Enlarged Prostate

strawberry

Hi All,

last year I posted about my prostate problem. At that time I was looking at the possibility of laser treatment and contacted the BKK general to get a price. I was told I'd be looking at 300,000 baht :o . I figured for that price I could go back to Australia with my wife and daughter get the job done and fly back. The problem it was going to take me at least a year to save up that kind of money. I hunted around and found a farang doctor I knew of and finally found him told him of my problem and he suggested He would do the TURP proceedure for me.

I read up on that and decided to to go ahead with it. My doctor is a surgeon and had done some work on me before so I trusted him.

5 days in hospital air/ con room operation on the second day total cost 16700baht. IT turned out I had cancer and now most of or all the cancer has been removed. My PSA is now 3.7. There has been some discomfort (peeing fishhooks) but nothing I couldn't handle.

My Doctor speaks perfect english and Thai and has been very helpful.

If you need any info please feel free to email me direct.

REgards Joe

Hi All,

last year I posted about my prostate problem. At that time I was looking at the possibility of laser treatment and contacted the BKK general to get a price. I was told I'd be looking at 300,000 baht :o . I figured for that price I could go back to Australia with my wife and daughter get the job done and fly back. The problem it was going to take me at least a year to save up that kind of money. I hunted around and found a farang doctor I knew of and finally found him told him of my problem and he suggested He would do the TURP proceedure for me.

I read up on that and decided to to go ahead with it. My doctor is a surgeon and had done some work on me before so I trusted him.

5 days in hospital air/ con room operation on the second day total cost 16700baht. IT turned out I had cancer and now most of or all the cancer has been removed. My PSA is now 3.7. There has been some discomfort (peeing fishhooks) but nothing I couldn't handle.

My Doctor speaks perfect english and Thai and has been very helpful.

If you need any info please feel free to email me direct.

REgards Joe

Even though prostate cancer is slow to progress it's good that it been caught,

So what is the prognosis, follow up, etc, ?

Thanx :D

Thanks for the update and glad to hear you are doing well.

One point that has me confused...aere you saying you had surgery done in Thailand by a farang doctor??? (Confused because it is rare for a farang to be licensed to practice in LOS)..?

Hi Sheryl,

thanks for the good wishes.

Yes I have been treated in Thailand by a farang doctor. Surgeon UK real nice guy. Has been working in Thailand for a number of years..

If you need any more info just email me direct.

Regards Joe

Hi Cobra,

If the cancer is still there I can still live for another 10 -15 years. I'm 73 now so that gives me a chance to stash a reasonable bank account for my 11yo daughter as well as leaving my thai wife comfortably well off.

My next step is to go to BKK for a bone scan to see if the cancer has spread to my hips. If it has my doctor suggests he geld me to slow down the progress. Thats a decision I haven't yet made and need to confer with my doctor once the bone scan shows whats what. Apart from that I'm not sure I have the money to do anything more here and may need to go back to Australia. One thing I do know I won't be able to get treatment at the private hospitals in BKK as they charge like wounded bulls and I don't have insurance.

Cross your fingers for me

REgards Joe