The Grumpiest Ex-pat In Bangkok

CarlBkk

Has anyone tried pushing in the GOM's stool?

Pause.

Is this really about torturing some old man? I hesitate reading all 33 pages. Do you really have nothing better to do? Try to be nice to old people. They're usually just very lonely people. Maybe he'll push your stool in if your nice to him.

Song title Stool A Fool

Edited by Shotime

I got a bit tired after 17 pages and jumped to the end of the thread. There seems to be an awful lot of 'go get 'im' and very little real action. If you REALLY care about this, you need to be a little smarter IMO.

Where's the plan B?

If you turn up and he's on 'his' stool, then it would seem more in line with 'do unto others as they do unto you' if you left him on his stool and sat either side of him staring intently and throwing fake tantrums. Just infringe upon his 'space'. Wouldn't that send a stronger message? To do that to a stranger takes balls and I wonder if all those jumping into the fray have what it takes?

Has anyone just confronted him directly and said his behaviour is upsetting both the staff and other members of the public. Tell him if he still does not change, then you will shame him publicly. If he's a bully he will dare you to. So DO it!

Make it a big issue. SELL it to the press as a story worth publishing.

Has anyone informed the head office and told them this is a big issue on the board and many people are now reluctant to use the coffee shop because of this man? That the adverse publicity is giving the company a bad name. (although any publicity is good publicity).

Why not have someone make an appointment at the head office with printed comments from this board. Again, it could be 'This man is rude and aggressive to your customers who had no idea that he claimed ownership of a particular stool and the experience was totally spoiled. They will never come back and they will tell all their friends and this is why foreigners aren't coming to your shop.' etc.. etc.. Such is the reputation of this man now that you surely must be losing business.

They will certainly take action if it is hitting the bottom line.

Why not set him up deliberately? Create a scene. Then send a letter to Bangkok Post or other organs along the lines of 'we are a group of caring foreigners who do not like to see Thai or other customers abused by other rude foreigners and we want to show the Thai people that we are not all the same' or words to that effect. We are going to demonstrate outside the Emoprium on such and such a day, at such and such a time, in defence of Thailand and in favour of good behaviour. This would actually be good for all foreigners and show we care. Take some pictures then send them with an article to the media saying you will repeat the 'demonstration' every Saturday morning (or whenever) to inform Thailand that there are good foreigners who care about Thailand.

SELL the story. With the media it is always better to write the article in the same fashion as journalists would do. Saves them work.

Expose him, embarrass him. He is a bully. Doing nothing allows him to remain a bully.

You may think this is completely OTT, but when you think of the nonsense stories made up, or the avalanche of smut and filth being poured into young minds by the media, wouldn't it be nice just for once to take a stand? You never know, it may catch on.

FWIW

There are some who feel that having participated in the musical felonies "The Girl is Mine", and "Ebony and Ivory", he deserved to be married to that one-legged bitch.

:D

I thought that I was the only one who noticed how much those songs sucked! :o

Not my taste either but I think they were high in the charts in the usa and the rest of the world, unlike that

excuse of a woman, the ambulance should have took the other leg to hospital and left the rest of her to rot,

but she seems to be popular in the states, any takers?

roy gsd

Has anyone tried pushing in the GOM's stool?

Pause.

Is this really about torturing some old man? I hesitate reading all 33 pages. Do you really have nothing better to do? Try to be nice to old people. They're usually just very lonely people. Maybe he'll push your stool in if your nice to him.

Song title Stool A Fool

dont mind stealing his chair , but I leave pushing his stool to others........

roy gsd

The mo fo would have had a problem with me the instant he touched my bag.

I just wonder why you (Carl) didn't ask the security guard to come over & complain to him that this fool was abusing the Thai staff. That shit ain't cool.

Congratulations on making this guy miserable.

For this guy the term "driving me crazy" is a very short trip.

if he wants the stool so much why not smear it with superglue one morning and then he gets to keep it! :o

I could come down for coffee in the mornings. Should we start a regular TV get together?

if he wants the stool so much why not smear it with superglue one morning and then he gets to keep it! :o

I could come down for coffee in the mornings. Should we start a regular TV get together?

I am sorry to say that its time to close this thread, no doubt another episode could be opened if the guy ever shows up again

:D:D:D:D:D

roy GSd

I am sorry to say that its time to close this thread....

roy GSd

No need to apologise - I believe you'll need to get admin status before you can make that call mate.....

Dont wish that on me please!

On reflection the word suggest would have been more appropriate, but as no one has posted on this subject recently I guess the guy has either dissapeared or people are bored with this thread, personally I would like to see a positive outcome to this situation,

Roy gsd

Well, this whole thread have exposed some of the worst traits of human nature, why don't we have another gang start go and hassle the ones bulling the poor old weirdo, maybe it can spread to a worldwide conflict, then in 20-30 years time when historians is trying to find the reasons for this conflict only a few very old Thai Visa members knows how it all really started :o .

Haven't we all met this kind of people often before, at the workplace where some old fool wanted the same place to hang his jacket every day, in the public transport where some want to sit in the same seat every morning, at board meetings where some old mummy wanted the same procedure every time because it had been like that unchanged for 35 years, in the bar in Pattaya where you get the evil eye if you dare to sit where some old drunk sits everyday and thrones aso. aso.

Those types is people with low self esteem and sad lives, people to pity and ultimately ignore, starting to argue with them is rather immature and pulling yourself down to their sad level.

I would suggest that quite a few posters here should wake up, get a life and use your precious time in a more social productive way, spread joy instead of promoting hatred and ignorance.

Be happy :D:D:D

Regards :D

Well, this whole thread have exposed some of the worst traits of human nature, why don't we have another gang start go and hassle the ones bulling the poor old weirdo, maybe it can spread to a worldwide conflict, then in 20-30 years time when historians is trying to find the reasons for this conflict only a few very old Thai Visa members knows how it all really started :o .

Haven't we all met this kind of people often before, at the workplace where some old fool wanted the same place to hang his jacket every day, in the public transport where some want to sit in the same seat every morning, at board meetings where some old mummy wanted the same procedure every time because it had been like that unchanged for 35 years, in the bar in Pattaya where you get the evil eye if you dare to sit where some old drunk sits everyday and thrones aso. aso.

Those types is people with low self esteem and sad lives, people to pity and ultimately ignore, starting to argue with them is rather immature and pulling yourself down to their sad level.

I would suggest that quite a few posters here should wake up, get a life and use your precious time in a more social productive way, spread joy instead of promoting hatred and ignorance.

Be happy :D:D:D

Regards :D

Such as your way, I presume :D

Time to push this into the river.

Was fun at the start, getting stale, let it fall of the end.

Then why did you just bump it to the top? A thread doesn't have to be locked to stop being active. People just have to stop contributing to it...

• 2 months later...
TV members got bored and GOM is sitting in the same stool as usual. :D

Brit, you got it. GOM is a creature of habit and on the occasion I am in that locality from 10-11am I have seen him in his seat all nice and cosy with no interference. The last time with his serious wife beside him looking bored.

However, he's only there if his "schedule" allows, so not every day. He's been enjoying the peace of his "area" for months again. All is in order and controlled again in the world of GOM.

....until we decide to resurrect the TV coffee mornings to surprise him!

:o

I don't know if he behaves in the same manner because as far as I'm aware, he gets his place without competition. I don't know what his reaction would be now if someone were to beat him to it...

No doubt he wouldn't consider people conspiring to get his place so I'd hazard a guess that he may blow a fuse again, mostly directed at the staff.

I forgot to say, this chap wants his place EVERY morning until lunchtime, including weekends. If he can't get it (after the outbursts) he does downstairs to the Salon cafe and comes up on a regular basis to get his seat. If unavailable, outburst. Repeated until he gets his seat.

Actually sounds like classic OCD, obsessive compulsives (like Jack Nicholson in "Good as it Gets"), daily routines are ritualized, any break from the norm throws these people into a tailspin. :o

Dear Sir while you certainly seem to suffer from Obsessive Compulsive Disorder, OCD,

and it IS a legitmate phsycological condition, it IS one you must take steps to get control of.

In an effort to be of help in that regard, we have organized a group to prevent this seat

from EVER being free during regular business hours. We hope this will enable you to

work through this TICK you suffer from. We also will provide persons at all adjacent

seating with long arms and extended elbows and hope this causes no unintended chagrin.

We have advised the management of the Oriental Hotel than we are doing

a medical intervention on site and this must not be obstructed by any means.

We also intend to provide coffee shop staff with in tensve laughter therapy during off housrs.

Please blink twice if you understand these terms.

Stare blankly of we need to get support staff to restart your brain.

Thank you; The T.V. Psycho-Intervention League, Bangkok Branch.