The Grumpiest Ex-pat In Bangkok

CarlBkk

So- he squeezed into the corner with the flower vase, menu box and all of the other "stuff" sitting down there without throwing a tantrum?

Excellent!! thumbsup.gif

I'm happy to hear that this guy just might have learned something! Tks for the update!

If this is the case, then hats off to the GOM for learning a lesson! If he's being a better human being, then mission accomplished! I for one am off his case. But the croissants and coffee are pretty dam_n good...I'll be back regardless...but in the other corner.

If this is the case, then hats off to the GOM for learning a lesson! If he's being a better human being, then mission accomplished! I for one am off his case. But the croissants and coffee are pretty dam_n good...I'll be back regardless...but in the other corner.

Should we now refer to him as "The Expat previously known as GOM"? :o

Wonder if he's a TV member who's seen the error of his ways, has he got the goolies to come on here and admit it?

Should we now refer to him as "The Expat previously known as GOM"? :o

Wonder if he's a TV member who's seen the error of his ways, has he got the goolies to come on here and admit it?

Not been fully tested yet...since this thread started no-one has actually made it into his seat before him. I sat in his "zone" with no response (positive sign) but it might have been different if I'd have got his seat. However, as he knows what I'm up to, he might refrain. If it's a stranger, he might rant.

He is obviously a person with a manic-depressive condition - could be borderline syndrom or any other obsessiveness.

Your keenly astute discernment and observations, the in depth case history review and following diagnosis of someone you never met, but only read about on an anonymous forum are frankly; incredible. You should be picking the winning lottery numbers, (or adjust your medication).

This guy was a jerk to everyone around him and I think CarlBkk's behavior modification technique may have its merits in helping the GOM go on to lead a productive, healthier (if not happier, then at least perhaps less confrontational) life here in the glorious "Land 'O Thais".

Yep, that's me, Mr. Incredible. You must agree that a telediagnosis is not too difficult in this case. Such people are as predictable as the time of sunset and sunrise.

Why don't you look up "compulsion neurosis" or "obsessive-compulsive disorder."

Et voilà, you may have learned something at least.

are the groupy girls still showing up ?

Somebody could start selling T-shirts: suggested titles:

I saw the stool I touched the stool and survived to tell the tail

I did it with the stool hog

The cafe could start selling stool-burgers (not to be confused with brahmburgers)

are the groupy girls still showing up ?

Somebody could start selling T-shirts: suggested titles:

I saw the stool I touched the stool and survived to tell the tail

I did it with the stool hog

The cafe could start selling stool-burgers (not to be confused with brahmburgers)

Brilliant!

:o

Old sitters don't die, they just simply slip off their stools

Wise men sit softly where stool sitters rush in

How to Get your Stool and Sit in it too.

Jane Fonda's Stool Workout Video

Coming to a theater near you! The Stool Pigeon (squealing sequel)

The Emporium Stool Hog

- And other amazing tales From Unseen Bangkok

You Wan Beea? (intimate strategies of a Thai seductress revealed)

From the authoress of "Where you go?" and "Hello Massage"

Chicken Soup for the Stool

Michael Jackson's unreleased song, "The Stool is Mine"

(kids' game) Musical Stools

The Stool Squatters Handbook, By ThaiVisa Publ.

(new rock band) Stools for Fools

He is obviously a person with a manic-depressive condition - could be borderline syndrom or any other obsessiveness.

Your keenly astute discernment and observations, the in depth case history review and following diagnosis of someone you never met, but only read about on an anonymous forum are frankly; incredible. You should be picking the winning lottery numbers, (or adjust your medication).

This guy was a jerk to everyone around him and I think CarlBkk's behavior modification technique may have its merits in helping the GOM go on to lead a productive, healthier (if not happier, then at least perhaps less confrontational) life here in the glorious "Land 'O Thais".

Get over yourself - behaviour modification technique - just exactly how far up your own arse can one get - amazing?

Its like the school bullies - little men with no balls

I'm pretty sure it was said tongue in cheek, don't you think?

I'd say no balls would have been to do nothing. I'd also say bullies bully those deemed weaker than oneself (demure Thai female staff in this instance).

You need to get over yourself as well

Wee bairns

Old sitters don't die, they just simply slip off their stools

Wise men sit softly where stool sitters rush in

How to Get your Stool and Sit in it too.

Jane Fonda's Stool Workout Video

Coming to a theater near you! The Stool Pigeon (squealing sequel)

The Emporium Stool Hog

- And other amazing tales From Unseen Bangkok

You Wan Beea? (intimate strategies of a Thai seductress revealed)

From the authoress of "Where you go?" and "Hello Massage"

Chicken Soup for the Stool

Michael Jackson's unreleased song, "The Stool is Mine"

(kids' game) Musical Stools

The Stool Squatters Handbook, By ThaiVisa Publ.

(new rock band) Stools for Fools

Only Stools and Whores ses

I have been reading this thread for over 2 hours now and I can honestly say I have not laughed this much in ages :o Any recent updates? I may go and visit this infamous stool in the next few weeks! Good on him tho he seems to be a bit less grumpy?!

Why Do Stool Hogs Fall in Love?

Was that Frankie Lyman and the Teenagers earlier (and sensibly disregarded) title

to their hit song: "Why Do Fools Fall In Love?"?

Stool on the Hill

Hey, that's how Hillary could pay back the $20 million she owes for her campaign:

marry and divorce Paul McCartney.

Hey, that's how Hillary could pay back the $20 million she owes for her campaign:

For $20 million, I'd marry him ! (Then claim a headache on the wedding night and every night after, then file for divorce on the grounds he was emotionally distant and sexually perverted).

Easy money ! :o

So- he squeezed into the corner with the flower vase, menu box and all of the other "stuff" sitting down there without throwing a tantrum?

Excellent!! thumbsup.gif

I'm happy to hear that this guy just might have learned something! Tks for the update!

If this is the case, then hats off to the GOM for learning a lesson! If he's being a better human being, then mission accomplished!

Right. Now you all can move on to world peace, and ending world hunger. This week - the breakfast counter at the Emporium Shopping Center; next week - the world!

Edited by kat

Right. Now you all can move on to world peace, and ending world hunger. This week - the breakfast counter at the Emporium Shopping Center; next week - the world!

:D

Is that Emporium coffee your emoticon is drinking ? :o

From small acorns, mighty Oaks may grow.

This week - "The Stool" at the Emporium. Next week - Overcharging Baht Bus drivers in Pattaya ! The next week - Sorry, busy that week. The g/f wants to visit auntie. World Domination will have to wait. :D

This is brilliant. I have not stopped laughing since I opened. The mass seat sit by TV members is hilarious. Next time I am in BKK I am going. Lots of fun with bolshy expats in Khon Kaen also.

CarlBkk you are my hero mate. Oh! tears of laughter again. :o

For $20 million, I'd marry him ! (Then claim a headache on the wedding night and every night after, then file for divorce on the grounds he was emotionally distant and sexually perverted).

Easy money ! :D

There are some who feel that having participated in the musical felonies "The Girl is Mine", and "Ebony and Ivory", he deserved to be married to that one-legged bitch.

There are some who feel that having participated in the musical felonies "The Girl is Mine", and "Ebony and Ivory", he deserved to be married to that one-legged bitch.

Are you talking about Eileen??

Hi,

this is getting a little stale now, will someone please sit in his stool everyday unil he has managed to keep his cool for 3 days in a row, if he does manage to complete the 3 day period without spitting out his dummy then present him with a copy of this entire thread and a tee shirt with EX arsehol_e printed on it............

who knows he might actually see the funny side of it,,,,,,,, if he does'nt I am sure others will!

roy gsd :o:D:D:D

The GOM is away in Hong Kong all this week so no fun and games. Khun Pattavea (assistant manager) was approached and asked if this was the place talked about on TV.com, and so she asked me for the URL to take a look at this thread. Her and her boss most enjoyed reading it apparently.

The GOM has never been known to smile let alone let a little chuckle out at someone taking the piss with a T-shirt. But yes, it could be fun for the rest of us :o

Are you talking about Eileen??

Yes that's the one.

The GOM is away in Hong Kong all this week so no fun and games. Khun Pattavea (assistant manager) was approached and asked if this was the place talked about on TV.com, and so she asked me for the URL to take a look at this thread. Her and her boss most enjoyed reading it apparently.

The GOM has never been known to smile let alone let a little chuckle out at someone taking the piss with a T-shirt. But yes, it could be fun for the rest of us :D

I wonder if GOM compensates his behavior to the staff by over-tipping, or does he tip at all ?

Inform the staff that since you've put them on the map we'll be needing a TV group discount, :o

I thought that I was the only one who noticed how much those songs sucked! :o

I will be there for breakfast on Monday and Tuesday next week .

So now you've all been warned, Im ready to fight for that stool . :o

if you want to fight for that stool ,you should go to oriental shop before 10.00am .you win :D:D

funny story