What Level For Meter Taxi Queue

I am trying to give a couple of friends specific directions to get to the Airport Meter Taxi Queue so they can avoid all of the "limo" and other touts. I thought that the Meter Taxi queue is on the bottom floor. Keep going down till you can't go down any more and then go out. Is that right?

On the Airport websites it says that the Meter taxi Queue is on Level 2, arrivals. I am dead certain I always have to go down from the arrivals level.

Can you look at these directions and see if they are specific and accurate. Is the Queue outside on the bottom level or level 2 (like the website says).

"Keep going downstairs until you reach the bottom floor, then go

outside. Ignore anyone offering you a ride inside the terminal. When

you go outside, you will see the Taxi queue. At the Taxi queue, they

will use the meter."

OK?

Thanks, Drew

I am trying to give a couple of friends specific directions to get to the Airport Meter Taxi Queue so they can avoid all of the "limo" and other touts. I thought that the Meter Taxi queue is on the bottom floor. Keep going down till you can't go down any more and then go out. Is that right?

On the Airport websites it says that the Meter taxi Queue is on Level 2, arrivals. I am dead certain I always have to go down from the arrivals level.

Can you look at these directions and see if they are specific and accurate. Is the Queue outside on the bottom level or level 2 (like the website says).

"Keep going downstairs until you reach the bottom floor, then go

outside. Ignore anyone offering you a ride inside the terminal. When

you go outside, you will see the Taxi queue. At the Taxi queue, they

will use the meter."

OK?

Thanks, Drew

It is on the same level as arrivals..... about the 3rd or 4th exit door. Just ignore the touts until you get to the taxi desk.

As for going down if I am not mistaken when it first opened that was the plan, go down catch a bus to the taxi/bus station. But every time I have used a taxi it has been direct from the arrivals level, the last time was about 4 days ago.

Thank you very much for your reply.

I just feel like I am in the twilight zone or something. I have arrived there about 5 times (maybe 6 months ago last time) and always gone down from the arrivals hall, or maybe I am crazy. On the bottom was a table, 2 workers and a taxi queue (in my dream anyway).

OK, I believe you all and the website too. I guess the taxi queue really is on Level 2, arrivals. So I guess go out from baggage claim and Customs and out to the curb, no up or down from the arrival level.

Are there signs for the meter taxi queue inside the terminal?

Thanks,

Drew

The taxis used to be in the basement, they moved upstairs about 6 months ago probably the day after your last arrival :o

There are signs to the meter taxis, make sure your friends go to the actual taxi desk and get the ticket there are still dodgy drivers hanging around outside (they mostly want to take passengers to Pattaya so of no interest to me).

Meter (+50 Baht service fee + tolls) into BKK is no problem, further afield there is an official list of fixed fares.

Edited by Crossy

Thanks so much. Glad I didn't send my friends to the basement.

Is the actual taxi desk outside, by the curb, or inside the terminal. I haven't yet seen this new taxi queue myself.

Thanks, Drew

Thanks so much. Glad I didn't send my friends to the basement.

Is the actual taxi desk outside, by the curb, or inside the terminal. I haven't yet seen this new taxi queue myself.

Thanks, Drew

Out of interest, I picked up my friends from there a week or so ago, they told me that they had been approached for 'a taxi' whilst collecting their luggage!

The desk is outside, IIRC towards the right end of the terminal as you exit it's easy enough to spot, lots of taxis and drivers hanging around :o

Agree with DragonQuest. Go UPSTAIRS to level 4 departures, and you will find a load of cabs dropping people off. Just get one of these. If they will not use the meter, just get the one behind. I've had no problems getting one either here or at Don Muang departure level. Good luck.

just go to the 4th floor, u can get a meter taxi and dont have to PAY THE 50 BAHT on second floor.

Here we go again, If you cant afford 50 Baht for an OFFICIAL taxi what are you doing in Thailand for crying out loud.

onzestan

The taxis used to be in the basement, they moved upstairs about 6 months ago probably the day after your last arrival :o

There are signs to the meter taxis, make sure your friends go to the actual taxi desk and get the ticket there are still dodgy drivers hanging around outside (they mostly want to take passengers to Pattaya so of no interest to me).

Meter (+50 Baht service fee + tolls) into BKK is no problem, further afield there is an official list of fixed fares.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Thanks Crossy-----Anyone happen to have a digital photo copy of the latest " further afield " rates ??-- I see one somewhere --it was about 1 year old tho'

Bucko

After a long flight why not treat yourself to an AOT limo, quick easy and get someone to carry your bags too. It's not expensive either and no queuing. I use the every time, even to pick me up, they drive safer than taxi's, that is my main consideration.

Onzestan-I agree about the 50 baht. The reason I would always recommend people to go to departures is that it is usually very much quicker than joining the queue downstairs, and then trying to explain to a cabbie where you want to go, (along with everyone else).

That's why I do it - when I used to fly in and out of Don Muang the line was at least 20 to 30 minutes long at peak time. Nothing to do with the 50baht but the convenience of picking your own taxi and jumping in and off you go. I just say meter krap! If they resist I get out but it has only happened once.

just go to the 4th floor, u can get a meter taxi and dont have to PAY THE 50 BAHT on second floor.

Here we go again, If you cant afford 50 Baht for an OFFICIAL taxi what are you doing in Thailand for crying out loud.

onzestan

What is official taxi?

I always go to level 4 and take taxi from there. Ask them for meter, or in my case, just speak Thai, no problems. Though a friend of mine (being retarded :o ) always prefer to stand in queue and spend extra money for taxi.

Never a problem on the 4th floor with regard meters. Sometimes somchai will try stop you AOT official not the security guys there. But a polite P. Off and he runs away

Nearly all crew do it. Like flightcrew1 its not the money but the queue factor after flying all night. Pay 50 baht to queue 30 mins forget it....

onzestan

What is official taxi?

I always go to level 4 and take taxi from there. Ask them for meter, or in my case, just speak Thai, no problems. Though a friend of mine (being retarded :o ) always prefer to stand in queue and spend extra money for taxi.

The official taxi is where you get a receipt with info of the driver, and where you should take the taxi according to the rules in place.

If one doesn't want to follow the rules that's up to him/her, but then shouldn't complain if the Thai's don't follow the rules either.

That's just my take on this situation but hey if you want to take the risk it's your skin not mine.

And please don't give the excuse it's quicker on the 4 th floor, getting to the 4th floor takes also time and lets face it, it's not about the time its all about the 50 Baht isn't it?

cheers

onzestan

its all about the 50 Baht isn't it?

em....incorrect.

Its about time....especially after working all night.

Trust me I pass through SVB probably more times than anyone else on this forum. IT IS QUICKER TO GO TO THE 4TH FLOOR especially if the european flights have just arrived.

It is also quicker than using the more expensive AOT Limo service as by the time they bring the car round your already halfway down the motorway.

I have used all 3 methods on many many occassions and now I use the quickest method 4th floor taxi.

oh and btw I tip the driver I get from the 4th floor 50-60 baht so kinda ruins your argument about its all about 50 baht.

The majority of people who get there taxi's from the departures level are Thai's and Crew....upto you I guess :o

Edited by dekka007

Out of interest, I picked up my friends from there a week or so ago, they told me that they had been approached for 'a taxi' whilst collecting their luggage!

Never heard of that but the AOT limo service does has a desk inside the arrivals hall if I am not mistaken, so maybe it was one of them that approached them.

As for me I have never seen a large enough que at the 'offical' taxi desk and the thing I like about it is you get a ticket with the cab number for any future complaints and issues.

As for me I have never seen a large enough que at the 'offical' taxi desk and the thing I like about it is you get a ticket with the cab number for any future complaints and issues.

Exactly !!!!

Complain? To who? (would anyone care?) Anyway...again as Dekka007 all of us crew do it. I have also tried AOT limo and though very nice it took ages for them to get the car. I have used it on occasion to the airport and they were there one hour before I was even scheduled to leave.

Complain? To who? (would anyone care?) Anyway...again as Dekka007 all of us crew do it. I have also tried AOT limo and though very nice it took ages for them to get the car. I have used it on occasion to the airport and they were there one hour before I was even scheduled to leave.

Police if necessary. And if you leave something in the back, you can call someone up and they will help you get it back.

Never heard of that but the AOT limo service does has a desk inside the arrivals hall if I am not mistaken, so maybe it was one of them that approached them.

They do it all the time. The people from the AOT counter approach people in the vicinty of the luggage carousels.

Drew 345; by going through this post at least you can tell your friends that they have a choice about where they can go to pick up a cab!

They can even book one in advance over the web if they're really unsure.

When do these purported 30 minute queues take place? I've NEVER had to line up or queue or whatever for a taxi at Suvarnabhumi. The most I've ever had to wait was about a minute for a guy in front of me at the dispatch desk. Beats the six taxis I had to wave down at Departures before I found one who agreed to use his metre.

When do these purported 30 minute queues take place? I've NEVER had to line up or queue or whatever for a taxi at Suvarnabhumi. The most I've ever had to wait was about a minute for a guy in front of me at the dispatch desk. Beats the six taxis I had to wave down at Departures before I found one who agreed to use his metre.

Haven't waited that long at the new airport yet. Sometimes waited longer at the old one. Remember standing in a queue for 45 miutes from 11.30pm and dripping with sweat. Was strong and resisted paying for a taxi from a booth even though it would have cost about £3 extra and I felt disgusting.