What Level For Meter Taxi Queue

Is the actual taxi desk outside, by the curb, or inside the terminal. I haven't yet seen this new taxi queue myself.

The desk is outside, IIRC towards the right end of the terminal as you exit it's easy enough to spot, lots of taxis and drivers hanging around :o

When getting a taxi at arrival (2nd floor) will the taxi dispatcher at the desk quote you a price to pay for your destination or is it strictly metered..

I seem to have been quoted a fare at the outside desk on the first floor last year.

Thanks.

TC

Is the actual taxi desk outside, by the curb, or inside the terminal. I haven't yet seen this new taxi queue myself.

The desk is outside, IIRC towards the right end of the terminal as you exit it's easy enough to spot, lots of taxis and drivers hanging around :o

When getting a taxi at arrival (2nd floor) will the taxi dispatcher at the desk quote you a price to pay for your destination or is it strictly metered..

I seem to have been quoted a fare at the outside desk on the first floor last year.

Thanks.

TC

Normally metered, but sometimes they'll try it on and ask for a flat amount.

Thanks.

TC

Normally metered, but sometimes they'll try it on and ask for a flat amount.

Into Bangkok you should get the meter, no issue. For places further afield where there is little chance of a return fare there is an 'official' list of prices taped to the desk. Of course it's in Thai and upside down but I always get the same rate to home (about 60% over the metered fare to the airport) :D

Edited by Crossy

I am trying to give a couple of friends specific directions to get to the Airport Meter Taxi Queue so they can avoid all of the "limo" and other touts. I thought that the Meter Taxi queue is on the bottom floor. Keep going down till you can't go down any more and then go out. Is that right?

On the Airport websites it says that the Meter taxi Queue is on Level 2, arrivals. I am dead certain I always have to go down from the arrivals level.

Can you look at these directions and see if they are specific and accurate. Is the Queue outside on the bottom level or level 2 (like the website says).

"Keep going downstairs until you reach the bottom floor, then go

outside. Ignore anyone offering you a ride inside the terminal. When

you go outside, you will see the Taxi queue. At the Taxi queue, they

will use the meter."

OK?

Thanks, Drew

It is on the same level as arrivals..... about the 3rd or 4th exit door. Just ignore the touts until you get to the taxi desk.

As for going down if I am not mistaken when it first opened that was the plan, go down catch a bus to the taxi/bus station. But every time I have used a taxi it has been direct from the arrivals level, the last time was about 4 days ago.

Just flew back last week, same level same 50 baht surcharge

BUT it costs me over 275 baht to soi 8 vs 165 form Don Meung!!!!!

I think the cute girls in the arrival hall do a great job at getting the tourists to use their Limo taxis!!!

Why i liked the old airport so much better:

nicely upholstered comfy seats at the gates. decent lighting. Carpet!

Come & go by train at the huge cost of a whole 10 bht! or plenty of taxis on the road outside... so easily accessed of the walkway bridge.

There is a potential problem with the metered taxis. These all seem to run off LPG now so what happens is that their boot (trunk) space is severely restricted by the gas cylinder. Now usually only room for one small bag in there. OK, if you are kon diaow but if there are two or three of you, you will be sharing the passenger compartment with your suitcases.

I think that if you are going any distance, e.g. Pattaya, you are better off taking the limo service. Yes, it does cost more but it's worth it for the extra comfort after a long flight and maybe a long queue at Immigration. Plenty of luggage space as well.

DM