Baby Jinjoks - How Small Are They At First?

I like jinjoks. We have several in the house. I seldom see babies, but now there is one on the toilet glass window pane, maybe 8 cm long. But surely they are not that big at birth. Do they start out at half a centimeter? Do they hatch from eggs? Do the parents raise them in a nest? Do they give them names like Noi and Somchai?

The female jinjok lays her eggs in the armpits of her partner (jinjoks are very intimate and mate for life). On Saturday night, when you fall asleep in front of Academy Fantasia, the male deposits the eggs in your ears. Vibrations from snoring induce the eggs to hatch and the babies emerge and crawl all over you, eating the dead skin from the most private recesses of your anatomy. You won't feel them because they are smaller than a gnat's doo-dah. Just before dawn, and having eaten their fill, they climb the living room walls and rest. When the first rays of sunlight hit them, all that dead skin in their teeny tummies suddenly converts to jinjok body tissue and they assume their adult size before you wake up.

Thanks, Nienke. I see you are not only a wealth of information about dogs, but geckos as well. I am relieved to know these critters do not make thousands of babies at once. They seem no more prolific than guinea pigs, which reproduce like rabbits. I used to use the term "multiply like rabbits," but I once asked a rabbit to multiply three times two, and she only thumped her tail four times.

• 1 month later...
They come in eggs about 1cm in diam.

Too many needed for a good omelette

post-498-1215225598_thumb.jpg

Spot On! We just found an egg yesterday which we hope will incubate for us. The babies must be under an inch long once they emerge. We are wondering if it will call us mom and dad once it sees us!

I like jinjoks. We have several in the house. I seldom see babies, but now there is one on the toilet glass window pane, maybe 8 cm long. But surely they are not that big at birth. Do they start out at half a centimeter? Do they hatch from eggs? Do the parents raise them in a nest? Do they give them names like Noi and Somchai?

PB... We ended up finding three eggs total, two of which hatched last night unseen by anyone. They must be tiny when they emerge and it would be fun to see. Here is a photo I snapped as we came home the other night. Looks like more eggs on the way! BTW, this amorous pair is hanging off a wall in our kitchen.

post-498-1215906497_thumb.jpg

PB... We ended up finding three eggs total, two of which hatched last night unseen by anyone. They must be tiny when they emerge and it would be fun to see. Here is a photo I snapped as we came home the other night. Looks like more eggs on the way! BTW, this amorous pair is hanging off a wall in our kitchen.

quite impressive is the size of the male's pecker in relation to the body and of course the ability to retract it completely. first time i saw it i was quite envious. now i am over it :o

quite impressive is the size of the male's pecker in relation to the body and of course the ability to retract it completely. first time i saw it i was quite envious. now i am over it :o

Hmmm.... I can't say that I have ever looked at the male's pecker. Leave it to Naam to notice that :D