of papaya trees) - so I should chop some leaves up with vinegar and make my own :D .

In Thailand I miss ... the quiet vehicles, safe drivers, my wholesale wholefood supplier (macadamias, nut & seed bars), worthwhile television programmes, my laptop & broadband connection, proper hot showers, everything works. Time passes quickly.

In Britain I miss ... the winter Thai climate (but not the summer's), the girlfriend of 11 months (31 years my junior), the cheap prices, durian, rambutan, traditional massage, attractive faces, slim bodies. Time passes slowly.

• 3 weeks later...

Easy, low expectations and high negativity

High taxes

Wasted, abysmal public transport network

Third world healthcare

Unaffordable house prices

A growing thug culture

Uncontrolled immigration

The longest working hours in Europe

Speed cameras

and the list goes on ....

If you live in thailand,

What do you miss about the UK?

What would you like to be able to go to the shops and buy easily like you could in the UK?

What would you like to import?

Just being noisey!!!

When i stay in LOS i miss UK food. Not a fan of thai food as much as i want to be!!

But cant seem to find anything i like to eat.

Always come back the UK looking like a skeleton.

Is it just me?

A good Haircut!