Latest Requirements For Non Imm B In Penang??

Anybody recent experience with applying for a single entry non imm B visa at Penang consulate. My new employer applied for a work permit so I suppose I should bring proof of that. What other documents from my employer (company registration and/or tax reports maybe?) must I show? And do I understand correctly that a mutiple entry is out of the question.

Application for Visa

2.1 Non-Immigrant Visa Category “B” (Business Visa) is issued to applicants who wish to enter the Kingdom to work or to conduct business.

(1) Foreigners who wish to work in Thailand must provide the following documents:

- Passport or travel document with validity of not less than 6 months.

- Completed visa application form.

- Recent passport-sized photograph (4 x 6 cm) of the applicant taken within the past 6 months. - Evidence of adequate finance (20,000 Baht per person and 40,000 Baht per family).

- Letter of approval from the Ministry of Labour. To obtain this letter, the applicant’s prospective employer in Thailand is required to submit Form WP3 at the Office of Foreign Workers Administration, Department of Employment, Ministry of Labour or at the Provincial Employment Office in his or her respective province. More information is available at www.doe.go.th/workpermit/index.html

- Copy of Work Permit issued by the Ministry of Labour and alien income tax or Por Ngor Dor 91 (only in the case where applicant has previously worked in Thailand).

- Corporate documents of hiring company in Thailand such as:

1) business registration and business license

2) list of shareholders

3) company profile

4) details of business operation

5) list of foreign workers stating names, nationalities and positions

6) map indicating location of the company

7) balance sheet, statement of Income Tax and Business Tax (Por Ngor Dor 50 and Por Ngor Dor 30 of the latest year)

8) value-added tax registration (Por Por 20)

And Remember a letter from your employer requesting the Visa

Thanks Mr. Potato. Helpful, but the issue also is what they require in real life. Might be different from the rules book. (Most of the time it is). So if anybody has been there in lets say the last two or three weeks I would like to hear their experience in Penang.

But reading through the rules I see that I must show evidence that taxes in connection with my previous job have been paid. Question is: do they really ask for this? I was told they do not because this issue is dealt with whilst applying for the new WP. Therefore the latest info from people who have been in Penang is appreciated.

Thanks.

Application for Visa

2.1 Non-Immigrant Visa Category “B” (Business Visa) is issued to applicants who wish to enter the Kingdom to work or to conduct business.

(1) Foreigners who wish to work in Thailand must provide the following documents:

- Passport or travel document with validity of not less than 6 months.

- Completed visa application form.

- Recent passport-sized photograph (4 x 6 cm) of the applicant taken within the past 6 months. - Evidence of adequate finance (20,000 Baht per person and 40,000 Baht per family).

- Letter of approval from the Ministry of Labour. To obtain this letter, the applicant’s prospective employer in Thailand is required to submit Form WP3 at the Office of Foreign Workers Administration, Department of Employment, Ministry of Labour or at the Provincial Employment Office in his or her respective province. More information is available at www.doe.go.th/workpermit/index.html

- Copy of Work Permit issued by the Ministry of Labour and alien income tax or Por Ngor Dor 91 (only in the case where applicant has previously worked in Thailand).

- Corporate documents of hiring company in Thailand such as:

1) business registration and business license

2) list of shareholders

3) company profile

4) details of business operation

5) list of foreign workers stating names, nationalities and positions

6) map indicating location of the company

7) balance sheet, statement of Income Tax and Business Tax (Por Ngor Dor 50 and Por Ngor Dor 30 of the latest year)

8) value-added tax registration (Por Por 20)

And Remember a letter from your employer requesting the Visa

I am very confused. When I got my Non-Imm Bs all you required was a letter of invitation from your school, passport, pictures and contract. I thought that once you had your non-imm B you then applied for you work permit in order to get the one year extension before your non-imm B expired (3 months). We now have to get a work permit first??

I have a friend(teacher) going for her Non-Imm B in Penang. I also wanted to post asking what was required. Also how many days does it take? Can they process them on a weekend?

She is American, here on a tourist visa and this would be her first Non-Imm B and first job in Thailand.

Edited by meme

Anybody recent experience with applying for a single entry non imm B visa at Penang consulate. My new employer applied for a work permit so I suppose I should bring proof of that. What other documents from my employer (company registration and/or tax reports maybe?) must I show? And do I understand correctly that a mutiple entry is out of the question.

For me, the bill of the fee for the work permit application (Original) was enough!

The "little setback" is that they will issue only a 90 day non-b, but in the time frame I got my wp went to the local immigration and applied for a 1 year extension - got it 30 days later!

Edited by Samuian

Local Consulates most often want to see a work permit receipt recently - so you apply for the work permit, leave and get the visa, return and get the work permit and then go to work.

Penang is not open on Saturday/Sunday or Thai or Malaysian holidays. The accept visa applications in the morning and passport will be returned the next workday afternoon (believe after 1400 there).

Local Consulates most often want to see a work permit receipt recently - so you apply for the work permit, leave and get the visa, return and get the work permit and then go to work.

Penang is not open on Saturday/Sunday or Thai or Malaysian holidays. The accept visa applications in the morning and passport will be returned the next workday afternoon (believe after 1400 there).

Thank you for the info.

So all she needs is passport, photos and work permit receipt?

Is there a link on further instructions on how to get to the Thai Embassy in Penang?

Last time I went, 4 years ago, They minibus dropped me at a place where they took my passport and did it all for me.

Does this still happen?

Thank you for the info.

So all she needs is passport, photos and work permit receipt?

Is there a link on further instructions on how to get to the Thai Embassy in Penang?

Last time I went, 4 years ago, They minibus dropped me at a place where they took my passport and did it all for me.

Does this still happen?

So on thaivisa home page under, how to get a work permit, it says: First, you must have a Non-Immigrant visa to apply for a work permit.

So by 'receipt' does this mean something that shows that the work permit has been applied for but not received, because they are waiting to see the visa??

Edited by meme

Believe the receipt is issued about 3 days into the normal process and you then take that and the company documents to obtain the non immigrant visa and return with the visa for the actual issue of work permit.

So by 'receipt' does this mean something that shows that the work permit has been applied for but not received, because they are waiting to see the visa??

Exactly!

If the Labor Department accepts the Application for the WP and hands out the Bill for the application fee, the consulate knows that there got to be a company, an employer, a job...name it.. that it is going it's (legal) way.

But, as I understood last time (Oct.'07) there will be only a 90 day (minimum) issuance of the non-b visa!

Fo rmore reference read my 1. post!