Buy Business - Live And Work In T

I have lived in Taiwan for 3 years teaching English. During this time I visited Thaialnd twice and fell in love with the ambiance, friendly people, beautifull landscape and tasty food. I have been planning on moving there for some years. Currently I am working in Iran on a project and am able to save a bit of money. So, my plan is to, in 12 months, move to Thailand, where I plan on buying a starting a small business. I will have about 5.3m baht to invest. I am looking at schools, restaurants, Internet businesses or something touristy like a diving concern, etc, and plan to work and not only own the business. This will not be a get-rich-quick scheme, rather somewhere I can work for a long time, and return some sort of profit on my investment. I have a few questions - I am sure many of them have been answered somewhere before...:

• Should I go there, teach English, learn the language and then look around?
  • Businesses advertised on sites such as Sunbelt - are these businesses safe to investigate?
  • Is the paperwork (income, expenses, profit, etc) readily available?
  • Any other advice?

Regards, and appreciating your help,

LoveT :o

I would suggest that you get another teaching gig in Thailand so that you have time to look around without using your savings. If you get work in an area where you want to start a business this will give you a chance to slowly investigate the available opportunities. Teaching will also provide a second income until your business becomes profitable.

I would suggest that you get another teaching gig in Thailand so that you have time to look around without using your savings. If you get work in an area where you want to start a business this will give you a chance to slowly investigate the available opportunities. Teaching will also provide a second income until your business becomes profitable.

'I second the motion'

Come and teach for a year, during that time learn the language start making some contacts and get a feel for the business environment here in Thailand.

It will give you some income while you get your 'Sea Legs' and develop a viable business plan. If you are looking to set up a long lasting and profitable business, this is the best thing to do.

It would be very easy for you to rush into things, my recomendation to anyone, would be to live here for 6mo to a year before even considering opening a business.