Data Recovery Software

steveb

Can someone recommend a good free data recovery software. Sometimes a file gets deleted for various reasons and I would like to be able to recover it.

I use GetDataBack and Recover My Files. As you may know, it is best to have whatever recovery application (you decide to use) installed PRIOR to having to actually using it since installing any software on a drive that contains your deleted / missing data could result in unrecoverable files.

I use this: NTFS Undelete

As the name implies, it only works on drives than have been formatted using NTFS files systems.

If it is for a file you recently deleted and not just something you want to keep for future use, be sure to read their page first. Downloading or installing new software could overwrite the file you are trying to recover. If you are trying to recover a recently deleted file, download and install to a USB drive instead.

If you're using Windows VISTA....it appears to have a new feature called shadow files...that supposedly enables you to recover lost files...just by using the operating system... But..fortunately...I've yet to need it or try it.. yet.

Can someone recommend a good free data recovery software. Sometimes a file gets deleted for various reasons and I would like to be able to recover it.

I use GetDataBack and Recover My Files. As you may know, it is best to have whatever recovery application (you decide to use) installed PRIOR to having to actually using it since installing any software on a drive that contains your deleted / missing data could result in unrecoverable files.

This is the best software out there. Great recommendation too. Try installing it into your flash drive using a DIFFERENT computer. I use mine from my flash drive.

• 4 months later...

I do not know any free data recovery software. I have used Stellar Phoenix data recovery software which is very easy to use and provides good data recovery solution.You can try this software its demo version is free in which through which you can access this software recovery capability.