The Grumpiest Ex-pat In Bangkok

CarlBkk

After one and a half years, Carl - just post some evidence can you. We all want to know that the 'grumpiest farang in Thailand actually exists'

Post evidence some can you, then we know he isn't the grumpy imagination of a Bkk expat who has been here too long.

I look forward to seeing the evidence (one and a half years in the waiting)

ThaiEye

Who is "We", you and your soi dog? :D

You just don't get it, do you? :)

Go and stand in the corner with Whistleblower......and err.... Whatsisname !

(I've seen chemtrails, but only in Winter)

After one and a half years, Carl - just post some evidence can you. We all want to know that the 'grumpiest farang in Thailand actually exists'

Post evidence some can you, then we know he isn't the grumpy imagination of a Bkk expat who has been here too long.

I look forward to seeing the evidence (one and a half years in the waiting)

ThaiEye

:)

Go and look on Facebook -there is evidence on there. I think you may have been told on a number of occasions that some posts had to be removed.

Edited by mrtoad

The picture of the grumpy expat is still there , on Facebook . So if you're a member try this link :

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?pid=3066...mp;id=905720720

I remember I was looking for him back in 2008 , at the same place and I found his stool :)

Thaieye need to wake up , this is the picture and what more evidence do you need ?

You do all realise that you have become obsessed with that seat as he has?

I'm sure their is some bibical parable that relates a simlar story.

I don't recall amything about anyone sniffing a seat in the bible :)

I read up to about page 25, what happened after that? Was it all a hoax?

Nope, GOM was real, but then he took of with a 20 years younger gf and have lived happily ever after.

Don't worry, a few TV members are already competing for the title of GOM-2010, so the saga can continue..... :)

Edited by sorensen

I read up to about page 25, what happened after that? Was it all a hoax?

Nope, GOM was real, but then he took of with a 20 years younger gf and have lived happily ever after.

Don't worry, a few TV members are already competing for the title of GOM-2010, so the saga can continue..... :D

After being away from this site for over a year I am amazed that this thread is stil running, I think its about time to close it dont your think?

Be honest you dont know for sure if the pic of the guy on face book which is referred to on this thread is the person in question or not, does it even matter?

Clearly the guy ( if he exists ) really couldnt care less as to what anyone think, and besides that I have witnessed far more offensive expats deserving of the title in LOS, as I am sure many of you have.

Roygsd :):D

• 2 years later...

Can you tell me which seat this is? I wish to join in the fun... I live in Ideal24 and can walk to Emporium...

It would even be more fun considering am Asian...

In fact, I can line up a couple of buddies to take the seat the entire day/week/month... forever till the Mayan calendar says the World's ending...

This IS hilarious!

Can you tell me which seat this is? I wish to join in the fun... I live in Ideal24 and can walk to Emporium...

It would even be more fun considering am Asian...

In fact, I can line up a couple of buddies to take the seat the entire day/week/month... forever till the Mayan calendar says the World's ending...

This IS hilarious!

Well it was a couple of years ago. James has moved over town how I hear. giggle.gif

This thread reminds me of a scene I witnessed a couple of years back. I had just left the bakery at Pullman Khon Kaen which is next to their main entrance when I noticed a fracas occuring. This old Brit couple were standing next to a Toyota Commuter and the woman, aged about 300, was prodding each seat in turn declaring them "too uncomfortable" to the bellboy. They'd obviously hired it privately for a trip or the like. She then loudly demanded that the driver leave and return with another vehicle which was rapidly being translated by the bellboy to the perplexed driver. This sitiation warranted me opening my bag of goodies, selecting a slice of cheesecake and sitting back to enjoy the show. I started grinning like a loon when the old boy sidled over to the driver and, in a conspiratorial tone, said " Mother doesn't like lumpy seats" The driver, obviously knowing about as much English as the average sideboard, just smiled and grinned. My joy was compounded by the old woman saying " What's he grinning at? I know people you know!" before storming off back into the hotel lobby.

Made my day, nay, month that one did.

This reminds me of something that happened in Bangkok a few years ago. I got onto a crowded bus, but managed to get the last empty seat. This Thai guy came up to me and began shouting at me that I was sitting in his seat. I just ignored him, but he continued his verbal attack telling me how he always sat in that seat. I tried to explain, in my struggling Thai, that you cannot reserve a seat on a public bus, but he wouldn't listen. Everyone on the bus was getting angry as he continued this for ten minutes until I finally got sick of him and gave him the seat. Anyway once he had it he sat down and drove the bus. tongue.gif

Now that is very funny!

• Like 2

• 7 months later...

I notice the original OP is still active.

I wondered myself if it was ust an excellent wind up.

Not a wind-up. Many of us had a lot of fun at the time a couple of years ago with this guy.

Take a picture of the cafe and point out the seat. I will go have coffee there when I am around that place smile.png

It is the last seat closest to the coffee machine. He may have moved on by now, so don't expect much, but do let us know if he does show up!

I notice the original OP is still active.

I wondered myself if it was ust an excellent wind up.

Not a wind-up. Many of us had a lot of fun at the time a couple of years ago with this guy.

Take a picture of the cafe and point out the seat. I will go have coffee there when I am around that place smile.png

It is the last seat closest to the coffee machine. He may have moved on by now, so don't expect much, but do let us know if he does show up!

Should be captured for youtube posterity

You know what's gonna happen now doncha? There is gonna be a rush on for THAT seat every morning as soon as they open the doors to Emporium at 10am. I can just picture the scene now as TV Members make a beeline for that stool! Hilarious! laugh.gif .

Could be the next meeting place for a 'Thai Visa Members' breakfast!!! :whistling:

I certainly will if I have the chance! Maybe worth an extra breakfast at the Emporium clap2.gif

• 1 year later...

I was in Emporium recently and remembered this topic from way back so I just had to ask the sales lady at the Cafe about the GOM. He still comes about twice a month .He also seems to visit the oriental cafe in Siam paragon now a lot.I asked her if he was planning to come the next day but she said she did not know so i did not bother to come back in the morning.

His behaviour is unchanged she told me, still rude as ever. We had a good laugh about the whole thing.

So looks like the GOM won the seat battle,