What's Up With Norby's In Surin?

dkstoney

]the surin restuarant war continues...

Funny that, we have been here 7 years, and The Farang Connection for 13 and never noticed ant " Surin restaurant wars"

That's the problem, yet anther rumour monger saying we are at everyones throats. I guess though one more that can't read, as I thought I clearly stated that I told my customers other places to go apart from mine. Still, most peop[le on this forum only read with one eye. There was a time briefly, when a certain owner did try everything in his power to do away with me, and although he refused to tell his customers about us, I still; sent lots of people to him who wanted Pizza's. And I think I as well have tried every Falang restaurant in Surin. About 27 of them since I have been here.

No, Mr Husskydog, Surin is quite the opposite, all the bar owners except one getting on great with, and more important helping eacxh other. The one exception though is no trouble to anyone at all.

Sorry Fc,

i think you need to step back a little, view your rants from a distance and if possible try and look as others see....

and yes i know about your personal issue, but if you cant then no amount of replies via these boards will convince you....now over to you, "as a previous poster said, you like the last word"...chok dee

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

:) ..Nobby's upto his old tricks again. He used to do exactly the same in Nongkhai. He would walk around the block pretending he was going for a stroll, and would look inside every bar to see if any of his customers were drinking or eating in another bar. This would make him furious and as a result would confront his customers and bar owners. He tried it on with me on one occasion, so I gave him a piece of my mind and threatened to put him flat on his back. Never happened again, but I think that his actions resulted in him moving on to Surin, and I can see the same thing happening very soon. Good luck Nobby!!..555

Guemlum

All in all, he's a sad soul.....

Funny that, we have been here 7 years, and The Farang Connection for 13 and never noticed ant " Surin restaurant wars"

That's the problem, yet anther rumour monger saying we are at everyones throats. I guess though one more that can't read, as I thought I clearly stated that I told my customers other places to go apart from mine. Still, most peop[le on this forum only read with one eye. There was a time briefly, when a certain owner did try everything in his power to do away with me, and although he refused to tell his customers about us, I still; sent lots of people to him who wanted Pizza's. And I think I as well have tried every Falang restaurant in Surin. About 27 of them since I have been here.

No, Mr Husskydog, Surin is quite the opposite, all the bar owners except one getting on great with, and more important helping eacxh other. The one exception though is no trouble to anyone at all.

Sorry Fc,

i think you need to step back a little, view your rants from a distance and if possible try and look as others see....

and yes i know about your personal issue, but if you cant then no amount of replies via these boards will convince you....now over to you, "as a previous poster said, you like the last word"...chok dee

Problem easily solved, mate! Don't socialize with the local Farang community - I don't. Clannish atmosphere. Quite predictable.

:) ..Nobby's upto his old tricks again. He used to do exactly the same in Nongkhai. He would walk around the block pretending he was going for a stroll, and would look inside every bar to see if any of his customers were drinking or eating in another bar. This would make him furious and as a result would confront his customers and bar owners. He tried it on with me on one occasion, so I gave him a piece of my mind and threatened to put him flat on his back. Never happened again, but I think that his actions resulted in him moving on to Surin, and I can see the same thing happening very soon. Good luck Nobby!!..555

Guemlum

Hi Mr G,

I have got to agree with you. We were glad when he left NK.

Sorry Fc,

What the Fc do is a representation of the facts. He always playing the ball not trying to tackle the man like you do in previous post.

I doubt if this will be the last word Hussky old mucker, but just who are these Surin bar wars between. I would love to know, and I've been round the other six Farang bars in town, and they have'nt a clue either. Maybe Dave the Dude can help me here as he uses everyone of them. Dave Wot wars?

As a customer, I could not give a Rats @rse of there was a 'war' between bar owners.

No one is perfect and every one of us has our funny little ways, some get slagged of here, some dont, some hide in the bushes, some dont.

Its a friendly, clean & healthy restaurant that will survive and others will fall by the wayside. I can honestly say I have been in most farang&Thai places and at one point have not liked the food. I politely explain whats wrong, there and then and if its not to my satisfaction, I vote with my feet and NOT my keyboard.

This site is getting far to negative and has got less funny as the year goes on, shame really

Dave

Friend of mine has been there yesterday evening and was surprised after all the rumors here. The food was pretty good ther was nothing smelling, local beer and..... 2 nice ladys working there ( not his wife )

Just driven past and all the time I've been in Surin, I have never seen so many customers in there.

Hopefully, he is doing something right.

Chock dee

Dave

I did forget my previous experience, and as a lot of my customers were German this Elephant Festival, as well as putting Norbies name and address in my welcome letter, I told them all about Norbies. That could be something to do with having lots of customers. I did also call Mike on Friday, when we were overflowing, to pass some of my customers over. Unfortunately his phone was off, and he didn't call me back until 20.00. We, at the FC had a record year,and almost topped 500,000 for the week. We were chocker from 05.00 when we copened till about 21.00, when we had to close.

Thank God I'm back in hospital today. I can really do with the rest, get away from these Bar Wars. As well as that, only five bookers did not show, compared with 16 last year

Edited by farangconnection

To a relative outsider, it seems there is some history but whereas we hear nothing from the subject of this thread, we again hear about record this and how much money that from the FC. I can't be bothered to go back and search just how many times the FC has been bragging about this or that, usually money, or the number of lost and stolen cars but it is too many and can only be viewed as showing off.

quote:

I put in my welcome letter to all the Farangs coming this weekend, as well as Mikes, I did put Nobbies. And lots of people asked me where they were. I didn't think he had many, because once more I spotted him in the bushes seeing how many other people had.

What bushes? Your located in a parking lot at the bus station.

Edited by mizzi39

Why not just call that place here now F.C Forum. All about Martin and how gooooooood he is ????!!!! By the way , he is one off the sponsors so not write anything bad about him.

Edited by fishbone