Football Shirts

You are ignorant and you can't spell, yet I'm the "dumb" one.

(that is, assuming you CAN read...based on your user name and icon, I'd peg you for, what, 12 or 13 years old?).

mate no need to get personal with people until you can substantially answer some of the real life questions that have been asked of you about your job, why you do it and why these people you work for cant ascertain the needs of the people buying the copy goods...

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

But your company if I have guessed correctly do not only work on criminal cases but also civil cases on behalf of the crooks, sorry manufacturers

And still no picture..... User name and picture are for humor, something you obviously lack in your trade

Why don't you get a real job, one that actually contributes to society rather than just filling your pockets and stroking your ego as a big man crushing the small man

Anyone interested just simply do a search for the subject matter on google and you will soon get an idea of the company this guy probably works for.

Why don't you get a real job, one that actually contributes to society rather than just filling your pockets and stroking your ego as a big man crushing the small man

exactly why he wont answer the questions asked of him because as like his employers they dont care about society, only about how much money they can extort out of everyone to line their pockets and egos...

You guess incorrectly. Civil cases are handled by law firms. Lawyers should therefore be much higher on your list of demons.

If you think that cheap counterfeit products benefit society, though, you're dumber than I thought.

The authentic manufacturers pay at least minimum wage and provide workspaces that are in line with legal standards. Counterfeit products are made mostly in unregistered, unsafe back-alley sweatshops, often by children who are paid below minimum wage. I've been in some factories where the employees were actually locked in 24 hours a day.

Nike pumps more cash into the Thai economy than any other company in the world. Hundreds of thousands, if not millions, of Thais' livelihoods depend on the success of the name-brand businesses who employ them.

Authentic manufacturers pay billions in taxes. The counterfeiters rarely, if ever, pay a dime. Government funds that pay for things like public works, education, and public health come from taxes paid by legitimate businesses, and the people who work from them. The authentic manufacturers basically support the sports that we all enjoy and take for granted, by paying royalties to be allowed to sponsor them. Is it any surprise that the legit products are therefore more expensive? OF COURSE they're more expensive!

The only thing paid out by illegitimate business owners are bribes to corrupt police officers and politicians for supposedly "protecting" them. What a wonderful benefit for society!

So, where is the benefit to society of your cheap copy kit now -- other than the fact that people who want the status of being seen to use branded goods, but who are too cheap to buy them, get to show off?

Everything you say in the last post is correct, however you are the same as most people who see only one side of a story you give only half of the information.

Minimum wage here is a pittance compared to the billions that these manufacturers make in profits each year, Nike for example was exposed recently in Vietnam for using child labor.

All of these companies pay only what is required, they manufacture here because the safety / salary required here less than in the west, it is not because they want to assist the economy that is just a side effect. do they sell the products manufactured al lower costs cheaper to the consumer? or do they make voluntary contributions to the host country and its people from the additional profits they make by manufacturing here, the answer is as you well know a big NO

If Nike or any of the other large manufacturers could get away without contributing to the Thai economy they would, As a company they have one of the worst reputations for exploiting poor countries.

You can try and justify your pathetic life as much as you want but you are very shortsighted if you think that these corporations doing anything more than the bare minimum then it is you who is dumb my friend.

No one here is actually condoning the guys who counterfeit, most just do not like a low life grass like you who does condone the legal extortion carried out by the large manufacturers

No one here is actually condoning the guys who counterfeit, most just do not like a low life grass like you who does condone the legal extortion carried out by the large manufacturers

dont think any of us could have said your post any better...

Private <deleted>,

It'snot so much the job you are doing, it's the underhanded way you are using to people who wanted to help you.

You sir are a complete prick. I hope somebody can indeed find a photo of you to post on this forum.

If you were a little smarter, you would have kept you mouth shut, but your ego got in the way.

Interesting to note that ThaiVisa supports posts regarding the illegal trade in replica football shirts. It's either that or the moderators aren't up to the job. Just how does one qualify for such a post on this board? From what I can see they don't have to pass any kind of intelligence test!

Interesting to note that ThaiVisa supports posts regarding the illegal trade in replica football shirts. It's either that or the moderators aren't up to the job. Just how does one qualify for such a post on this board? From what I can see they don't have to pass any kind of intelligence test!

I agree with the comments regarding pvtdick, he is a total dick :o

The moderators can't be blamed for his comments, he's buried himself already.

The Tilleke & Gibbins Museum of Counterfeit Goods was established in 1989 at the firm's Bangkok, Thailand office. However, long before that time, the firm had already in hand the main prerequisites to start a museum in the form of a large volume of counterfeit and pirated goods accumulated over the years from raids conducted on behalf of the firm's clients. The goods, which were used as evidence in court, were then stashed away in boxes, taking up valuable storage space and serving no purpose whatsoever. With the collection growing rapidly, it became apparent that a way should be found which would take advantage of the counterfeit goods and turn them from the liability they were posing to a useful purpose.

The idea of creating a museum took root when Tilleke & Gibbins senior partner David Lyman visited the offices of Anthony R. Gurka, principal partner of the Hong Kong investigative firm then called Commercial Trademark Services (CTS). Through Mr. Gurka's efforts, beginning in the early 80s, CTS had successfully built up an internal collection of infringing goods. Upon seeing the CTS collection, it occurred to Mr. Lyman that the counterfeit goods held at Tilleke & Gibbins could very well prove useful as educational tools if properly displayed and accessible for public viewing. Thus inspired, Mr. Lyman worked with members of the firm's Intellectual Property Department and the Tilleke & Gibbins Museum of Counterfeit Goods came into existence.

At the outset, the collection consisted of approximately 100 items which were separated into four categories: clothing, leather goods, electronics and toiletries. However, with new items gathered on a continuing basis from raids overseen by the firm, plus samples of the genuine goods which the firm obtains, the collection has rapidly grown. At present, the museum has approximately fifteen hundred pieces of infringing trademark and copyrighted goods, making it the largest one of its kind in Thailand. The collection now covers more than 20 categories of goods which, in addition to the four mentioned above, include footwear, perfumes, watches, household appliances and equipment, sound systems, car and machine parts, decorative ornaments, foods, drugs, alcohol, chemical products and stationery.

The Museum of Counterfeit Goods has received much interest, and at least four major foreign television broadcasting companies (CNN, BBC, Australian and Danish National Television) have featured the museum in their documentaries concerning the counterfeit situation in Thailand. Many local and international newspapers and magazines have also published articles on the Tilleke & Gibbins museum. The U.S. based Journal of Commerce, for example, has featured the museum on its front page.

Intellectual property officials of the Pacific Rim countries have visited the museum as part of a training course organized by the World Intellectual Property Organization (WIPO) and the Department of Technical and Economic Cooperation of Thailand. Not only is the museum attracting those involved in the intellectual property field, but it is also well frequented by Thai and foreign police, Interpol officers, judges, government officials, law students, clients and other individuals from the private sector.

As foreseen, the display of counterfeit goods alongside their genuine counterparts has proven to be of great educational value, which allows the viewer not only an interesting and unforgettable hands on learning experience but also demonstrates the extent and consequences of the counterfeiting of legitimate goods.

For more information, contact:

TILLEKE & GIBBINS INTERNATIONAL LTD.

Tilleke & Gibbins Building

64/1 Soi Tonson, Ploenchit Road

Bangkok 10330, Thailand

http://www.tillekeandgibbins.com/Museum/museum.htm

looking for pic of mr dick??,this might be yar man.

http://www.legalmediagroup.com/mip/default...ific04.gif&=F=F

scroll dowm to thee bottom

appols to mr ed kelly if its not mr dick

a diff link to the bbc,he said he had been on telly

http://www.bbcworld.com/content/clickonlin...666&co_pageid=2

yuors detective lion

I think it is just coincidence that the reporter at the BBC that did that report is called Richard and Dick is short for Richard or more likely short for Penis in pvt dicks case, maybe even a short penis at that.

Anyway i think it is obvious however that the company he works for is Tilleke and Gibbins International: I think this is a dead cert.

Cheers Mango :o

Knockoffs are a part of life- and those buying them know they are knockoffs so shouldn't be any issue. When u buy authentic gear you pay accordingly. I don't think it's wise to grass anyone up for making a small profit. No worries that sort of behaviour usually sorts itself out in the end. :o

A bit over the top, don't you think? Comparing someone who sexually abuses children to someone who helps corporations find people who steal from them for commercial gain?

Personally, I think the lowest of the low is someone who goes to a foreign country in order to break the laws there and make a fast buck.

But that's just my opinion.